Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2020, 09:37 PM   #16

I know Orion PowerSports entire website is almost nothing aside from a sea of "Not in Stock" under near every Model. I was lucky enough to get one of the last RXB 250L Models they had on hand when i ordered ,which have since been marked "Out of Stock " as well . I was already on a "Waiting List" til August for a Brozz when i decided to go for the RXB instead ., while looking around it became clear that everything from Tao TBR7's to Brozz 250's to Apollo DB36's to Hawk 250's were basically non available from anywhere right now., everyone out of stock .

Between COVID, the Trade /Tariff spat between US / China and now Chinas record flooding , i think we may be in for a long wait indeed before things get back to "normal"., which really wasn't all that great to begin with , lol .
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-23-2020, 11:43 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl57 View Post
The whole thing just seems strange. I agree, nobody anywhere has received their bike?? Or they have and just not posted about it here or anywhere else online??

Maybe they did get converted to virus stuff production but you would think that would have been communicated to dealers to pass on to customers who have paid. We hear nothing. Instead, dealers continue to take folks money for pre-orders. Orders they seem to have no idea when or even if they can fulfill. I do not think it is legal to continue takings orders if this is the case.

I think many folks may end up getting an email saying "We're sorry but do to current events we are not going to be able to fulfill your order. Please contact us for a refund and thank you for the temporary loan."

We shall see. I do know the day after I cancel they will start shipping.
I'm going to need you to go ahead and cancel your order then please.... right away if you could.

-I'd also like to remind the group that this situation of pre-orders being taken, no communication or vague ideas of delivery, and all that... is not isolated to just one or two dealers. It's pretty much all of them. I contacted 4 other dealers around the country, in addition to the one I ordered (pre-ordered) from, and all are giving the same information, for the most part.

It really does seem like Tao motors is making other parts and items instead of pumping out bikes, but just hasn't notified the US importers and dealers/distributors. Which seems like a pretty standard shite-Chinese business practice.

Quite often in my dealings with Chinese retailers/sellers and importers... it's nothing nothing nothing, finally a vague email.. nothing nothing -tried to deliver but there was a problem and then BOOM, it shows up.

In fact, I had levers show up yesterday from China that UPS and Amazon said delivery was attempted but could not be completed... Um.. they're sitting right here.

Old 07-23-2020, 01:56 PM   #18

"In fact, I had levers show up yesterday from China that UPS and Amazon said delivery was attempted but could not be completed... Um.. they're sitting right here.'

Yep, COVID has everything messed up, not just China .I ordered parts from China the sane day i ordered some aluminum fat bars from here in the USA , I have since recieved the parts from China but the bars from here in the USA have still not appeared, despite contacting the Seller twice and then involving Ebay for help. The "transit" status has not been updated by the USPS for 3 weeks ,and that status was only put in after my initial contact of the Seller asking him for a package tracer .
So, apparently it can now take 6 weeks to mail some handlebars from the Chicago area to Florida ,and the USPS can effectively " lose" them twice in the process.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-23-2020, 02:28 PM   #19

I received a carb intake part yesterday. Ebay China order here in 10 days and by regular mail yet. I think all the dealers know something and if not they need to unite together and get answers for their growing number of angry customers whos money they have had for months. The integrity of their businesses is on the line here...now and for the future. If containers were actually arriving weekly someone would have reported getting their order by now. I think people have been very patient and cut them slack but general fluffy answers are getting old. If we are told what is actually going on speculation disappears and we can deal with things from there.

Old 07-23-2020, 07:03 PM   #20

I ordered a exhaust for my vader from china and it quickly got to the usa but then took a two week time out at some distribution center. Makes me wonder if usps quarantined it.

Also I mentioned this before but one of the smaller dealers I originally placed a order(that got canceled for no stock) with said he made a call to the tao warehouse and they told him nothing was coming until August. This was back in early may. Starting to look like he has a good source at tao for inside info.

Old 07-24-2020, 09:50 AM   #21

Being employed by a dealer, we're being rationed. For starters, there was a back up because of the first shut down. They opened the ports but closed them back again(to my understanding). In between, the warehouses had to be stocked, so not only were we waiting for the ports to open and everything checked in and out, we were waiting on shipping to the warehouse. After that, inventory must be taken and systems updated, and that can take time as well. Then you have to hope you get in early enough to even get a unit(s). Then you have to wait for shipping again.

We *wish* we had inventory right now. It can't be looking good for some dealers. We've even considered other brands we don't usually roll with because it's gotten so hard to get anything.

There is not a conspiracy by the dealers here, and that line of thinking does absolutely no one any good.

Last edited by ZiptieJonez; 07-24-2020 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Grammar, punctuation

Old 07-24-2020, 11:10 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiptieJonez View Post
Being employed by a dealer, we're being rationed. For starters, there was a back up because of the first shut down. They opened the ports but closed them back again(to my understanding). In between, the warehouses had to be stocked, so not only were we waiting for the ports to open and everything checked in and out, we were waiting on shipping to the warehouse. After that, inventory must be taken and systems updated, and that can take time as well. Then you have to hope you get in early enough to even get a unit(s). Then you have to wait for shipping again.

