Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2016, 11:44 PM   #1

#Everide is going to review the rx-3

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=m8gF0WFM_Es

2007 Suzuki Burgman 400
2016 Zongshen CSC Cyclone RX3
2008 Arctic Cat 700 trv

Old 07-31-2016, 08:40 AM   #2

If you havent heard of this guy, I think he's pretty cool to watch, has good tips, videos and is pretty entertaining as a dual sport "vlogger" (and boy do I dislike that word). He is a pretty educated and well spoken guy whose opinions I don't always agree with, but it's nice to hear someone with actual thoughts and ideas be able to communicate them well. His review of the RX3 should be honest, non biased and entertaining. He's one of the 4 people I subscribe to on YouTube.

EDIT: He isn't just going to ride it and review it, he BOUGHT ONE. Now, while he admits he doesn't even like or want the bike, he bought it used, private party, and has no ties to CSC nor any other manufacturer, and the review will be in depth and cover (and I am speculating on this) some pretty hard core ADV rides, as well as mods to the bike. This should be good...

Old 07-31-2016, 11:25 AM   #3

It's funny hearing he bought one... considering all the crap he talks about China Bikes on his videos/online posts... Hell must be freezing over as I type...

All that said... I like to watch both Everide Channels

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 07-31-2016, 04:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
It's funny hearing he bought one... considering all the crap he talks about China Bikes on his videos/online posts... Hell must be freezing over as I type...
Never heard of him, but based on what you say, it sounds like he's a tad bit biased going in. Sounds like just another CB basher. Yawn.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 07-31-2016, 11:04 PM   #5

Everyone I know is biased against China Bikes. What does bother me is that he bought a used bike and will be judging that. Who knows how it was set up, especially if it was out of the first "boat deal" when they shipped them direct to customer.

Granted, the bike wasn't even broke in yet so that's a plus.

I'm looking forward to this review....but he almost used CSC's sole propitiatory situation as a negative....and we all know that's incorrect. I've gotten better response and better customer service out of CSC than any Japanese dealership I've ever dealt with. Establishing a relationship with CSC is half the joy of owning this bike and he's not granting himself this opportunity.

These concerns aside, I'll be watching this with much interest.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-31-2016, 11:22 PM   #6

Maybe it's just me, but when I watch the video in the OP, the guy sounds like he's primed for a hack job on the bike. I've never watched any of his other videos or even heard of him, but that's the impression I got from the video. I hope I'm wrong.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 08-01-2016, 08:01 AM   #7

He'll give it an honest shot. It's not made for what he's going to do with it though. And he bought a 2015 orange that will turn yellow in a matter of weeks in the sun.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:14 AM   #8

I know the guy has a ton of subscribers...myself among them. This guy can certainly have some influence over the popularity of the bike, as well as its reliability and it's "acceptance" into the ADV culture. I don't think he's going to sway any of us, as this seems like a mature crowd here and on the thread on ADVRider. I am very interested in following along as he's going to do some mods, and ride it further and harder than I probably will. I do hope it's not going to turn into a hate fest or just an all out juvenile bashing session for YouTube publicity/ratings. Like I said in my previous post, he seems educated, fair, well spoken and claims it will be honest and real. I hope it is.

CSaddict has a very salient point, I've seen what this guy does on his rides, and when he takes his KLR... I'd not take a KLR nor an RX3 on those rides. Also, he rebuilds the KLR pretty often, for fun or necessity I'm not sure. I'd hate to see him put the RX3 in a situation where it's set up to fail. It'd be like watching the American version of the Top Gear show, where you just know the car will end up as a smoking, twisted hulk as they (and their viewers) laugh their way to it's demise. It would be nice if the RX3 came out as a surprise badass....

Old 08-01-2016, 09:01 AM   #9

Send a message via Skype™ to Daeouse
Having followed the motovlogger scene for quite a while now, I can honestly say the following:
1) This video sounded more like a hatchet-job than an honest review.
2) It sounds like he's only ever bought used bikes, so I'm not sure I trust his opinion on "good bikes"
3) Not to make it personal, but under 50K does not a leading light in the motorcycle community make. (C2W has millions)
4) Its good to see some videos on the bike, even if its someone groaning about it being made in china.

Old 08-01-2016, 02:48 PM   #10

I think he'll do alright reviewing the bike although he lives in Utah it looks like by the backdrop which may not be a great place for the RX3 with all the high speed limits and wind. He's going to see it from the perspective of a used bike buyer as well as someone dirt focused so I doubt he'll compare it favorably against the swarm of used KLRs and DR650s out there. The RX3 isn't bad by virtue or its weight in rough spots but it's very much lacking in suspension vs the previously mentioned bikes in dirt. I listed my honest negatives in the comments block below the video. The brakes, fuel range and really low mpg and limited speed in wind are my main lows. I'm also working through some top end ticking issue on it right now with Gerry. Putting valves in spec (checked twice) didn't fix the issue.

Old 08-01-2016, 04:00 PM   #11

Pull the cam. Probably wiped out a lobe. Happened already.

Old 08-01-2016, 04:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee R View Post
He's going to see it from the perspective of a used bike buyer as well as someone dirt focused so I doubt he'll compare it favorably against the swarm of used KLRs and DR650s out there.
Thank you for bringing up this point. In my entire life of buying decades worth of Dirt Bike Mag, Motocross Action, Cycle World, Cycle Guide, etc...etc... I've never until recently have seen people (online blogs mostly) compare a 250 against a 650. I mean, really? Of course a 250 isn't going to match up against something more than twice it's size, suspension and displacement.

I wonder what started this trend? It would be like saying back in the day, "We ran the Honda Elsinore 125 up against the Maico 450 and we were disappointed by its performance."

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 08-01-2016, 04:59 PM   #13

Good point, 2LZ, and I hope everide takes that into account.

On the other hand, there's not much comparable to the RX3 right now. You could compare it to other 250s on road. But I don't know any 250s in the US designed for touring. And you could compare it with the 250 offroad bikes, but that's more inline with the TT250, not the RX3.

I would love to see a head to head comparison between the RX3 and the Honda CB500x ... with comparable equipment (bars, bags, etc). That's the closest matchup in the US market that I can think of.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 08-01-2016, 08:36 PM   #14

Be interesting to see a shootout with the RX3, RX4 450 and the Himalian, KTM 390 DS, CB500x ? rj
http://www.cycleworld.com/sites/cycl...4JS61&fc=50,50

Old 08-02-2016, 12:49 AM   #15

2LZ.. good point. I think the comparison (to which there is really none) is due to the physiological factors in play. Hang on for this one people...

The nasty word is chinese. We Americans want to see our selfs as the innovators in quality and production in every thing . Unfortunately this has long passed. I remember in the mid 2000's looking for a laptop computer that was not assembled in China. I was never able to find one and chose an acer. I began to realize that everything in our society was manufactured in China. Was this bad...of course as far as domestic manufacturing jobs go, a big yes. But should we demonize the Chinese for playing a game which we invented? And whole heartedly participated in ? No... (harbor freight #1).

This leads me back to the video blog dude who, if he is trying to make a comparison of a klr and a rx3 , he is only being Patriotic in a sense. Now I understand there are Japanese bikes and German bikes etc but those have long since been considered under the Patriotic wing of the United States and her allied sphere and will naturally get favor. But a CHINESE adv motorcycle...oh pleeessse.

Thank you and good nite...please step away from the pitchforks and torches.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~