Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2015, 05:56 PM   #1

Took Hawk 250 to moto-x track

Took the bike out to a nearby off-road park & motocross track to play around for a couple hours. Wasn't doing any big jumps or anything, but did try some small doubles and tabletops with no problem!

Not sure if I'd want to try anything bigger, both because of my skill level and I'm not sure if the suspension is up for it?

Also ran a few little hill climbs and other fun stuff, I'll have to get out there again soon if the weather holds out. Bike made it out mostly unscathed, scratched up the case cover a little bit and lost the rubber insert for the right footpeg when I laid the bike down in some soft silty stuff during a hill climb. It was a low speed crash, so no damage, just scuffed things up a little. Otherwise the bike ran great, actually felt pretty fast once I got comfortable riding around the track.

Old 11-07-2015, 07:17 PM   #2

Looks like fun wish I had something like that around my house. Did you change your fork oil or is it stock. Does anyone know how to figure out how much fork oil to put in conventional style forks like the hawk has. Not trying to hijack the post I just really want to change the fork oil and find someone who has or knows how.

Old 11-07-2015, 08:29 PM   #3

That looks like fun. Good for you, and your Hawk.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-08-2015, 12:17 PM   #4

Wow, I've never seen a CB do a tabletop! Any chance someone captured it with a pic?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-08-2015, 04:30 PM   #5

Lol I wish, brought my go-pro with me but forgot the microSD card in a different camera. I'm hoping if the weather is good next weekend I'll get out there again, and I've got a couple more SD cards on the way so that I don't have that mishap again.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:56 AM   #6

Went out to the track again yesterday, and did bring both the gopro and the SD card this time. Woke up with a sore back, but I still wanted to get out and do some riding, so I just took it easy. Still did some small jumps, but didn't go too crazy. Mostly just putted around the track and played around on some of the terrain. Still had fun, and it was a great day for the middle of November in CO.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:32 AM   #7

Thanks for the vid! I really enjoyed that. Is that a public park, or private land?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-16-2015, 04:11 PM   #8

X2; thanks for posting the nice video, Chris.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-19-2015, 06:40 PM   #9

Oops, thought I'd replied already. This is at a private park called RAM Off-Road, the owner has a junkyard and this park is right next to it. It's only $10 to get in. I can see myself riding here a bit this winter while the streets in the city are still icy.

Old 11-19-2015, 06:48 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichrisbot View Post
Went out to the track again yesterday, and did bring both the gopro and the SD card this time. Woke up with a sore back, but I still wanted to get out and do some riding, so I just took it easy. Still did some small jumps, but didn't go too crazy. Mostly just putted around the track and played around on some of the terrain. Still had fun, and it was a great day for the middle of November in CO.

That roads perfect for enduro drive have fun.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:00 PM   #11

Great video. Looks and sounds like your bike performed flawlessly.

/

Old 01-26-2016, 01:13 AM   #12

Weather was awesome this past weekend, went out and tried going fast around the track now that I've got a little more riding experience under my belt.

There's a few spots where I wish I had just a little more power (Check out the long straightaway around 0:30 into the video where I'm at full throttle), but otherwise I'm really enjoying the bike and feel like it's pretty capable, even if it's not the fastest or beefiest bike out there at the track. I do think I'm going to pop the new Mikuni carb in there and see if I can squeeze a bit more out of this bike.

Old 01-26-2016, 10:13 AM   #13

Thanks for the vid. I'd love to go play on a track like that for awhile.

Old 01-26-2016, 10:36 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Thanks for the vid. I'd love to go play on a track like that for awhile.
Agreed! I love natural terrain tracks like this. SO much fun! Back in the day when I raced my old Husky, the tractor and the advent of Supercross-style tracks quickly ended my fun. I swore the guy on the tractor making continuous evil whoops and triple jumps were out to kill me on purpose.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 01-26-2016, 12:24 PM   #15

Thanks for the videos, uploaded them to our Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/therps.net/timeline Now you are famous?