Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2014, 03:37 PM   #1

2007 Speedee 150 - Rebuild and Rehab

Hello all,
As you may know I have been rebuilding a Zongshen 200GY over in the Enduro section and asking lots of questions. Being a glutton for punishment I purchased for cheaps a Speedee150 4 wheeler, exact manufacturer unknown to me.

I'll post some pics once it is up in the Imaginarium aka the shop.

It has the following identifiers I can spot:
Left engine, bottom- 1P57QMJ
Number: 70000309
Faded metal plate-
Date 2007
Speedee 150
GY6 .75L
Cylinder Head has Name RONGA imprinted on it.

So there it is, another abused and beat up machine needing some care. As with the Zong there are tubes that go nowhere, and it has a broken ignition switch, and no key, of course. And the icing was the chain fell off while we were loading it in the truck. So I have a little bit of work to do on this one now as well before we can start having fun with it.

I guess the first order of business is acquiring resources for diagrams, parts lists etc so I can get this going too. Is there a manual for this, or at least for the engine so I can get started with routine maintenance stuffs?

Thanks!
Jim

2007 Shineray Speedee 150, 1P57QMJ: Needs: starter rewired, exhaust connected, cleaned up, ignition switch simplified, new seat and lights, new front and back racks.

There's no such thing as a free puppy or motorcycle. I think I have caught the fever from y'all.

Old 08-16-2014, 04:52 PM   #2

The GY6 is a nice common engine. Parts are everywhere.

Old 08-17-2014, 12:01 PM   #3

Well thank goodness for that!! As with the Zong I really need a "what does the thing look like with all the stuffs on it?" kind of picture (the atv sitting over here I mean).

But I did find a slew of GY6 service info at this website and downloaded every document there which appears to be mostly a single manual.

Can anyone tell what the manufacturer of this 4 wheeler is? The only time I find Speedee150 and a manufacturer is Shineray. Is this it?

I'm headed up to the shop to take some preliminary pictures and start assembling an 'obviously missing thing' parts list. Talk to you soon!

Jim

2007 Shineray Speedee 150, 1P57QMJ: Needs: starter rewired, exhaust connected, cleaned up, ignition switch simplified, new seat and lights, new front and back racks.

There's no such thing as a free puppy or motorcycle. I think I have caught the fever from y'all.

Old 08-17-2014, 12:28 PM   #4

I'm not sure that a manufacturer would be a benefit to you, assuming we could even figure that out. Most of the China stuff is not specific to one brand, and we're usually able to source parts for whatever we're working on.

When you post a pic, we'll be able to zero in a bit.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-17-2014, 12:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankme View Post
I'll post some pics once it is up in the Imaginarium aka the shop.
That's awesome! Mine is the Lab.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-17-2014, 07:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankme View Post
...did find a slew of GY6 service info at this website and downloaded every document ...
http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=12526
---
I won't believe ANY thing other than factory data: http://shalaa.pixnet.net/album/set/813575
Kymco GY6D "ancestor" -Valve clearance: in/ex is 0.12mm
The water-cool "JF03E" -in/ex is 0.1mm http://www.ride-inc.net/file/32/data.pdf (they're authorized by Honda)

Old 08-18-2014, 02:59 PM   #7

Ok here it is in pictures!

This is the ATV we obtained. It was originally Blue. A headlight is missing, the tail light has been cut at the light. The starter relay sits outside the frame on top of the CVT. The Ignition switch wiring is hosed and already hacked. The wiring from the starter is bad as well. They did manage to get it started while I was standing there which is when I noticed the acorn nuts to the exhaust are missing. Oh and of course the seat is super shot. The places where you put your feet used to be webbing but are rotted out. The airbox was wedged in there turned 1/4 from the way it should have been and the carb clamp is missing. The grips need changing as well. There's some hoses that are just broke and hanging in air so I'll have to investigate that. And the Right hand Flywheel Cover is missing.

So that's the short list. The future of this ATV has racks on the front and back, front headlights, a trailer hitch, and a winch. Tah Dah. I also want to change the 40t sprocket for something bigger to make this more of a hill climber/slower ATV too. Speaking of it'll need new tires as well.

There we are. Now for some preliminary pics:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2007 shineray Speedee 150.jpg (42.8 KB, 498 views)
File Type: jpg from the rear.jpg (45.0 KB, 462 views)
File Type: jpg missing right fanwheel cover.jpg (45.7 KB, 410 views)
File Type: jpg teed hose annotated.jpg (45.1 KB, 534 views)
File Type: jpg exhaust extras.jpg (54.1 KB, 413 views)

Old 08-18-2014, 05:01 PM   #8

Yes you can ditch the emissions crap you have circled.

It is missing the cooling shrouds that wrap around the cylinder.
Take a look at this one. Shows the fan and cover for the forced air cooling.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Returned-GY6...d5450d&vxp=mtr

Lots of parts here.
They have the cooling shroud, fan, and cover that you will need.
http://www.scrappydogscooters.com/12...OKE_PARTS.html

Old 08-18-2014, 07:39 PM   #9

In picture 4 where it connects to the carb intake can I get a little vacuum plug for it and toss all the other tubes? Ok, the thing in picture 5 is to be removed.

I'll be reading over the websites this evening, thanks for the links all!

Jim

Old 08-18-2014, 10:09 PM   #10

You don't even need a fancy vacuum cap. Just cut the intake tube hose a little shorter and stuff the bolt in it. Voila.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:06 AM   #11

Need need need a wiring diagram

Ok good and easy. I'll start there.

What I really really need is a wiring diagram. I have googled and found a few GY6/1P57QMJ diagrams but do not look familiar so far. The starter wiring is wrecked and I want to move it off the handlebar anyway. Same witht he key ignition switch, it too is wrecked and already hacked down to two wires. I have a picture too.

On the ignition switch, can I connect the two remaining wires coming from the harness to an on/off switch and be done with that part? They are red and black. Picture below

I'll take a better picture of the left handlebar controls area because there are a bunch of things over there I don't think are on this atv anymore.

Thanks!
Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hacked ignition wires at plug.jpg (29.8 KB, 429 views)

Old 08-19-2014, 05:55 AM   #12

If it's in std Honda color
red = battery + to lock (ign s/w)
black = + after lock (ign s/w)
---
Quite easy to follow if divide to different function:

Last edited by humanbeing; 08-19-2014 at 10:46 AM.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:35 AM   #13

Perhaps HB could just point to a Taobao wiring harness for you. It would be much easier to start with good wire.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:16 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Perhaps HB could just point to a Taobao wiring harness for you. It would be much easier to start with good wire.
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=39016239977
Main 主 wire 线 is enough if NO horn / light

Old 08-19-2014, 01:36 PM   #15

Added to the list

Thanks! That's not a bad idea for less than $10. Ok, wiring harness added to big list. I do like the diagram too though, even though I can only read the pictures I can see how it is supposed to be wired so I can get it going now.

While I'm looking at all the electrics would it be beneficial to go ahead and get an upgraded Carb (lose the auto choke, get manual choke), CDI, Coil, Spark Plug, Sprockets (larger than a 40t), exhaust etc? I'm not sure I am ready to mess with boring the cylinder head or changing the weights in the CVT to get more performance, just bolt on stuff for now.

Thanks!!!!
Jim