We *wish* we had inventory right now. It can't be looking good for some dealers. We've even considered other brands we don't usually roll with because it's gotten so hard to get anything.

There is not a conspiracy by the dealers here, and that line of thinking does absolutely no one any good.
That's what I thought. COVID-19 has messed everything up.

I'm in a unique and privilaged position, as I had ordered a Hawk and the Hellcat within a week apart (granted I saved and allocated my disposable funds for almost a year to do so), so I have my Hawk to keep me busy, plus all the fiddling my Ninja 250 needs (which is status quo with those models).

So I just sit and wait for my mini hooligan bike. The Hellcat will get here when it gets here. I understand for others that is simply not acceptable.

But times are not normal. We can either "loan" our money and wait, or we can cancel our orders and maybe sometime in 2021 or 2022 supply and inventory will be available and you can get your bike delivered within a week.

I probably could have ordered from X-Pro or some Amazon seller, but I weighed my options and chose not to pay 20% more to get it sooner. I wanted to save that $200+ and use it towards upgrades or accessories.

But to each their own.

Old 07-24-2020, 01:27 PM   #23

100% with you, to each their own. I just wanted to set the record straight. Not really trying to call anyone out or anything. It's just a frustrating time for everyone involved.

Old 07-24-2020, 03:03 PM   #24

I see Hawks are available in Texas, along with some others.

Old 07-24-2020, 03:08 PM   #25

All the many customers have been requesting from the beginning is some straight answers on what is actually going on not just 2 weeks, 2 weeks, etc. since May. As I said info helps to tamp down the speculation and will add to folks patience level. And it seems my post got a response so it did actually do some good. Thanks for the info.

On the negative side it appears I may be correct that some customers and dealers might not get their order due to the rationing situation. Let's hope that does not happen.

Last edited by dgl57; 07-24-2020 at 07:48 PM.

Old 07-25-2020, 01:54 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiptieJonez View Post

I say you're speculating based on what I've been seeing.

If the problem was a Port issue, Tao wouldn't be shipping anything. I've been seeing mostly helmets coming in weekly to different customers in the US and Canada.

Here's the master BoL for the top one listed. ONEYNB0BF8901600 If you want to track it, you can.. using the below link, but drop the 1st 4 characters... so use: NB0BF8901600

http://ecomm.one-line.com/ecom/CUP_HOM_3301.do?redir=Y

Tao vehicles have been going to Canada... Sorry but I can't give you any of the BoLs because I didn't save them, when I saw them. And because I'm using a free service, I can only see the latest BoL as they get posted. The post them in groups of 3.

I don't know what Tao USA is telling their dealers here, but someone not communicating.... either it's Tao USA to the dealers or the dealers aren't telling their customer.. I say this based on my what I've learned from watching these shipments. Also because back in mid May, I ordered a scooter. But before I ordered, I was able to speak with a guy at BV Powersports, who is the US distributor for Trailmaster.

Remember this was back in mid May. The guy from BV powersports told me they already had a schedule on when the next shipment for the specific scooter model I was looking for. Told me it the 2020 model was scheduled to be shipped in mid June. He was 100% right. I think it was the 3rd week of June, he got his shipment in.

If someone tells you products are being quarantined for Covid, that's total BS! Don't believe anything else that comes out of their mouth. Products that are shipped in don't get quarantined because of Covid. Even if they left port with covered in the Coronavirus, by the time (Average time from China to the west coast of US is 2 weeks) it got to port here, it would be dead.

I don't thing most freight containers are even opened for inspection. Based on tracking information, I'm seeing containers offloaded and going straight to rail for delivery to the end customer.

As for why Tao China isn't sending any vehicles to the USA, I have no idea. All I know is that I've seen BoLs for vehicles they've shipped.. again, they've been going to Canada. It's not many, but they are sending them. Last week I saw, I think, 2 containers marked as electric rec vehicles and 1 container marked as off road vehicles marked for Tao Canada. They also got a container of helmets too.

