Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2011, 10:25 PM   #16

The screwdriver handle points to the welded part of the main shaft.

the Damage

The Yamoto 150

Old 12-25-2011, 10:31 PM   #17

My Main Ride...1991 Honda 250x.....Just put new rear carrier and bearings just after that ride...

My son just before the bearings went out....i wonder why???..

Old 12-25-2011, 10:53 PM   #18

Yes the shaft goes through the gear box and rides in the carrier bearing on the frame. I've seen the style on yours when I was searching for a replacement for mine but a lot of my parts bookmarks don't work anymore. So many places have gone out of business in the past few years.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:26 AM   #19

You don't need reverse. Turn and apply throttle.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:31 PM   #20

I hear u Katoranger....make the mud fly...lol....the kids had a kasea skyhawk 50 that didnt have reverse...so they should be use to it...Im just hoping this thing will stay together after i get it put back together..

Old 12-31-2011, 11:18 PM   #21

Ok Update....well got sealed bearing and it fits... the gearbox installed with an extra brace ..idea came from the Henisun..150....but mine comes off the top of the gearbox..then to the lower motor mount.....then cause it has set for 2 years....i had to take off the carb.....broke a little plastic taking the front end off....but the carb was nasty....all clean...and back on ...now it starts on the first fire...attending to the plastic now with some JB Weld...see if that works......As for the gearbox....not under a load it seems to run pretty smooth now....for how long thats the real question...

The case that i fixed with wood screws...notice sealed bearing.

Full of grease.

Installed with extra brace.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:02 AM   #22

Good stuff, that's chinarider ingenuity right there! Got my fingers crossed she holds for you

Old 01-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #23

If the gearbox doesn't hold, I bet that this would fit: Output Sprocket GY6 150cc Moped ATV Quad Go Kart

You could always extend the sprocket shaft as necessary to line up with the rear axle sprocket. No more gears, housing or bearings. That's how my daughter's quad is set up, but hers has reverse in the rear axle.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-02-2012, 11:52 AM   #24

Thats a thought Weld....Yee Haa we have out first snow today....I can still see the grass so not much so far....The JB Weld is dry on the plastic fender and tank cover...so I can see this thing being back together today.....I did find something else....the rear left wheel hub seems loose....I need to check that out....the bike started this morning which is a good thing...being pretty cool in the garage... Hey Weld... do you have any pics from the rear axle back to the front sprocket....just from thinking I would think that the shock might be in the way....and maybe the swing arm..

Old 01-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #25

My shop is a disaster right now, but I'll be happy to take some pics once I straighten things out. You shouldn't have any interference if the new sprocket lines up like the old one. It'll take some creative spacing.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #26

do they use the same engine thats in a yamoto 150 in any other atvs

Old 01-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #27

From the research that I have done, the 150 motor is the same as much that you will see out there....engine parts are not hard to find. I had a problem finding a gearbox for my 150 ....IN STOCK.....mine is a 2005 model. I would suggest that you would put locktite on all of the bolts that you find esp the ones that connect the gearbox and engine....check all axle bolts and hubs. Loose bolts is the reason why my gearbox broke to begin with. Its been a good wheeler til the gearbox broke. I have been under the weather last week and didnt get to work on the 150 much....but Ill have it going this weekend..and give you all a report how the gearbox repair held up.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #28

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of strippng it down and giving it all a once over with all bolts anyway but i think i will change them all now. Also ive notice that the engine is a nexmotor is this the original engine or has someone replaced it with a new one as all the pitures i have seen they have yamoto engines in them

Old 01-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #29

Hey Guys I took the yamoto out for a spin....a quick spin....I had a flat front tire....lol...but anyways i took it off my hill and back up....seemed fine...but i had to go to town and pick my boy from basketball practice...so didnt have time to fix the tire.....hopefully we might have a snow day tomorrow...then Ill have time to address the tire and let my son beat on it...I got some tires for the 250x and the DR650 today...getting ready for the upcoming riding season.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #30

Alrighty Now...Fixed the flat and took the Yamoto out for a ride...had a sticky throttle...took it back to the garage...while adjusting and lubing everything about it.....almost ran into my large toolbox....had a time finding the shut off switch...lol....after got the throttle all fixed I rode it for about an hour....now im 6'1"...280...so this thing pulled me around fine I think this is going to work...Hopefully....Later..