Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2015, 04:37 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
I am going to guess after reading over your thread something has had a catastrophic failure. Either your clutch or gearing has completely failed. Does the engine run and idle fine in neutral?
I am beginning to think the same thing. If it were me I would remove the engine from the bike and spend a day or two carefully tearing it apart and checking out whats going on in there. Once you get in there you will most likely see the culprit immediately.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:52 PM   #17

I don't know if you have to remove the engine but start with the clutch and look for the broken part then move on to the gearbox. Like Thinker said it will probably be pretty obvious when you find it.

/

Old 04-26-2015, 06:59 PM   #18

Even with engine off in any gear there is residence but not in neutral and.slips in.fifth. I never had trouble with the.clutch prior to.this.it all start with a high pitched noise and the engine stalling

Old 04-26-2015, 07:04 PM   #19

Can a clutch just go out all of sudden I.guess is what I should have asked in the first place and what are.the signs or normal things that can happen

Old 04-26-2015, 07:07 PM   #20

Engine runs good

Old 04-26-2015, 07:36 PM   #21

Going out all the sudden is what tells me something has actually failed/broken as opposed to worn out.

/

Old 04-26-2015, 07:51 PM   #22

I will start with clutch go.from there .I got.4 years out of a
$ 1200 dollar bike mite have to up grade ..it sucks I just put new tires on it

Old 04-27-2015, 02:27 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiser23 View Post
I will start with clutch go.from there .I got.4 years out of a
$ 1200 dollar bike mite have to up grade ..it sucks I just put new tires on it
I paid $1,900 for mine after catchup registrations etc and have gotten 7 months out of it however my situation is not as bad as yours appears to be. You can check out my thread here: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14564

How I see it is I got a new Suzuki supermoto (engine is made in suzuki factory) for under $2k and knew something was going to give out, however TaoBao makes replacements ridiculously cheap. My plan is to fix my XF200 then ride the shit out of it till I save enough to get a WR250R, DRZ400, or RX-3. Then I will sell the XF200 for whatever is appropriate and put that into extras for the new bike.

I say just open up your engine, see what needs replacing, replace it, then A) ride the bike again, or B) sell it and put the money towards another bike.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:54 AM   #24

Thanks for your input will keep you.posted

Old 04-27-2015, 11:43 AM   #25

Quote:
I mean I could probably handle the clutch but to split cases I just don't have a place to do it. That why im asking if the stuff im describing could just be a clutch. And are qlink clutch assembly compatible.with other companies
The good news is that you do not have to split the case to inspect / service the clutch. Just remove the clutch cover, and take many pics.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-19-2015, 05:20 PM   #26

I had a friend over to hear the bike and he also thinks it the clutch ... amazon has dr 200 clutches for sale could anyone tell me if the dr 200 clutch fits a qlink xp200. it has the five spring setup like both the dr and xp

Old 05-19-2015, 05:50 PM   #27

Quote:
... amazon has dr 200 clutches for sale could anyone tell me if the...
The link?
U can't find the EXACT problem w/o open the case...
Find the ??? 1st
---
btw
Early batch's starter clutch (secretly recall & improved) are famous for fails...
A Brit had this http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?7142 problem after replacing it (cause: no HIGH tensile thread locker...)

Old 05-31-2015, 09:51 PM   #28

bought a clutch from ebay every thing seem to match but they had 5 steel plates instead of 6 so i used 1 old one and now the clutch wont work at all , it still goes through the gears with engine off, and starts and sounds ok but if you try to start the engine in gear with clutch on it did not work and clutch is real tight. this sucks its the best time to ride and im stuck driving my car

Old 06-01-2015, 04:46 PM   #29

when i had everything apart it looked OK the push rod bearing plate washer all looked good i measured a few clutch plates and they were acceptable according to the manual. but the manual also shows 5 clutch and 4 steel plates I took out 6 and 6 out , I cant figure out why its not doing anything but make a little noise when engaging the clutch not as much as the old but a little, guess i will take it apart and put old stuff back in and see what happens

Old 06-01-2015, 06:13 PM   #30

eureka. I looked at the Suzuki diagrammed and they had the clutch plate first i thought i put them in the way i took them out I guess I was wrong now i need a clutch cale and 2 throttle cables and im set