Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2013, 10:42 PM   #106

250 atv

look for your TAOTAO DEALER your atv is the same as the 250 cc atv that they sell.... and for manuals.. buy your self a HONDA REPAIR MANUAL.... Same motor... if you are having coolant coming out of your exhaust.... you have a head gasket problem.. your engine fan comes on when a cooling sensors makes the ground connect when the water gets too hot... check your fan for 12volt power and the other wire is the ground connection... there will be a sensor with 1 wire on it... I really would not play with a rad cap .. you could also check you rad for it being plugged.. or dirty... but do the cheap easy stuff first... check for fan operation... and check the bottom rad hose for temperature of it.... a hand held heat gun is a great tool... I harbor freight sells them cheap... there should be some big diff in the coolant temp from the top rad hose to the bottom if the fan & rad core are good... if you are putting in 180 oF water and getting 160oF going back into the motor... that is not cooling enough.. if you go to the TAOTAO site... they have some info in their LIBRARY carb info & etc.. and yes always use a 15/40 diesel oil... it has more lead in it.. no car crap... also use antifreeze as it disipants heat better than water.. your pipe turning red hot( if you think it is excessive .. ) is from too much fuel... this can cause the piston to melt if there is not enough cooling around it.. google for a 250 cc atv manual.. I can nto find where I have them in my computer for now.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:19 AM   #107

thank you!!! so far i have not seen anyone else with a 200cc water cooled engine?