Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Free Classifieds > Complete Machines
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2023, 09:36 AM   #1

2 strokes on used market

Heads-up

A flurry of used 2 strokes appeared on Craigslist (Kansas City). A 2001 KTM 200 listed at $2350, looks to be in good shape but no title. An older well preserved Kawasaki 350 Bighorn dual sport in excellent condition is listed at $3450 and it has a clean title selling from the original owner! This one is street legal!

On the more expensive side, a Beta 300R is listed at $5300. I suspect that will get reduced.

4 stroke options too. There is a DRZ 400 in great shape but no title, listed at $2300 !

There are another handful of big bore dual sport 4 strokes as well. It is a little too hot to ride (for me). But there will be excellent cooler Fall riding conditions coming up!

Old 08-11-2023, 03:37 PM   #2

You will be pleased to know my next bike will be a Templar X. I am sold on them. Probably won't happen for at least 2+ years, but it is on my radar!! Gotta get the wife an ATV, first.

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old 08-11-2023, 03:43 PM   #3

By then perhaps you'll be buying a Templar Y with a 300+ cc engine and 30hp and other improved bits

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 08-11-2023, 03:54 PM   #4

Being from Gen X, I hope to stick with the X, but that Y sounds mighty fine!

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old 08-12-2023, 12:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdano711 View Post
You will be pleased to know my next bike will be a Templar X. I am sold on them. Probably won't happen for at least 2+ years, but it is on my radar!! Gotta get the wife an ATV, first.
You are having a great time with the Hawk, and when the time comes, maybe you will want a Templar X. Maybe you would like an Apollo RX 250, or a Lifan KPX 250, or maybe a trailmaster TM38 (300cc liquid cooled!). That TM38 is something to consider. A little more money, but 30hp and a radiator!

The Bighorn makes 30hp with no valves!! I like 2 strokes

I wish we could get people to post good high resolution photos of other bikes, close up, in good lighting. All we see is low resolution pics of the entire bike. You just can't see the details we need to see to make a decision. Yes, I have posted lots of HR photos, including parts removed from the bike, and close up pics of the frame and swingarm with parts removed to expose the build quality.

Maybe if you get to actually see good pics of other bikes, you will decide differently! I will be happy only if you end up with what you want!

Last edited by Thumper; 08-12-2023 at 03:28 PM.