Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2011, 03:21 AM   #1

Gio Beast Limited Unboxing

The Beast arrived today while we were out of town. The boys were inside-out happy to see it and insisted on unpacking it right away! Here are some pix.

Happy to see this when we got home tonight

Everything seemed very well packed, I was very impressed with the packing, nothing seemed loose or scratched.

It comes with a manual! Wow! No assembly instructions though.

It all seemed tightly packed and at first impression seemed like it would be a ton of work. It wasn't (so far).

If only all workers were this happy to help!

Noah, one of my helpers, moved all the loose pieces into the garage and I went about putting the wheels on.

Sun had set by the time I got the wheels on and the beast rolled into the garage.

Help identify some parts A: Handle bar brackets (missing bolts) - AA: Spare handle bar brackets? - B: A gasket for...? - C: Washers for rear wheels (that's where I put them hope it is right) - D: Mystery bracket thingie, might figure it out as I go but you can help here - E: Rubber strips for...?

Missign wheel bolt. I don't get it - why not just throw in extra of all bolts and nuts and small parts? It costs almost nothing and saves some headaches.

Broken wire to the reverse light.

It is very late and I didn't get past basic assembly - will get back at it tomorrow. Some quick observations:

- Quality seems similar to the tao tao 150b (posted review on that last week or so)
- Like the look of the heavy chain and the honda style rear end
- Love the front and rear disk brakes - they work! MUCH better than the from drum brakes on the tao.
- Wheel rims seem to be same size as the tao tao, though bolts are different I think.
- My boys (3 and 5) love it!

jb