Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2009, 02:39 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
OK, we're even for the Hot Wheels thing now....I know you saw that in a pic so dont play all innocent with me
How about modelling it for us?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-27-2009, 02:41 AM   #32

Pete, all kidding aside, I forgot that you bought that NGK wire. Does it look to be the genuine article to you?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-27-2009, 02:42 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
OK, we're even for the Hot Wheels thing now....I know you saw that in a pic so dont play all innocent with me
How about modelling it for us?

Ah....rubbing the salt in are we?

Old 10-27-2009, 02:45 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
First round is on me if we ever meet, Pete.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:47 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
Quote:
We better buy a couple of those Gio ball caps to complete the image.

EDIT: TurboT, yes, I got confused, sorry about that. Some of the carriers apps "cheat" and use cell towers for location. Other ones use the real deal and search for birds.
PCD chap, if you ever get out to BC all three of us need to have some pops and a laugh.

After I thought about the cell/gps thing it made sense to me, so you can chalk Telus up as a cheater on the GPS ap. Or perhaps its Blackberry itself who's cheating with their programming.
Sounds like a plan if I can swing it one summer. Best thing is I can buy a bike, have it delivered to one of you, run it for a few days, then sell it half price. What colours you like?

W&G: Yes, it is a real NGK as far as I can tell, with Chinese labels all over it. Package looks same as C/T, wire looks identical...probably has bailing wire for a core knowing my luck.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:50 AM   #36

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
Nah, we take a cab, throw a 50 each on the table, take a cab back when its gone....but thanks!!

Old 10-27-2009, 02:54 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
Nah, we take a cab, throw a 50 each on the table, take a cab back when its gone....but thanks!!
Holy.. what color is a $50 again? It's been so long..

... that sounds like a fun night, and an awful morning, but who cares?

Old 10-27-2009, 03:01 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
Holy.. what color is a $50 again? It's been so long..

... that sounds like a fun night, and an awful morning, but who cares?
Mostly clearcoat in my wallet lol.....well, I know liquor is quicker, but I've stuck to beer for the last...oh.....30yrs or so. A Ceaser is nice now and again, but the hard stuff was becoming a little too tasty in my early 20's...the mornings, afternoons, and evenings were getting a little rough. However, I've been known to knock back a few beers here and there

Old 10-27-2009, 11:33 AM   #39

Stew, this thread started with celebrating your new Mikuni and went to who knows where. Sincere apologies for hijacking your thread like that. It seems that once we girls get chatting...

Old 10-27-2009, 11:55 AM   #40

Women :roll:

Old 10-27-2009, 12:42 PM   #41

I will offer my humble apologies for the massive jack as well, although i DID sneak in some carb info at the beginning I think.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:39 PM   #42

Lol! It's all fine guys, love the banter... To me, that is what a forum should be . And if you guys really do start clocking each other with a Hot Wheels radar gun, I want to see pics!

Regards,
Stew

Old 10-27-2009, 08:42 PM   #43

Oh! I meant to ask too, you said your current setup is one and a quarter turns on the mixture screw? Did you perhaps count how many turns it was out originally? I have only adjusted the idle so far but was wondering what the factory setting was on the Mik. Little harder to get to the mix screw on the Mik too, on the factory one I could turn it with my fingers if I contorted a bit...

Regards,
Stew

Old 10-27-2009, 09:06 PM   #44

I'm not at that point yet Stew, but TurboT was able to adjust the air / fuel screw on the stock carb with a very long flat blade screwdriver from underneath. There is clearance through the frame. I presume that the Mikuni will be similarly accessible.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:00 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider
Oh! I meant to ask too, you said your current setup is one and a quarter turns on the mixture screw? Did you perhaps count how many turns it was out originally? I have only adjusted the idle so far but was wondering what the factory setting was on the Mik. Little harder to get to the mix screw on the Mik too, on the factory one I could turn it with my fingers if I contorted a bit...

Regards,
Stew
I dont remember, BUT it came with a blue locating mark and was almost sitting flush. If you have the carb out of the bike it would be easy to turn it all the way in, then count the turns til the blue paint mark lines up again.

i could not get mine adjusted (Mikuni) with a long screwdriver from underneath. Too much frame crap in the way.

I used a 3" small slot....got it in with my left hand and held it, changed position, snuck my right hand in and adjusted it. there is a certain way to get at it and once you do it a few times its easy. remembering how is the tough part
EDIT: I think the stock carb was an air screw located at the rear of the carb where the Mikuni is a fuewl screw located at the front, maybe thats why i couldnt get at it.