Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3

Old 07-01-2017, 02:37 PM   #16

I let my stock battery drain too far since I haven't been riding and it wouldn't take a charge. Completely my fault.

I looked over the options and while LiFePO4 looks interesting and is 7 pounds lighter than stock, I decided to stick with AGM and bought a Moto Classic battery from Impact Batteries. Seems like a good deal with their 10% discount code ("powersports") and free shipping, so $80.05 to my door. Besides, i could stand to lose 7+ pounds myself, so a 7 pound weigh savings on the bike won't make much difference in performance.

Their battery is model YTZ14/12S and replaces both 14s and 12s sized batteries. Dimensionally the same as our stock battery, it provides 260 CCA (50 CCA more than stock) and weighs in at just under 8 pounds. It carries a 2.5 year warranty and has good reviews online... so I took a chance. Here's a link to the battery in case anyone's interested:

http://www.impactbattery.com/ytz14-1...m-battery.html

Once I receive it, I'll install and advise of results. Overall it's a battery, so probably not much to report, but knowing it will have more CCA, that makes me feel a bit better in case I need to start the motor quickly if I stall the bike in traffic.

Last edited by rtking; 07-01-2017 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Corrected the price paid

Old 07-08-2017, 09:22 PM   #17

I received the Moto Classic battery and installed it. It was perhaps just a smidge more snug than the stock battery, and by my unofficial bicep measurement, perhaps slightly heavier (less than a pound?)

The battery is stout and started the motor quickly. True to form, I rode the bike and stalled it once. The new battery started the bike up just a little more quickly than the stock battery did. Good strong cranks, but it took 3 - 4 cranks before it fired up again.

Otherwise... not a lot more to report other than I feel good knowing that a stout replacement battery is on the bike since I've added auxiliary lights, GPS and a camera mount. Good to have the extra cold cranking amps and a fresh battery.

Old 07-25-2018, 02:15 PM   #18

battery or charging circuit

My battery is showing signs of failure... it just won't hold a charge for to long. I've keep it on a 2amp auto charger, but I guess 1 1/2 years on a cheap battery doesn't cut it. Before I buy a new battery how can I check alternator output, though? Is it as simple as checking voltage at the battery at say 2000 rpm? The bike has only 2100 miles, but who knows.

BTW; Anything more to report on your 260cca battery rtking?