Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2024, 09:22 AM   #31

Its out for delivery today! Will let you know when the Red one gets here in Lake City, FL. You have done a great job on your review and it is very much appreciated

Old 04-04-2024, 04:32 PM   #32

My goodness, it’s beyond my expectations! The bike showed up with not a dent or scratch, or the box. Xpro and R+L shipping did a great job of getting it here! I’m impressed big time…now I have to do assembly with knowledge by reading your reviews…thanks

Old 04-04-2024, 07:20 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Fun View Post
My goodness, it’s beyond my expectations! The bike showed up with not a dent or scratch, or the box. Xpro and R+L shipping did a great job of getting it here! I’m impressed big time…now I have to do assembly with knowledge by reading your reviews…thanks
They've definitely gotten better at shipment, packaging the bike carefully and thoughtfully to prevent claims from the customer.. a few wire ties, zip ties and proper wrapping goes a long way...

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 04-09-2024, 08:04 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Fun View Post
How are you liking the bike?

Old 04-09-2024, 02:03 PM   #35

I’m not home and only got the front wheel, fender and handlebar on, oh and rear shock before I left. Have the rest to do when I get back home maybe tomorrow. But from what I’ve seen of it so far looks great! I did notice when putting on the handle bar fully forward position that the ignition wires looked cramped below the switch and steering neck bolt. Looking forward to getting it done here in the next few days.

Old 04-09-2024, 03:05 PM   #36

Yea a few well placed zip ties help out

Old 04-09-2024, 05:21 PM   #37

Update: the bike was having a rich bog on full throttle so I made the following changes which resolved the issue.. main from 115 to 110 and removed the 2nd shim from the needle.
Also I'm finding that 1st gear is so low and 4th has plenty of snap so I ordered a 17T, hopefully it fits. Will update once confirmed and tested.. with the 16T I can hit 56mph on the speedo and i weigh 180lbs for reference.

Old 04-10-2024, 08:41 AM   #38

I am hard debating between the 150 Storm and just going out and buying a Honda XR150L. The problem is, the Honda weighs 100lbs more, but has a proven track record for reliability. We aren’t sure about the Storm yet, but based on the other Zuma products, it’s not a gamble as they have produced great machines for the $. I wish the Japanese manufacturers made a micro dual sport like this, but everything they have weighs at least 225-250lbs. I want something as light as possible for the trails yet street legal because I have arthritis and don’t want to pick up a 280lb bike if I drop it.

Old 04-10-2024, 09:07 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusman View Post
I am hard debating between the 150 Storm and just going out and buying a Honda XR150L. The problem is, the Honda weighs 100lbs more, but has a proven track record for reliability. We aren’t sure about the Storm yet, but based on the other Zuma products, it’s not a gamble as they have produced great machines for the $. I wish the Japanese manufacturers made a micro dual sport like this, but everything they have weighs at least 225-250lbs. I want something as light as possible for the trails yet street legal because I have arthritis and don’t want to pick up a 280lb bike if I drop it.
Honda: $3700 OTD. 150 Storm: $1260 delivered.

What is your intended use, and how long do you need it to be good? Only motorcycle or just a backup/alternative ride? Comfortable with doing your own wrenching or dependent on the dealer for service?

Treat the Storm right, especially oil changes. Fire it up and idle it for a few minutes, then drop the shipping oil and put in good stuff. Do that again 50 miles later. Then regular oil changes, say every 1000 miles.

Upgrade any parts you don't like such as levers, headlight, sprockets and chain, etc. I see no downside to the Storm, esp. for the price.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 04-10-2024, 09:35 AM   #40

I am no stranger to ChinaBikes. I have a Hawk250 with over 15,000 miles on it that I just installed a Zongshen ZS175fmm 6 speed (PR300) in. I also have 3 other Chinese dirt machines and am *very* comfortable wrenching on bikes as I’ve done so for my entire life (I’m 49 now). I have psoriatic arthritis, so picking up anything over 250lbs is a chore and causes my hands to hurt for days after the ride, and so I just want a light, micro dual sport for getting to the trails and then doing some fun, light to moderate trail riding on the weekends (no jumping…I’m too old! lol). I know that the YX150 engine is reliable on the Storm, but I’ve always loved Hondas. However, I don’t want payments, so it’ll probably be the Storm. I’ve ridden my daughter’s 125cc Coolster pitbike for about 5 years now and it’s been bulletproof reliable with regular maintenance, and the light weight of a pit bike is easy on the arthritis in my hands, thus, the consideration for a streetable pit-bike. I hope all of that makes sense. :-)

Old 04-10-2024, 09:45 AM   #41

1. I was just checking on availability, and it looks like no one has them right now. Not Amazon or xprousa.com. Hope you can find one somewhere.

2. I'm turning 74 and have zero arthritis. Arthritis is basically a result of inflammation, which is caused by what we eat. Many foods in the normal American diet cause inflammation. Do a search on "natural remedies for arthritis". Some supplements are very helpful too. And investing some money into a consultation with a good nutritionist would be a very good idea.
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.

Old 04-10-2024, 09:50 AM   #42

Thanks. Re: arthritis, been there and done all of that. Psoriatic arthritis is *not* osteoarthritis. Psoriatic arthritis is an autoimmune disease, like Rheumatoid arthritis or Lupus. Autoimmune diseases are ultimately caused by bad genetics and can be triggered by extreme stress. I was badly abused for over a decade as a child, and my symptoms started when I was 14. My sister has the same disease, and my mother also has psoriasis (an autoimmune skin disease).

Old 04-10-2024, 10:38 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusman View Post
Thanks. Re: arthritis, been there and done all of that. Psoriatic arthritis is *not* osteoarthritis. psoriatic arthritis is an autoimmune disease, like Rheumatoid arthritis or Lupus. Autoimmune diseases are ultimately caused by bad genetics and can be triggered by extreme stress. I was badly abused for over a decade as a child, and my symptoms started when I was 14. My sister has the same disease, and my mother also has psoriasis (an autoimmune skin disease).
OK, but even so, diet can affect whether a latent genetic problem expresses itself or not. That could be true for all three of you if you have similar diets, which exacerbate the problem.

https://www.healthline.com/health/ps...tments-for-psa

Old 04-10-2024, 10:48 AM   #44

There’s no question that a proper diet helps. No doubt there. I’ve eaten a Mediterranean diet since I was 15 to help decrease inflammation. My diet has been very clean since then and I’ve still developed 2 other autoimmune diseases in spite of this. The combination of genetics + the stress of being abused for over a decade most likely triggered the disease(s).

Old 04-10-2024, 10:55 AM   #45

OK. Did you click on the link in #43? Turmeric is great for inflammation, and so are some other supplements. Not the spice in the grocery store, that is too weak. An actual supplement from a health food store.