Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews

Old 02-12-2018, 12:18 PM   #1

Thumbs Up 2006 Roketa RMS 200ccE DB

Hey all... I bought my Roketa back in October or November of 2017 to have a little fun on my 20 acres of land here and it was a little rough at first... while riding... the battery fell out on the ground... I fixed that... took it out again and the muffler fell off... fix that and took it out again... then the clutch would not engage... the exhaust pipe was laying on the clutch lever... so I fixed that and took it out again... then the ignition switch came out the holder... so I found that there was only one screw holding it in so went to Lowes and bought a screw and I fixed that too... I was wondering why my gear shift lever was so hard to shift through the gears.. I found out the previous owner over filled it with oil... he dumped at least 2 quarts of oil in the... so I changed the oil and put a quart in there.. now it shifts good... then I found out my foot brake was turned too far in towards the motor... so I pried the brake lever out several times until it matched my foot... then I found my seat screw was stripped... so I ran a thread chaser in the nut and bought 2 new screws to secure the seat... then I found my plug wire laying against the head and started burning through the wire.. so I bought some wire looms and fixed that... my bike was leaking oil bad through the crankcase vent hose.. so I fixed that too... The I found that the fuel cut off valve was locked up.. so I sprayed lube on it and freed that up...

I am still finding some things wrong with it... but this is not the makers fault... the previous owner was just too lazy to fix it the right way... Now the Bike runs as it should... I still need to look at the gas tank because there is a little rust in there... but now she is a nice riding bike...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0158.jpg (97.4 KB, 508 views)
2004 Isuzu Rodeo
1998 Kia Sportage 4x4
2004 Toyota Tundra
2016 Ford Escape

Guitars

1970 Gibson SG mint Condition
2005 Epiphone white Custom SG Les Paul L/New
Fender Banjo New Condition
BC Rich Bitch - Like New\
3 Jay Turser SG Good Condition

Amps

Marshall vs100 Good Condition
Acoustic 261 very good condition
Boss GT-6 Pedal effects Like New

Last edited by wheel spinner; 02-24-2018 at 06:25 AM.

Old 02-13-2018, 06:55 AM   #2

Good job getting everything worked out.

/

Old 02-13-2018, 01:10 PM   #3

With a used China bike, it sometimes feels like you have to fix everything. It's totally worth it to me, though; I love wrenching as much as (perhaps even more than) riding. How did you fix the issue of oil leaking out of the crankcase vent hose?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-13-2018, 03:31 PM   #4

Yea... It's a lot of fun to me to tin with it... Far as the hose blowing oil from the crack case... I went to NAPA and bought a hose .. a threaded hose on the outside.... clamped it on the crankcase... placed a reducer on the other end... put a large see through fuel filter in line .. and placed another smaller hose on that end and connected that to my air box... made sure the oil level was correct... so now if it does blow a little oil out the fuel filter will catch it... and with the fuel filter being see through I can see if oil is inn the filter... works great and I don't have any oil in the filter yet... ( knock on wood ) lol....

One small problem I am having is trying to figure out if I have a 250cc or a 200cc... the guy sold it to me as a 250cc... butt on the front side if the head, there is a label that says 198... its not stamped in the head... just a sticker with other numbers behind it... the title does not say... lol...

anyways if you are having problems with the oil blowing out that hose... try that ...
2004 Isuzu Rodeo
1998 Kia Sportage 4x4
2004 Toyota Tundra
2016 Ford Escape

Guitars

Amps

Old 02-15-2018, 12:28 PM   #5

The only real way to determine displacement is to remove the head and measure bore and stroke. The numbers on the left side of the motor (near the gearshift) can be decoded to tell you what it is supposed to be, but that doesn't always reflect reality. Accept the bike for what it is and enjoy it.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-15-2018, 03:27 PM   #6

Thumbs Up

Yea .. I know what you're saying.... it's 74 degrees here today... took her out for a ride... it handled very nice... and nothing fell off... lol... I still need to find a clip to hold my speedo in my wheel... and hold down clamps for my choke and throttle cable... I need to order a tool box... a rear fender well... and that's all I have left to get...

but I really enjoy this bike.. a really fun riding bike.... and I do believe it is a Roketa RMS 200E... all the pictures I have looked at looks exactly the same as mine... especially the motor crankcase and gear casing... I am just not sure what motor it is... trying figure this out before I need to buy motor parts... .

