Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2017, 10:16 AM   #76

SWEET! I'm glad you got your bike and in reasonably great shape!!

Old 03-04-2017, 02:11 PM   #77

So the Hawk is complete......first ride one mile rear tube pop......so now I get to pull it all the way off and look for debri inside the tire or a bur to try n fix the problem before I put a new tube in. And I'm not even going to wait around for the dealer to send one I'll just go pick one up. Anybody know what the tube size is off hand. Im also searching tubless conversions

Old 03-04-2017, 04:03 PM   #78

Dang! Hope you get it sorted fast
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*
Vader 125cc *sold after owning for many years*
1997 Jeep Wrangler *sold due to frame rot*

Old 03-04-2017, 04:53 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsumd View Post
Dang! Hope you get it sorted fast
Yea its sad but honestly i assume the tubes areabout equal to bike tire tubes its at my local honda shop getting a heavy duty tube put in it i just hope they get it done before they close today or else ill be waiting till monday. Little stuff like this is not even trying to get something out of the dealer for just faster and alot less head ache to fix it and move on with life lol. Now if in less than a years time the motor drops out or transmission issues then ill deal with the dealer on that but just not worth my time to even bother and honestly that goes for all dealers on everything ive ever bought lol.

Old 03-04-2017, 06:23 PM   #80

I don't blame you there. I wouldn't want to wait around on dealer for a tube. The shop I take my rebel to changes out the tube when I get new tires and they always put some sort of tape (not sure what it actually is) on the inside of the rim to keep the spoke heads from rubbing the tube. He showed me what my first tube looked like without the taping and it was almost worn through in a couple places.
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*

Old 03-04-2017, 10:05 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsumd View Post
I don't blame you there. I wouldn't want to wait around on dealer for a tube. The shop I take my rebel to changes out the tube when I get new tires and they always put some sort of tape (not sure what it actually is) on the inside of the rim to keep the spoke heads from rubbing the tube. He showed me what my first tube looked like without the taping and it was almost worn through in a couple places.
Yea well looks like im waiting till monday to get my tire back to continue my break in ride on the hawk but did some laps on the scoot and it died on me the vacuum line that runs from the intake to the little generic fuel valve was smashed between the bottom of the seat bucket and one of the mounting points worked fine when the ol lady rode it but when im on it im big enuff to close the air flow off and that stopped the fuel flow. It was funny the ol lady was like dont break my new scooter and i came pushing it back the look on her face priceless. But i simply routed the line where it should have been to start with and that fixed the prob right up. Heard from txps today they had me email the vin of the scoot so they could send mco i looked and couldnt find a vin for the hawk tho i found a frame id and motor id but neither of them look like vin numbers.

Old 03-05-2017, 11:17 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatGrinder View Post
Little stuff like this is not even trying to get something out of the dealer for just faster and alot less head ache to fix it and move on with life lol. Now if in less than a years time the motor drops out or transmission issues then ill deal with the dealer on that but just not worth my time to even bother and honestly that goes for all dealers on everything ive ever bought lol.
That is my complaint with both dealers and independent repair places. I swear, they are geared for off-road enthusiasts! In other words, they are meant for people who ride every few weeks or months--you drop off your quad, and they will have it fixed in 'a week or two.'

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-05-2017, 07:30 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
That is my complaint with both dealers and independent repair places. I swear, they are geared for off-road enthusiasts! In other words, they are meant for people who ride every few weeks or months--you drop off your quad, and they will have it fixed in 'a week or two.'
Yea it prob would take them even longer if i would have taken the whole bike up there but to save some time and labor fees i just took the wheel up there ill be bugging them in the morning bright and early to pick it up so i can finish my little test ride. Im hoping my paperwork comes in this week so i can get them on the road. Called my insurance company today they found the scoot with the vin no prob but i guess i have to wait for the dealer to send me the vin and mco for the hawk before i can get it insured. But 18 bucks a month for full coverage with towing and 0 deductible on the scoot with new bike replacement and i over insured the value of it alittle claimed it at a thousand and retail was 6 something.

Old 03-05-2017, 07:33 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
If your frame ID number has 17 digits with stars at both ends that is the VIN number. Its also on the box the bike came in.
Nice ill have to go out to the garage and write it down and see if thats it.

Old 03-05-2017, 08:46 PM   #85

Quote:
Nice ill have to go out to the garage and write it down and see if thats it.
Yup seems the frame id would be my vin thanks for that information!!

Old 03-06-2017, 11:02 PM   #86

Well tire fixed and back on shop said couldnt find a reason tube popped he said looked like a manufacturing defect at the base of the valve stem. Just got her put back on there have not rode yet got them both insured 44 a month full coverage. Called txps today they said my papers left end of last week should see them soon. We shall see.

Old 03-07-2017, 02:12 PM   #87

Kinda of salty today got both bill of sale and mco for the scooter but not for the hawk. I wonder why that is maybe they mailed them in different envelopes.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:44 PM   #88

Quote:
Well tire fixed and back on shop said couldnt find a reason tube popped he said looked like a manufacturing defect at the base of the valve stem.
I put Kenda Tuff Tubes in anything I replace. The majority of these stock China tubes are made by Trojan.....but condoms are thicker and tougher. Blowing a tube is not surprising.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-07-2017, 04:56 PM   #89

Quote:
Kinda of salty today got both bill of sale and mco for the scooter but not for the hawk. I wonder why that is maybe they mailed them in different envelopes.
Well the scoot is now legal just waiting for documents for the hawk.

Old 03-07-2017, 05:41 PM   #90

Quote:
I would imagine they probably did mail them separately just as a precaution.
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*