Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2011, 10:40 PM   #136

I may have to install a vacuum port for later tuning/diagnostics but for now just taking it off and adding low pressure and leak detection liquid is working just fine.

I wish I had gotten the gas kit for my wire welder instead of having to use the flux-cored stuff.

It just amazed me at how much leakage there was from the tiniest hole.

I may try making another one and try to make it cleaner and lighter but it wont be easy for me.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:29 AM   #137

We went up riding 9/4/11 (beautiful day for it) and I hit the sprocket ratio perfectly since for the most part on the trails it was in 3rd but on the open sandy road it would pull 5th gear and it was hauling butt, 1st and 2nd were good for climbing the hills.

I am very pleased at how it runs.

Now for the repairs I need to make to it since it has always had a bent left spindle and after colliding with a 3 wheeler on the trail which bent the left tierod end to an unusable angle.
Tagged a small tree stump which sent me off course a little, I recovered but looked back and when I looked forward there he was and with about a second or so to react there wasnt much I could do going around 25mph.

The trail was as wide as an ATV and rutted down, lined with tree stumps and saplings, I glanced off his 3 wheeler and fell over.
YES yes I was going a bit to fast but honestly I would have been going even faster if I wasnt waiting for my wife to catch up.
My left arm is swollen up and looks like popeyes arm.

I have those parts on the parts frame so that wont cost anything but time.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:38 AM   #138

Yikes! 8O

Glad to hear that you're ok, for the most part. Hope your arm heals quickly. How's the other guy?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #139

I'll be fine, just a bit sore and stiff with mild brusing and he took a hit to his leg and was bleeding just a little but said he'll be fine.
He wasnt hurt as bad as me when I lost it on my minibike.

It could have been much worse but I cut to the right at about a half second late but misssed the head on.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:27 PM   #140

That sucks but I'm glad you and the machine are (relatively) fine. :wink:

Old 10-02-2011, 06:37 AM   #141

I love this thing.

We went riding saturday and the blastard ran great.........again.

The ATLANTA trails werent the best being snowmobile trails which were to smooth, wide and unchallenging and the ORV trail was lined with serious stumps and trees much worse than the "norm".

But we still had fun...just had to go slow and I mean slow like 5-10mph thru the tight ORV trail because of the stuff in the way.

Not much left I would want to do to it maybe some new tires and new handlebars and hook up a clutch switch so I can start it in gear with the clutch pulled in.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:24 PM   #142

That clutch switch is an excellent idea! You might already have a switch on the clutch that is unused. Maybe I'll do that.

Have you considered aluminum handlebars? I've never owned any, but I understand that they minimize vibration.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-02-2011, 04:59 PM   #143

The engine is from my dualsport so yeah it is supposed to have a clutch switch and a diode so the neutral indicator doesnt light everytime the clutch is pulled in if I remember it all right.

Aluminum handlebars will be 1st choice decided overall by price but more than that I want/need taller bars because I hunch over a bit when standing and dont like that.