Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2022, 06:00 PM   #46

Looking inside the intake port it did seem a but rough. Other than that there's maybe a black spot which is rubber from the manifold I believe

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 12-11-2022, 12:47 PM   #47

Very interesting.. cold start this morning and with idle held up a but she did not stutter and I was able to lower idle back quickly without any stalls.. Will keep an eye on things

Old 12-11-2022, 12:51 PM   #48

I should have kept my order for the goddang templar X. my indecisiveness has always been a major issue in life. eh well, maybe they will sell out of the Xpect and be forced to give me a Templar instead?> hehehe

Old 12-12-2022, 06:20 PM   #49

3 cold starts so far and looks like the issue is resolved. I have to ignore the 1st trial as i found out later that my choke cable got stuck on the lever edge and was engaged, no wonder it ran like crap that morning lol

Old 12-28-2022, 06:56 PM   #50

PowerMax nonresponsive to my inquiry.

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum thing. I'm also new to china bikes. I was planning to purchase (via layaway), a Templar X 250. I'm 6' and weigh 304 lbs, so I figure this is my only option for a cheap but strong, street legal (in Ohio, I hope), enduro. I've left 2 voicemails and emailed them twice. I just wanted a couple of questions answered, before I buy. And, I'd rather purchase over the phone with a person, if possible. It's been 2 weeks and no joy. Anyone have an idea on how to get ahold of these people? Thank you, in advance.

Old 12-29-2022, 12:40 AM   #51

Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twowheeler View Post
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum thing. I'm also new to china bikes. I was planning to purchase (via layaway), a Templar X 250. I'm 6' and weigh 304 lbs, so I figure this is my only option for a cheap but strong, street legal (in Ohio, I hope), enduro. I've left 2 voicemails and emailed them twice. I just wanted a couple of questions answered, before I buy. And, I'd rather purchase over the phone with a person, if possible. It's been 2 weeks and no joy. Anyone have an idea on how to get ahold of these people? Thank you, in advance.
are you saying that you've called the main phone # and they aren't responding? that is very unsettling to me because they have several hundred dollars of mine at the moment.

Old 12-29-2022, 04:59 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Pete View Post
Good to know on the reserve (or lack there of). It looks like carrying a small canister of fuel will be the real reserve for these bikes.
I think you discovered this by now, but Templar petcock has a reserve position. Technically it is taking fuel from left lobe, or right lobe of the tank. R is either straight up or straight down. O is horizontal (closed). You can switch to the other R when it runs out to use the reserve (other side of the tank). I get more than 5 miles. More like 15 miles

Old 12-29-2022, 05:05 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc3 View Post
Thats crazy!
I found mine had no gasket either. I used red RTV, 600 degree high temp gasket maker. A narrow bead was enough, it mounts flat and a bit squoze out, cleaned up easy before it dried.

It's back together. But still no large idle screw. Ali shipping means 4 weeks!

By the way, the carb is much easier to install with the rear shock off ! No need for a heat gun or hair dryer

Old 12-29-2022, 10:40 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifanatic View Post
are you saying that you've called the main phone # and they aren't responding? that is very unsettling to me because they have several hundred dollars of mine at the moment.
Yes. I would like to speak to a human, if possible.

Old 12-29-2022, 12:28 PM   #55

Quote:
not sure if you considered this but they are on the west coast. perhaps you are having issues with contacting them due to the time difference?

Old 12-29-2022, 12:31 PM   #56

Quote:
I just called this number 855-256-8969.

A human answered after the automated system told me to hang on a minute. I told the guy about you and that I would give you this number. Hope it helps.

Old 01-08-2023, 02:04 PM   #57

Hello and here is an update. The number, is the one in their ad. They finally answered the phone, this week and I now have my bike in layaway. I should be able to pay it off have it, by the 1st week of March. I'm excited! Thank you for your help, i appreciate it!

Old 01-08-2023, 09:07 PM   #58

Quote:
Hello and here is an update. The number, is the one in their ad. They finally answered the phone, this week and I now have my bike in layaway. I should be able to pay it off have it, by the 1st week of March. I'm excited! Thank you for your help, i appreciate it!
Nice! What model/color did you lay away?

Old 01-09-2023, 07:56 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Nice! What model/color did you lay away?
Templar X 250, Black. I'm kinda wondering though, if I should have gotten the orange 5 spd Templar. As long as it can hold my weight and not bog down. I wonder if I could change my order. I also may have them assemble it, for me. I'm still going to tweak some things, as I have gotten ideas from reading these posts, but it would make it easier on me. What do y'all think?

Old 01-10-2023, 07:34 AM   #60

With regard to the buzzing of the counterbalancer i haven't noticed that on my TempX. And the X will have no problem hauling you around, especially in stock form with the 49T rear sprocket.. if you are severely overweight than stick with stock gearing otherwise, re-gearing may see you bogging down in 6th gear