Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2023, 03:00 PM   #1

2022 Titan DLX vibration issue

Hello all,

New member here! I’ve been reading the prior posts for awhile now. Very helpful!

I have a current issue with my Titan 250 DLX that i thought I would see if anyone could help me out on.

The Titan in new this year and i have about 330 miles on it. Mostly back roads and some single track.

Recently it has developed a significant vibration above 4000RPM. I can feel the vibration in the foot pegs, seat and handle bar. The vibration is felt/heard without the bike in motion. Its definitely the engine and not the drive. I have been working with Zora from Powersportsmax, but have not been able to identify the problem. Thus far i have done the following:

1. Two oil changes.
2. Confirmed that the oil is not over or under filled.
3. Checked all of the mount and exhaust bolts to make sure they were tight.
4. Checked the valves and adjusted them to .03mm and .05mm (intake/exhaust). The valves were tight when i checked them.

Can anyone give me some thoughts on what i can check next?

The carb has been giving me issues since day one, and i plan on rejetting as described in one of the other posts (thank you). Any chance that a carb can have this effect with vibration?

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Old 09-03-2023, 08:23 PM   #2

I don't know offhand what engine is in the Titan DLX. Is it counterbalanced? If so, increased vibration could be the result of excessive slack in, e.g., the engine counterbalancing chain.

Old 09-04-2023, 09:40 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. It has a Zongshen 223cc, 4 stroke in it. From what I find on the internet it doesn’t appear to be counterbalanced.

It was smooth as can be for the first 300 miles. Then something changed. Very noticeable and significant vibrations. I’ll try and upload a video. You can see and hear the rear brake pedal and kickstarter vibrate when it’s reved over 4K.

Old 09-04-2023, 10:24 AM   #4

I do hope you find out what the problem is Jdmnh..
I have the same engine in my bike..

2023 Big Boy Mustang
1998 GSXR400R
1996 GSXR1100G (Sadly sold her; big mistake )
1988 KL250

Old 09-04-2023, 12:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmnh View Post
Thanks for the reply. It has a Zongshen 223cc, 4 stroke in it. From what I find on the internet it doesn’t appear to be counterbalanced.

It was smooth as can be for the first 300 miles. Then something changed. Very noticeable and significant vibrations. I’ll try and upload a video. You can see and hear the rear brake pedal and kickstarter vibrate when it’s reved over 4K.
I agree it doesn't look like a counterbalanced engine. But lots of nice components on that bike at that price point. Really.

Do you feel any change in the amount of power it develops?

Since it has low miles, it is possible that something in there has loosened up. Unlikely, but possible. Cam chain tensioner?

Clutch basket bolts? Stator bolt (less likely, I think)? Does the clutch feel any different?

If it isn't too much trouble, maybe pop the clutch cover and check those bolts. As I say, unlikely, and I am not sure it would cause a vibration.

My 249cc 172-FMM-3A developed a "rattle" with a slight "ring" that sounds a bit like could be a sprocket. It is a 5speed, no counterbalance ass'y.
I am thinking possibly the cam chain tensioner (loose cam chain rattle?).
But the bike is just as powerful as ever. I thought it was the front sprocket but the retainer offset bolts (2x 10mm into the sprocket) are nice and tight, and the rear sprocket is fine, so I am thinking cam chain tensioner. It seems coming from the cylinder/head area, not the bottom end, so I will look into that soon.