Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3

Old 01-29-2018, 04:56 PM   #1

test

Not seeing much activity on the RX3 forum so I thought I would post this to see if it shows up or if I have a problem on my end getting new posts?
The new posts use to be high lighted to show I havn't read them now they are all the same for the past week or so. Makes it hard to tell which I've looked at.
Maybe its a setting some where?
Hope everyone has a great and safe upcoming riding season. Rj

Old 01-29-2018, 08:32 PM   #2

Ah, winter and the cabin fever complex.....it's pretty common on the motorcycle forums. We have a pretty small world (RX3) so I guess it is to be expected that our posts would slow down in winter. Me, I'm getting stoked for Daytona Bike Week in about 5 weeks. I'll be there for 12 days this year. I'm trailering my RX3 and V7. Last year I put a few hundred miles on each. I hope to do more miles this year. Nevertheless, just getting out of the winter funk will be worth the drive.

Peter Y.

Old 01-30-2018, 04:23 PM   #3

Too Busy Riding

Most people appear to be in hibernation mode.

Fortunately, I'm not most people.

After finishing up my winter maintenance on the RX3, I was actually able to get out and ride for 3 days last week. About 250 miles worth, so no complaints here for January in the midwest. Temperatures were in the 30-50 Deg F range, the roads were clear of ice and salt, so I put my heated gear to use. The RX3's spare 140 watts really does come in handy. And to put that in perspective, a Kawasaki Z900 that I was looking at only has 15 watts of spare electrical capacity! That's barely enough to run a GPS or charge a phone.

On a down note, I wasn't able to make it to the Progressive IMS over in Cleveland on the 26-28. However, I'll take riding a bike over looking at them any day of the week.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:27 PM   #4

It will pick up after the Super Bowl.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:52 PM   #5

I was out on the RX3 on Saturday - over 50 degrees. But, it snowed today so back to winter . . .
IBA#65836

2005 BMW F650gs
2008 Yamaha XT250
2013 Yamaha XT250
2009 Suzuki Gladius

Old 01-30-2018, 10:20 PM   #6

Winter's absolutely kicked the hell out of riding this year. It's been pretty awful so far, and I'm usually pretty hard-headed about riding when I can. Been a continual rollercoaster of freezing temps, followed by one nice day, then rain, then snow, then freezing again.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:28 PM   #7

You read it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Working_ZS View Post
After finishing up my winter maintenance on the RX3, I was actually able to get out and ride for 3 days last week. About 250 miles worth, so no complaints here for January in the midwest. Temperatures were in the 30-50 Deg F range, the roads were clear of ice and salt, so I put my heated gear to use. The RX3's spare 140 watts really does come in handy. And to put that in perspective, a Kawasaki Z900 that I was looking at only has 15 watts of spare electrical capacity! That's barely enough to run a GPS or charge a phone.

On a down note, I wasn't able to make it to the Progressive IMS over in Cleveland on the 26-28. However, I'll take riding a bike over looking at them any day of the week.
The little Chinese 250 RX-3 has more power that a Z900.
heh heh heh heh

Old 01-31-2018, 12:12 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullybiker View Post
Winter's absolutely kicked the hell out of riding this year. It's been pretty awful so far, and I'm usually pretty hard-headed about riding when I can. Been a continual rollercoaster of freezing temps, followed by one nice day, then rain, then snow, then freezing again.

That is a great photo.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:41 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCDude View Post
That is a great photo.
Thanks Joe!

I went out despite my better judgement. It was 17F that morning, and I don't think it got above 25 all day. Bike was fine, even if the roads were still very dicey.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:09 AM   #10

Quote:

Nice picture My fingers and toes got numb just looking at the picture. Brrrrr
2020 Venom Ghost 250
105main,40pilot,17/36 sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9
2016 Black Hawk 250
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 01-31-2018, 12:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Nice picture My fingers and toes got numb just looking at the picture. Brrrrr
Those gloves have a small lithium-polymer battery, good for about 90 minutes of medium heat. With a balaclava and a decent jacket, I can comfortably do my commute, which is about 35-40 minutes. I have handguards and really ought to fit them, as I'm sure they'd improve things even more.

The biggest problem on that day was coming back. It was dark after 1700hrs, so I couldn't see the road clearly and therefore couldn't watch for shiny spots. That being said the bike didn't move unexpectedly at all, so I was lucky. You can see in the picture that one side of the road is dark; that's usually no bueno.

I usually won't go out if there's ice around, like the day after a snowfall and the stuff has started to runoff or melt.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:35 PM   #12

We've had pretty good weather out here in Nor Cal so far this Winter, though the roads have frozen a few times. Mrs. 2LZ and I have been busy for the last couple months wrenching on the C4 instead of playing with the bikes. I'm sure come Spring and the car's off the stands, things will get back to normal on our end.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 02-01-2018, 04:27 PM   #13

I so wanted to trade you guys some good old snow for the fires you've had down in Cali. this winter. I've got cabin fever so bad I went to the dentist today just to get out. rj

Old 02-01-2018, 10:34 PM   #14

Quote:
Those gloves have a small lithium-polymer battery, good for about 90 minutes of medium heat. With a balaclava and a decent jacket, I can comfortably do my commute, which is about 35-40 minutes. I have handguards and really ought to fit them, as I'm sure they'd improve things even more.

The biggest problem on that day was coming back. It was dark after 1700hrs, so I couldn't see the road clearly and therefore couldn't watch for shiny spots. That being said the bike didn't move unexpectedly at all, so I was lucky. You can see in the picture that one side of the road is dark; that's usually no bueno.

I usually won't go out if there's ice around, like the day after a snowfall and the stuff has started to runoff or melt.
It's kind of stupid when people tell you to be careful, but, be careful my friend.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 02-09-2018, 11:21 AM   #15

New job requires lots of road time. Last rode the day after Thanksgiving. Tough adjustment for someone used to riding 45000-50000 each year. Can't even get home to do maintenance. Sucks.