Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2009, 11:05 PM   #76

Fuel filter would be a good one to check... Maybe it's burning a bowl of gas and then starving on the next one, could be possible! Oh, and yup, I am shutting the choke off once it's warmed up... Not a silly question, the only silly question is the unasked one I will check the flow tomorrow after work if I get the chance. Certainly seems like a fuel delivery thing. Lol, though again, for the price I'm always amazed that it even runs! Thanks for the suggestions guys, I will get it sorted out, I just don't get much time to work on it.

Regards,
Stew

Old 11-15-2009, 11:08 PM   #77

Though... Lol, wouldn't it be funny if it turned out to just be the fuel filter when I replaced the whole carb thinking the original was bad? Good thing parts are cheap for these things

Old 11-15-2009, 11:13 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider
Fuel filter would be a good one to check... Maybe it's burning a bowl of gas and then starving on the next one, could be possible! Oh, and yup, I am shutting the choke off once it's warmed up... Not a silly question, the only silly question is the unasked one I will check the flow tomorrow after work if I get the chance. Certainly seems like a fuel delivery thing. Lol, though again, for the price I'm always amazed that it even runs! Thanks for the suggestions guys, I will get it sorted out, I just don't get much time to work on it.

Regards,
Stew
On the other hand, the collapsing fuel line is a possibilty.

That was pretty good thinking although I dont know how valid it is. Does the stock carb create enough vacuum to collapse a fuel line?

Hit up the snowmobile section in Canadian Tire. Mine just got some stock in and I had my pick of 10 different fuel filters and 3 types of fuel line types not including 3/16" size.

EDIT: I got the pink fuel line thats more expensive, but stays flexible to -40.0 degrees Celsius. 5/16

Old 11-15-2009, 11:22 PM   #79

I'm not sure on the cavitated fuel line question Pete, but if you remove the air filter for viewing, you'll see how engine vacuum will open the choke as you blip the throttle, even if the choke is fully closed.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-15-2009, 11:32 PM   #80

Well I'm with you on that, but its going to work a lot harder with a filtr on it I suspect.
I understand you were illustrating a point, but a littlr humor never killed anyone and I really do ride with a filtrer on

Old 11-15-2009, 11:34 PM   #81

Damn R key is stuck on the berry.

Old 11-16-2009, 03:27 AM   #82

Geeze I spend the night playing Dragon's Age: Origins like a nerd and you guys go balls out with 3 pages of posts. That'll tech me!

My eyes are crossing now reading all the useful information.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:07 AM   #83

Lol, only reason I mentioned the fuel line was because I read somewhere else that the cheap lines were prone to kinking and collapsing. I will check the plug and the filter tonight and see how they look if I get a chance. Thanks for all the ideas guys, your top notch!