Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2010, 03:32 AM   #1

anthonyfa18's gy6 carb on beast 200cc and updats

yes i have put a gy6 carb on my 200cc beast and now you can say it is a real beast. at frist i was going to get a mikuni but you still have a manual chock and how the intake is made it kills performance. here are the pic

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

and yess i have automatic electric choke working and video is coming soon

ps must use a uni filter the air filter i had on was too small

Old 01-03-2010, 03:59 AM   #2

That's really tempting.

Is that a rad hose that you're using for an intake tube? What else secures the carb? What size is the GY6 carb you're using?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-03-2010, 12:22 PM   #3

Being a "vacuum carb" it is VERY forgiving, though you might benefit form fooling with jets, stock being a 103.

Some jetting info here:
http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ewtopic&t=8995

I have a pair of vacuum carbs off of a 400 Yamaha, that can be split up, and singly used, here I want to "play" with, when the snow goes.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:25 PM   #4

I am looking forward to the video! Looks cool.

Old 01-04-2010, 12:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
That's really tempting.

Is that a rad hose that you're using for an intake tube? What else secures the carb? What size is the GY6 carb you're using?
to start yes it it a rad hose, i cut the stock intake manifold and slip the rad house over it. i also made a braket the holds the carb at the same place as the throttle cable. i also had to modified the throttle cable on the carb side. the carb itself is 150cc gy6, it is stamp kf on the side and is made in japan, air/fuel side is 26mm and air filter side 43mm.

for now i just got the stock exhaust (i modified it for more flow), gio performance cdi and Iridium spark plug. it runs amazing, it has so much more power. i am still running with no filter on the carb because my new filter did not come in.

the reason you get more performance with the gy6 carb is because of the remove of the gio intake manifold. the oem intake manifold is very restricted because the air/fuel must go up and then in to the engine. with the gy6 carb it is direct so the is no restricted the air/fuel is sent straight to the motor. so this is why a 26mm gy6 carb give you more power on your 200cc

next mod will be a full line exhaust in stainless steel with a 150cc pitbike exhaust.

sorry to go a bit off topic but is the rear shock on a gio beast 11" eye to eye ?????

Old 01-04-2010, 02:04 AM   #6

Yep, 11" eye to eye.

I wonder how to calculate the CFM potential of the 26mm diameter. It would be helpful to know if the 26mm carb can properly feed a 200cc engine throughout the rpm range, assuming 85% VE. Anybody know?

I know how to calculate the CFM needs of the engine, but I'm not sure what a 26mm (or 30mm for that matter) can provide.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-04-2010, 07:48 AM   #7

Quote:

I wonder how to calculate the CFM potential of the 26mm diameter. It would be helpful to know if the 26mm carb can properly feed a 200cc engine throughout the rpm range, assuming 85% VE. Anybody know?
I will have to measure my Mikuni performance carb for the actual diameter, if it is 30mm as stated then i can't see a 26mm making more power.
Anthony have you made sure that your GY6 carb is jetted properly for your engine? If it came jetted for a 150cc then you may find you think you are getting way more power but it might just be caused by a lean condition and your engine won't tolerate that for long.

I know on my PZ30 Mikuni carb, by adding the UNI filter, CDI and the Monster Performance exhuast i've had to jet up 4 sizes on the main and i'm still waiting for the bigger pilot jets to come in as these mods have demanded the need for more fuel, yeah it made tons of power when i first put the carb on but i could hear it in the exhaust note and the engine sounds that it was way too lean.

Make sure you do a spark plug check to make sure your jetted properly, this can only be done with a wide open run and then killing the ignition, then reading the plug.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:17 PM   #8

here is the video # 1 ( drive by coming soon)

why it died i forgot to put my fuel cut on :oops:

so far i did not change any jet, and my spark plug is a light brown tan.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:24 PM   #9

That was killer! Great job on the installation, including the fuel shut-off. Where did you get that cool tach and speedo?

Old 01-04-2010, 06:07 PM   #10

Yeah forget the cool carb install that is some awesome electronic gizmo you got there!!

Nice job all around!

Old 01-04-2010, 06:57 PM   #11

Quote:
That was killer! Great job on the installation, including the fuel shut-off. Where did you get that cool tach and speedo?
it is the acewell 3100 i got mine from www.motovan.com or you can get it here

http://www.electrosport.com/products...etail-1993.php

Old 01-04-2010, 07:07 PM   #12

[/quote]

it is the acewell 3100 i got mine from www.motovan.com or you can get it here

http://www.electrosport.com/products...etail-1993.php[/quote]

That is cool.....

Old 01-04-2010, 09:25 PM   #13

you guys never seen a acewell speedometer

Old 01-04-2010, 11:05 PM   #14

Nope. Where does the tach connect? What about the speedo?

Old 01-05-2010, 06:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Nope. Where does the tach connect? What about the speedo?
this is want come in the box
http://www.electrosport.com/technica...structions.pdf
and the wiring diagram. i put my speed sensor on my rear sproket and for the rpm u hook up to the wire that goes to the coil. here are the pic

for the rpm

see the yellow wires that is from the tach and it plug to the yello/black on the bike.

for the speed sensor

sorry it is hard to see