BTW, here's the summary on that BoL I listed above

Date
2020-07-23
Shipper Name
Zhejiang Taotao Vehicles Co., Ltd.
Shipper Address
NO 6 XINMIN RD XINBI ST JINYUN COUNTY LISHUI CHINA
Consignee Name
Teng Chang Inc.
Consignee Address
1326 W 9TH ST UPLAND CA 91786
Notify Party Name
Teng Chang Inc.
Notify Party Address
9520 7TH ST.UNIT E,RANCHO, CUCAMONGA,CA 91730
Weight
Weight Unit
KG
Weight in KG
Quantity
Quantity Unit
CTN
Measure
Measure Unit
CM
Shipment Origin
China
Details
4,827.0 kg
From port: Tokyo, Japan
To port: The Port of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
Place of Receipt
Ningbo
Foreign Port of Lading
Tokyo, Japan
U.S. Port of Unlading
The Port of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
U.S. Destination Port
The Port of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
Commodity
HELMETS SHIPPER'S LOAD COUNT & SEALED "THIS SHIPMENT DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY SOLID WOOD PACK ING MATERIAL"
Container
CAIU9038797
Marks Description
MADE IN CHINA
Carrier Name
ORIENT EXPRESS CONTAINER CO LTD
Vessel Name
NYK OCEANUS
Voyage Number
063E
Bill of Lading Number
OERT215701J05619
Master Bill of Lading Number
ONEYNB0BF8901600
Lloyd's Code
HTS Codes
HTS 6506.10

Oh.. if you want to see where the ship that's carrying this container is currently located..
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...el:NYK_OCEANUS

I can't remember if marinetraffic shows travel history of the ships for their free service, but there are some sites online that do show history.. That's the reason I know these shipments take about 2 weeks from China to the US.

Old 07-25-2020, 02:19 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
"In fact, I had levers show up yesterday from China that UPS and Amazon said delivery was attempted but could not be completed... Um.. they're sitting right here.'

Yep, COVID has everything messed up, not just China .I ordered parts from China the sane day i ordered some aluminum fat bars from here in the USA , I have since recieved the parts from China but the bars from here in the USA have still not appeared, despite contacting the Seller twice and then involving Ebay for help. The "transit" status has not been updated by the USPS for 3 weeks ,and that status was only put in after my initial contact of the Seller asking him for a package tracer .
So, apparently it can now take 6 weeks to mail some handlebars from the Chicago area to Florida ,and the USPS can effectively " lose" them twice in the process.
I think you're being tricked.

I've been ordering a bunch of stuff from Aliexpress and Ebay from Chinese sellers that say they have inventory in the US. They would charge a bit more for it, since the supposed inventory was here.

Here's what I found out. Most of these sellers don't actually have US inventory. They're still shipping from China.

Someone over there has come up with shipping service that uses USPS as the final carrier. This is how I've seen it work.

Whoever the carrier over there in China is, generates a USPS tracking number. They ship from there, then when it gets here and passes customs, they slap that USPS tracking number on it to get it to you. It's like they're remailing.. Like they ship to someone here and that person drops it off at the PO to send it to you. That's why it's taking over a month.

I've had packages appear with a Chinese logistics company label under the USPS label.

Old 07-25-2020, 09:37 AM   #28

It will be interesting to see what happens in August now that it's just a week away. That seems to be where the focus is at this moment. Thinking products would have to be sea bound over the next couple weeks to make that happen though. Also think August is when patience will run out for many people as it is the end of summer plus the virus uncertainty continues.

I noticed that partskit.com is showing some parts becoming available Sept. 2nd so maybe that is a good sign. They would know more about Tao than most. At least it shows Tao is making bike stuff.

Last edited by dgl57; 07-25-2020 at 12:20 PM.

Old 07-26-2020, 10:20 AM   #29

@crabjoe
"I think you're being tricked.

I've been ordering a bunch of stuff from Aliexpress and Ebay from Chinese sellers that say they have inventory in the US. They would charge a bit more for it, since the supposed inventory was here. "

I believe this is exactly correct, based on the reply i recieved from EBay, along with a Refund .What Ebay wrote to me as reason for the refund was that Ebay was "Unable to recieve a working /valid USPS tracking number from the Seller ", despite there being one provided by the Seller with some very old and few updates. Apparently "some" Chinese based Sellers are presenting Inventory as if it is in the US , generating USPS Shipping labels for product they dont yet have , and order it from China , when recieved they add on their pre made label and reship to Customers.

They dont have US stock and it IS still coming from China and the pregenerated label assigned to it CAN be used to falsely give the impression "Item has been Shipped" which Ebay requires but in fact it hasnt been shipped , or at least not from within the US by the USPS because the item is still physically in China when that "been shipped" status is entered by the Seller ,along with the pregenerated USPS shipping label number.

So basically it's a Ebay Chinese Seller scam ,and that is how and why it took 6 weeks to get handlebars from Chicago- because the truth was, there was never any bars in Chicago, and they never got there yet from China for whoever the Seller in Chicago is, to affix the premade USPS label on and reship.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-28-2020, 09:04 AM   #30

I'm not speculating anything. That was the initial issue. However there has been an update. From what I was told, there was such a rush to get everything rolling again, there were quite a few mix ups and no one knows where anything is. Don't ask me how or why but that's what we we're being told. Shipments have left out but never reached their destination, and some ended up in the wrong destination. You can turn this into some sort of conspiracy where we loose business if that makes you feel better about the subject but truth is it's a cluster(you know what) right now.