Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2014, 11:32 PM   #1

Haven't a clue

well, here it goes...i just bought a 2006 roketa this weekend and have little knowledge of chinese bikes. the bike only has 4023km on the odometer, starts right up, drives through all gears and stops correctly, minus the speedo cable buzzing . got it on the lift and cleaned carb jets, removed rear shock because the line to the can was split and noticed the brake disk was shaped like a contact lens. is this normal? i wouldnt think so.anybody know where to get a new one? it has six bolts attaching it to the wheel hub and seems pretty thin. any info about this bike would be appreciated and have had no luck finding this particular piece. anything interchangeable between this one and any others? i want to know all i can about this bike, thanks in advance for your help
Name:  roketa1.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  75.4 KB

Name:  roketa2.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  69.7 KB

Name:  roketa3.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  26.8 KB

Old 10-14-2014, 11:47 PM   #2

Start by searching eBay with generic terms, like "dirt bike disc" or "dirt bike rotor". Remember that the people who write the descriptions likely have little knowledge of the product, so the descriptions won't be typical.

No, it's not normal to have a concave rotor. I'm very curious to see it.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-15-2014, 01:38 AM   #3

Welcome; we are glad you joined us.

It seems you own a Roketa DB-05H.

http://roketa.com/product/product_de...=0&proID=54043

I can't find any information regarding the rear brake rotor, but I suggest you contact the people at Roketa.com, and ask them.

http://roketa.com/information/6.shtml

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-15-2014, 01:52 AM   #4

thanks for the responses! after surfin the web the past couple hours that is what i have concluded,DB-05h. roketapartsonline had a breakdown of assemblies of a DB_06 which is almost exact, the plastics and headlight differ but the frame, engine, and swing arm assy are a match so i ordered a new brake disc for a staggering 90 bucks shipped! almost a third of what i paid for the bike! but whats a little safety worth right? dont know the bolt pattern but checked ebay relentlessly for one to no avail so i figured id try this sketchy lookin site for the heck of it, maybe ill be pleasantly surprised! thanks guys, ill be hangin around here for more advice! Happy motoring!

Old 10-15-2014, 06:18 AM   #5

Measurement(s) & pic(s) are more important than brand/ model.
Generic 22cm REAR

---
Others: http://shop58266407.taobao.com/searc...urceId=tb.item

Old 10-15-2014, 11:35 AM   #6

that one is close but mine has 6 bolts that attach it to the rim. if i receive the one i ordered, i should be in good shape, if not ill fabricate one of my own. thanks again for your help guys! i appreciate it!

Old 10-19-2014, 10:36 PM   #7

finally got a couple pics. i think this may have been caused by excessive braking for too long a duration resulting in the disc getting hot enough to change shape. cant see it taking much more than that as it is only 3mm thick...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rear brake disc1.jpg (27.5 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg rear brake disc3.jpg (12.3 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg rear brake disc4.jpg (12.0 KB, 133 views)

Old 10-20-2014, 12:34 AM   #8

I bet the caliper was sticking due to too much brake fluid. It was severely overheated.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-20-2014, 01:55 PM   #9

didnt feel like it was sticking, the brake pads werent even touching the disc at standstill without brake pressure applied, there was at least a 2mm gap on both sides of the disc, the back wheel spun freely with no resistance except chain tension (which was overly slack btw)

Old 10-20-2014, 03:19 PM   #10

I meant at some point in the past. Whomever had the bike before you might then have removed some of the fluid, but the damage was already done.

Old 10-23-2014, 12:12 PM   #11

well just an update on the "sketchy looking" site i ordered from, roketapartsdept.com. well the products are way over-priced but the brake disc i ordered couldnt be found(by myself, anyway) anywhere else so i paid 89 and some change including shipping. took 2 days to debit my accout and another 5 to recieve. the part is correct and its here undamaged so im happy. some people may be put off for the length but i was overall pleased, except for the price. but i may order from them again to have the "original to the bike"
parts

Old 10-23-2014, 12:27 PM   #12

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you found a suitable brake rotor.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-23-2014, 11:58 PM   #13

Good plan. You'll have reliable brakes.