Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2024, 11:30 PM   #1

Back on a china bike again...again...again

*edit* I just now realized I had posted when I first got the Hawk! I completly forgot but my life has been pretty chaotic the last year, so please forgive me. Anyways, here is a year of riding review for the hawk:

Hey there fellow China Riders! It's been a couple years at this point since I last posted. The last China bike I had was a vader 125. I had that bike for a little over five years before finally selling it. I put about 2k miles on it but it had many hours on it from trail riding. It was a great little bike and it never let me down after a few initial hiccups.

Last year at about this time I bought a slightly used Hawk 250 from a buddy of mine. He got it and within three days decided he didn't like it. I got a pretty good deal on it and he had already done most of the major upgrades. Once I got the bike I went back over all the bolts etc etc.

I've got almost 1500 miles on it at this point (not sure what the margin of error is on these) and haven't had any issues so far at all. I left the stock gearing in for about 8 months before I finally decided I needed more top speed. I can cruise steady at about 55mph now and can get up to 60 easily. I don't like to run it at that speed long however.

I also added some bark busters to it and put in an led headlight bulb. Oh, and some saddlebags.

It is easily the best china bike I have ever ridden. I've owned probably 6 at this point and it is far and away the best of them all. The Vader comes very close but didn't feel quite as solid.

Anyways, I hope to be posting some ride reports as the weather starts to warm up. Safe riding, everyone!

2022 Hawk 250
Vader 125cc *sold after owning for many years*
1966 Benelli Fireball
1997 Jeep Wrangler *sold due to frame rot*

Last edited by jsumd; 02-28-2024 at 12:27 AM.