Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2020, 11:32 AM   #1

Customizing the TT250 for Offroad Performance

Hi all,

I am new to posting on the forum, but have been reading and researching here for some time now. In fact, ChinaRiders is the reason I have a CSC TT250 in transit to me at this very moment.

I am an off road enthusiast. I wheel my Jeep often on the weekends but I felt it was time to add another off road sport to my repertoire. Something that can get me into the small places that my truck cannot. After reading extensively here I pulled the trigger on the TT250 to fit that bill.

In my time lurking here I noticed that a lot of the upgrades for the various CBs, including the TT250 focus on making the bike more street capable - not more trail capable. Here and there, I was able to find tidbits about adjusting the suspension or replacing the tires for trail performance but there does not seem to be a recent, comprehensive post about taking the TT250 to the next level for trails. Living in the Flathead Valley in Montana it is very valuable to have a street legal option to get to the trails without trailering and to expand my options as far as legally ride-able terrain, even if that means giving up some trail performance. That said, how can you upgrade the TT250 to maximize its trail performance?

Disclaimer: I am a new rider - for me and any of the other newbies starting out that may read this it would be helpful if you assumed I haven't thought of the things that might seem obvious to you.

TL/DR:
What upgrades would you experienced riders and tinkerers make to the TT250 to turn it into an ~80-90% trail riding machine? Assume this bike will only touch a paved road for the smallest amount of time required to find dirt. Some things like tires and suspension adjustments may be obvious, but in those cases what changes do you specifically recommend? Others may be less obvious (to me at least) like replacing the foot pegs (I believe I read somewhere that new pegs would be useful for a trail rider that stands more because the standard ones are small) and I would love to hear those too.

Thanks in advance!

Tags
dirt, offroad, trail, tt250, tt250 help