Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2017, 07:04 PM   #1

Hello and welcome!

The RX3 with fuel injection is very sensitive to valve clearance. Be sure you have that adjusted correctly.

RX3 also have sprockets that are better for high speed. For trails most riders have changed to 13t front sprocket, and some have also changed the back sprocket to 46t from stock 44. Really makes the power feel better.

I can not help you about the speedometer, I don't look at mine.

You can make the fuel gauge read better by bending the arm for the float. You will find instructions somewhere here.

Good luck, enjoy your RX3!

Old 01-03-2017, 08:46 PM   #2

nature of the beast

jay speaks truth

as i understand, dr is not efi. unless efi is programed for hot performance as in rx3 it is just dutifully following instructions from its computer brain.

not sure if led headlight is included in 17' models but has been reported extensively here that it is lacking

speedo should have been addressed with digital wire solution but don't think it was included on the rx3's as reported by csc dude blog...We’ve got new RX3s and TT250s inbound. The new 2017 TT250s will have tachs and digital speedos (and the price will stay at $2195)

vicky...we are happy to have you. we are not just a fanboy site for csc but we are their biggest fans
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Last edited by BlackBike; 01-04-2017 at 01:08 AM.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
jay speaks truth

as i understand, dr is not efi. unless efi is programed for hot performance as in rx3 it is just dutifully following instructions from its computer brain.
yes the DR we still have in the group is far ahead in low end performance, the RX3 responds after 5k RPM and ahead..

I have no clue if my Rx3 EFI is tuned or just following instructions, I did notice the Idle speed is very high .. like 2k RPM which seems not normal..

Quote:
not sure if led headlight is included in 17' models but has been reported extensively here that it is lacking

speedo should have been addressed with digital wire solution but don't think it was included on the rx3's as reported by csc dude blog...We’ve got new RX3s and TT250s inbound. The new 2017 TT250s will have tachs and digital speedos (and the price will stay at $2195)
yes will have to work around these issues..

Quote:
vicky...we are happy to have you. we are not just a fanboy site for csc but we are their biggest fans
Thankyou blackBike, will be posting adventures on cyclone soon!!

- Adventure Touring# RX3 - 2017
- Dirt Machine# FSE-450 - 2022
- Classic# Honda CD175 - 1977
- Daily Runner# 1992 - CG125 (engine swap CB250 Sleeper)
- Project#1 : 1995 - Honda C70 w/ 180cc engine swap

Old 01-04-2017, 02:25 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay In Milpitas View Post
The RX3 with fuel injection is very sensitive to valve clearance. Be sure you have that adjusted correctly.
hello Jay, thanks for replying, I have just uncrated the bike and doing its running period, will do valves clearance on 300km mark, just 50kms more .

Quote:
RX3 also have sprockets that are better for high speed. For trails most riders have changed to 13t front sprocket, and some have also changed the back sprocket to 46t from stock 44. Really makes the power feel better.
this make a lot of sense... I will be looking into this..

Quote:
I can not help you about the speedometer, I don't look at mine.

You can make the fuel gauge read better by bending the arm for the float. You will find instructions somewhere here.

Good luck, enjoy your RX3!
yes i will do some stuff I see a lot shared by spudrider... (Y)

- Adventure Touring# RX3 - 2017
- Dirt Machine# FSE-450 - 2022
- Classic# Honda CD175 - 1977
- Daily Runner# 1992 - CG125 (engine swap CB250 Sleeper)
- Project#1 : 1995 - Honda C70 w/ 180cc engine swap