Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Everything Else

Old 04-15-2015, 04:20 PM   #46

Indeed, nothing back from them yet. My plan now is to ask them to talk to the seller and try and find a new replacement OE rocker cover. I dont even mind paying for it but it's not easy to chat details with your average Chinese seller using translation so The least they can do for me is do some leg work.

Putting that aside I'm currently still messing with bodywork (when I get a chance anyway) and it'll be another week at least before I'm playing with the EFI. First thing is to make/adapt a manifold. I need a 45deg downward angle on the venturi and then mount the injector nozzle in it at the correct angle.

Old 04-15-2015, 08:57 PM   #47

So this is the injection pump/filter/injector unit. A little different from Rons, my injector is mounted remotely from the pump unit, this is the scooter system. the injector nozzle has a metal sleeve that it pushes into, this sleeve needs to be mounted in the manifold.

Old 04-15-2015, 08:59 PM   #48

Got my own personalised ECU

Old 04-15-2015, 09:31 PM   #49

Very nice . Also I see ,they did a clean job on the flywheel timing tab . I spotted the remote injector right away as being something , I had not seen . I like the personal ECU.

Old 04-16-2015, 12:23 AM   #50

LOL the flywheel wasnt that tidy really, I gave it a once over and made it slightly neater but its sound and doesnt look like it'll fall off. It just happens that in the picture its not well lit and you cant see to ugly bits.

Slight problem though, the DC mag I got fits the old zong motor @90mm but the new engine has a 95mm flywheel. I'm gonna start a new thread on the DC conversion and what options are available (if I cant find one that already covers it fairly comprehensively anyway).

Old 04-16-2015, 01:45 AM   #51

The Jib200! Love it!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-02-2015, 09:25 PM   #52

Hi guys, back again. Progress has been slow and everything is happening in dribs n drabs. I start one thing then get stuck and have to address something else in order to carry on but then I go off on another tangent to work out all the other stuff I need to know to get that bit done. Its all on a shoestring which doesnt help much.

I've made the manifold now though and mounted the injector right at the top so it has line of sight and pointing straight at the inlet valve. Will need a thick gasket to try and isolate heat and vibration as much as pos I guess. The injection pump/filter/vapour separator unit is mounted beside the cylinder but forgot to take a picture.

Back in a bit with wiring escapades!!

Old 06-02-2015, 11:10 PM   #53

OK I'm just getting my head around the wiring at the moment so hopefully Ron can come along and blissfully guide me into not blowing anything up. There's not many unanswered questions as most things on this loom come with the correct gadget to plug into the ends. The ones I'm left with are for power and timing etc. I need to pull the side cover off the motor to see where each wire terminates really but the engine is sitting in the chassis at the moment and I need it there for a few more days. Don't think that cover comes off with the engine installed. I have three yellow wires and a group of three coloured wires coming out of the cases plus the block of wires for gear selection indicator. This is a DC conversion now, the DC magneto I bought is 5mm smaller than the one in the engine so will be too small to for that modded flywheel which is standard fitment on the engine. It's got a three faze 12 pole stator installed from factory so from what I understand I just need to eliminate the single coil that chucks out the AC feed to the standard AC CDI, the other 11 coils making plenty of juice for charging.

Wires:

The upgraded rec/reg I bought has 6 wires. The three yellows going to the yellows coming out the engine to be converted to 14 ish volts DC. Ok got that bit.

The rec/reg then has a green (for earth) and a red for charging power to the batt/loom. Cool......

The last wire on the rec/reg is red with white stripe. Translating the original ad with Google tells (I think) that this wire is for powering something else for extra loveliness and I think I can just tape it up but would still like to understand it's proper function none the less. They talk about highlight line' for upgraded headlights etc but I can't work out if the're saying it's instead of a relay or that you need to use a relay? Seems like the seller is quoting higher output figures for the 'highlight' line.

Here's the ad:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=17671820013

The other three coloured ones coming from the engine are green, blue (with white stripe) and black with red stripe.

I need to connect two of these to the injection system loom and those two on the efi loom are blue and green with white stripes, the black one on my other magneto comes from the single coil so logic tells me to exclude the black/red one as the AC power for old CDI. I need to check this first though. Green with white stripe on the efi loom is an accessory ground I think.

Old 06-03-2015, 03:58 AM   #54

And now digest!

Brace yourselves I'm already writing my next incredibly torturous post

Old 06-03-2015, 12:12 PM   #55

The wires for connection to the bikes own loom (power) are doing my head in a bit too so will need to contact Mr Yang again. there are four in this group, two green earths, one red with grey stripe and one black. Then in a typical fashion from a few chinese looms I've seen they supply a plug with tails for joining this power connection to the bike but the wires come out of the plug different to what they went in as. I dont know if this is in some way an effort to normalise the colour coding to be the same as western conventions????

So this power connection plug has the red/grey, black and two greens going into it from the efi loom on the other side of the this plug (bike loom side) the red/grey wire turns into a green with white stripe, the black turns into a red, one green turns into a blue with white stripe and the other green remains green!

The red/grey also goes to the MIL light. The wiring diagram shows the other side of the MIL light joining the black wire going this plug. To add further confusion the diagram shows the MIL light after the plug not before it. Looking at the diagram it looks like the (efi loom/pre plug colours) the red/grey and black wires both terminate at ignition live but it's not laid out the same as the diagram in real life. Looking down at the bottom right of the diagram is this the on/off switch I wonder?

Im just trying to work out how to get Google to translate this!

Still awake anyone?

Old 06-03-2015, 12:27 PM   #56

There's also a plug labelled tacho on the loom drawing, I need to ask if this is to connect to a tacho on the bike in which case I don't need to use this plug because I have no tacho, my data logger does all that and has a pickup on the HT lead. My understanding is that the mag pick up is where the efi gets all its timing/rpm info from. The tacho plug has blue & green with white stripe wires just the same as the mag pickup wires.

Coma commences.........

Old 06-04-2015, 12:41 AM   #57

I'm quite amazed by this process. I hope Mr. Yang is able to shortcut this process for you.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-04-2015, 01:24 AM   #58

To be fair I think I'm making it sound much more complicated than it is, partly by my own electrical ignorance

Old 06-04-2015, 06:20 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibberwobble View Post
...just trying to work out how to get Google to translate this!...
OCR it 1st. M$ Office Lens app is quite OK for chinese.

Old 06-04-2015, 02:15 PM   #60

Thank you humanbeing I will give that a try.

To summarise all of the mumbo jumbo I've posted up there I have only a few unanswered questions. The main ones being:

1. What are the two live wires for in the plug that connects the efi harness to the bike? Black and red/grey. Mr Yang has replied and said the black is ignition live and the red is live for MIL light. Above I have noted that the diagrams shows these wires are connected but this still doesnt answer why a red/grey terminates at the plug as well as the MIL light?

2. Can I disregard the plug on the efi loom for tacho? Mr Yang says (amongst other things) this may be connected to the tacho so I think yes I can disregard it.

Then there's the three wires from the mag/pickup. Need to pull the cover off to confirm which one I Dont need.

Oh and the extra wore on the reg...........

I don't mind dealing with these issues, it educates me along the way and helps me understand more. These are small things compared to some of the other hurdles this project has presented.

Think I'll go and poke Ron