But far as the review... it's just like any other motorcycle including the Harley Davison's ... I saw a guy today underneath his Harley working on it on the side of the road... If you own a Harley you know what I mean... owners are always working on the Harleys... I have had a few Hondas in the 70's... and I worked on them at times... The Roketa is a nice bike... despite what china haters say... they hear or read one thing bad about something then all of it is bad... n keep you bikes in good condition... take care of them and no matter who made them... they will last...
2004 Isuzu Rodeo
1998 Kia Sportage 4x4
2004 Toyota Tundra
2016 Ford Escape

Guitars

Amps

Last edited by wheel spinner; 02-15-2018 at 04:50 PM.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:37 PM   #7

Show me the rear fender you need, along with the space for a toolbox. I might have both items.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:49 PM   #8

The first picture is of the tool box. When my muffler fell off, it layed on the top of the tool box and completely melted it... the second picture is of the rear fender skirt?? the tag hangs on it with the tag mount bracket...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg db-07-200-03-37[1].jpg (63.3 KB, 404 views)
File Type: jpg db-07-200-03-42[1].jpg (64.2 KB, 396 views)
2004 Isuzu Rodeo
1998 Kia Sportage 4x4
2004 Toyota Tundra
2016 Ford Escape

Guitars

Amps

Old 02-22-2018, 12:22 PM   #9

The space the tool box fits into is shown below... and the other section that holds the tags on is below that which is broken off...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0186.jpg (94.6 KB, 376 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0191.jpg (93.3 KB, 372 views)
2004 Isuzu Rodeo
1998 Kia Sportage 4x4
2004 Toyota Tundra
2016 Ford Escape

Guitars

Amps

Old 02-22-2018, 01:46 PM   #10

I'll see what I can find. Don't be shy about bumping this thread, in case I lose track.

Old 03-02-2018, 01:21 PM   #11

I did some searching and found what I think is the correct toolbox (it even has some tools in it). I did not find the correct fender, but I'm pretty sure mine was broken as well. I had a broken inner fender on my Lifan as well, so I trimmed it and fabricated a license plate holder under the tail light. Perhaps you'd like to do something similar.

Would you like the tool box? I also found a Roketa tail light and some faded signal lights, etc. If you want this stuff, shoot me a PM.

Old 03-03-2018, 12:19 PM   #12

Does this tail light match yours?

Name:  Tail light.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  93.5 KB

Old 03-03-2018, 01:23 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel spinner View Post
The first picture is of the tool box. When my muffler fell off, it layed on the top of the tool box and completely melted it... the second picture is of the rear fender skirt?? the tag hangs on it with the tag mount bracket...
It took a while but I found what looks to be your fender it's the same one I've had to buy:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=3813935270

Old 03-03-2018, 02:28 PM   #14

parts

merlin... yea.. that looks like it... mine is all broken up and is not attached to the bike... but looks like the one I need because of the shape and size and where the light attaches to it and where the fender attaches to the plastic cover under the luggage bar... then all I need is a tag mount...

are you selling this or just showing me where you bought it at?? how much was it??

Thanks.. David
2004 Isuzu Rodeo
1998 Kia Sportage 4x4
2004 Toyota Tundra
2016 Ford Escape

Guitars

Amps

Old 03-03-2018, 02:31 PM   #15

Weldangrind... that's it ... 99% sure...
2004 Isuzu Rodeo
1998 Kia Sportage 4x4
2004 Toyota Tundra
2016 Ford Escape

Guitars

Amps