Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2016, 09:43 PM   #1

150 miles, half on dirt!

Did a big ride today and I am TIRED! Standing on the pegs for 4 hours is hard. Cruised back out to Sultan, WA. to do some more exploring and found TONS of great fire roads. Some got pretty bad and very steep but the bike handled it well. I didn't get video of the worst of it but here is some of the views and a bit of the riding:

Old 11-04-2016, 09:56 PM   #2

Thanks for the video. Love that orange. Looks like a fun ride.

Old 11-05-2016, 09:25 AM   #3

Thanks for the ride, Joe.

Those logging areas don't do much for the scenery.

Maybe it's the camera location and is normal, but I thought I heard a metallic rattling from the engine. Is it my imagination?

jb

Old 11-05-2016, 10:11 AM   #4

First I would check is to make sure the Exhaust Heat Shield isn't touching/rubbing the header, they sometimes make a similar "rattling" sound like what was in the video

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 11-05-2016, 01:34 PM   #5

I'll double check it and others but I check all the bolts after a big ride like this and they've all been locktite or anti-siezed and while some still rattle a bit loose I've always heard that sound on the videos when the cam is in that position. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Old 11-05-2016, 05:18 PM   #6

From what I can remember... On Detours RX3 : all the bolts were "properly tight, with nothing physically moving", but part of the Heat Shield itself was slightly touching the header towards "the front" of the bike.

Can't remember if he "shimmed" it away from the exhaust with a small washer or 2, or if it was a "bend the heat shield away" kind of job...

What I can remember is seeing it BARELY touching and causing a massive amount of racket for such a little part

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 11-05-2016, 08:27 PM   #7

I've checked everything including the heat shield and can find nothing loose or touching or anything. Only thing I noticed was my overflow coolant bottle was pretty much empty. Just a bit in the bottom. Radiator was full. I filled the overflow bottle up about 3/4. Haven't seen any leaks so not sure if that's normal? I've got 1200 miles on the bike now.