Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3

Old 07-01-2016, 10:44 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsocial View Post
........the bike has never started right up pushing on the start button. It takes a holding it down for a few seconds and doing it twice to get it started. It has never started quickly, never, not even right out of the box.
Between my brothers bike and mine, his has always fired right up, mine has taken a little more time. Even twice at the beginning, as you described.
With miles, mine's getting better. Fires on the first push but still takes a few turns.

As Ron B says, check your fuse connection and also, check your battery terminals for "clean and tight". I read that stalling could be caused by that on these, as well.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-01-2016, 02:09 PM   #17

I remember reading something on RX3 Forums thread titled "Ignition Problems" Andy had his RX3 lose power and quit. I think he cleaned the ignition switch or something to that effect maybe its worth a look.
2015 RX3 Cyclone (White)
2015 RX3 Cyclone (Orange)
2016 Honda CB500X

Old 07-01-2016, 03:16 PM   #18

Mine would intermittently die while going down the road one day like I hit the kill switch. I could pull in the clutch and hit the starter button and get it running before loosing too much speed so road it this way for a couple of hours to get home. Got home and checked the battery terminals by accident and both were loose and would giggle enough to kill it . Tightened them and problem gone, rj

Old 07-02-2016, 09:00 AM   #19

Thanks guys for all the feedback. At the end of the day, someone put these bikes together so maybe it isn't a 100% and the amount of vibration coming off of them could cause anything to be loose at any time as well. I have learned that to be true with my Harley. I can't tell you how many screws I've lost and I've almost lost my exhaust ...haha..no lie.

Point being, guess this is a lesson to always double check everything. I am going to check the ignition switch, battery terminals, fuse and just any damn wire on the bike. It is possible during build, something wasn't pushed tight together, or with the mileage something came loose.

Cheers friends! I'll let you know if I experience this again. Hopefully the bike starting right up at one push does get better.

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!

Old 07-02-2016, 10:55 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
Mine would intermittently die while going down the road one day like I hit the kill switch. I could pull in the clutch and hit the starter button and get it running before loosing too much speed so road it this way for a couple of hours to get home. Got home and checked the battery terminals by accident and both were loose and would giggle enough to kill it . Tightened them and problem gone, rj
I checked mine at the 500 miles servicing and sure enough both were only finger tight, actually the neg was less than that and I believe the only thing holding it on was the rubber cap. With the number of bikes CSC is turning out something like this is to be expected ....no one is perfect. Anyone wanting to point the "Chinese junk" finger at this particular issue need only read this: http://www.autoblog.com/2016/01/13/h...ll-motorcycle/

And you were saying ? ? ?

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 07-03-2016, 03:01 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
I need to make it clear that when this happened ,my RX3 had around 7500 miles on it and I was the one who forgot to tighten the terminals from when I added some battery tender leads to the battery. My fault not CSC's . After reading some posts above it was clear I neglected to mention that little tidbit of info. I'm surprised that with all the turning off and restarting that it didn't screw up the computer thingy and with around 9500 miles on it now ,appears no worse for the incident. It never once hinted that it wouldn't make it home during the Iron Butt 1000 so I think the motor, FI, cooling, computer part are pretty bullet proof. rj

Old 07-03-2016, 05:33 AM   #22

rx3 James had the bike stall wile riding turned out to be purple connector under seat was loose if it only happens when downshifting i would check valve adj. again the more you do it the better at it you will get

Old 07-03-2016, 10:17 AM   #23

I had a similar problem but it went away after the second valve adjustment. I had them too tight. At the loose end of the adjustment spec, the bike hasn't quit. Better gas mileage, too.

Old 07-03-2016, 12:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy dog View Post
rx3 James had the bike stall wile riding turned out to be purple connector under seat was loose if it only happens when downshifting i would check valve adj. again the more you do it the better at it you will get
The plug under the seat I checked when i got the bike, only cause CSC said to do that in one of their videos, upon receiving your bike. I'll check it again though, doesn't hurt to check

Pay it Forward!

Old 07-04-2016, 04:54 PM   #25

Mine did this the last time I had a chance to drive it. Today after being on the road for three weeks I got a chance to change the oil and check the valves as part of my 2500 service. Both exhaust valves were too tight for my .04mm to fit under. My .03mm fit barely. I set them all to .08MM.

2016 CSC RX3 Sahara Orange

Old 07-05-2016, 12:28 PM   #26

6900+ Miles Still cuts off

I have checked the valves, Ok. When slowing down, less than 20 mph and coasting to a stop or about to turn, the engine just cuts off. I hit the starter and it starts immediately, and resumes riding like nothing happened.

This has happened many times, and seems worse in really hot weather.

Old 07-05-2016, 12:55 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave92029 View Post
I have checked the valves, Ok. When slowing down, less than 20 mph and coasting to a stop or about to turn, the engine just cuts off. I hit the starter and it starts immediately, and resumes riding like nothing happened.

This has happened many times, and seems worse in really hot weather.
Mine has done it twice now, once more since my last post. When I had it on the rack on Saturday to change the oil, I redid the connections under the seat, just because, and also, redid my battery terminals even though they seemed ok. I put on about 150+ hard miles over the weekend and no stalling. Ran and acted perfectly.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-05-2016, 08:16 PM   #28

Today was my first kinda worrysome moment with my rx3 at 2600mi. After work I started it up, and you know how a second or two into running it'll cut the idle speed down (depending on temperature of course)? Well it cut it...off. She started right back up and drove home fine. Hope it's nothing. It was also 100 F outside.

Old 07-05-2016, 08:38 PM   #29

mine just did it the one time when I first got it and i found the loose fuse. Hasnt done it since.....(knock on wood)....

Old 07-06-2016, 10:15 PM   #30

weird that is it is happening to quite a few folks. I haven't rode it all week. I have buying buying parts for my other bike and having to drive parts home in the car. lol Exhaust, tires, fender...etc..etc.. The Harley is getting overhauled.
I'll take the RX3 out on Friday for a day ride and see if it happens again.

Pay it Forward!