Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2016, 08:31 PM   #16

I saw the .33 second point but did not show much other than the fact that it is going on the underside. Also wanted a look at the giant potbelly cat to see if they had cleaned it up any. I'm with Rt, this is the only let down as far as I can tell now. But if they give me the prototype i will be happy to take off a month or so and test to rtkiing's house and back to see if it works.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 11-27-2016, 06:09 PM   #17

ccm 450gp

this $12k, not for sale in the usa, bmw based 450 engine , has a nice example of what could be done with the rx4 exhaust.

450cc in rx3 clothes:
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 12-02-2016, 09:55 PM   #18

Dakar Dragon Riders

Looks like five riders will be on Zongshen!
http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2017/us/r...ist-bikes.html

Old 12-03-2016, 11:01 AM   #19

My dream bike... and it's a Zong built for the Dakar!

130kg, 450cc liquid cooled fuel injected engine, 8 gallon gas tank... in a dual sport package

Now if they can slap some lights, a horn, etc. to make it street legal in 'Merica, and I will buy at least 2 of them

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 12-03-2016, 12:26 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
My dream bike... and it's a Zong built for the Dakar!

130kg, 450cc liquid cooled fuel injected engine, 8 gallon gas tank... in a dual sport package

Now if they can slap some lights, a horn, etc. to make it street legal in 'Merica, and I will buy at least 2
I haven't seen those specs on the race bike. Would be nice for the retail market but would be an expensive risk for North merica market. I would love to see it. I think the rx4 will be an adequate substitute. I know you are aware that all that race tech comes at a steep price, but I like your thinking. if they can carve out a desired niche in the market it might work.

Will have to go to the ol truck stop to view this one on the free wifi. ( keep laughing, I don't have the cheap city internet, it's the price I pay for living "out here" )

I am excited that the Zong quality is finally evolving to the higher hp realm

Old 12-03-2016, 02:00 PM   #21

Almost there, has headlight and brake tail. Just needs "winkers"

Old 12-06-2016, 06:18 PM   #22

I noticed the prominent display of the new Zongshen "Dragon" logo.

jb

Old 12-06-2016, 09:50 PM   #23

Another good video of the bike. Custom frame, lots of carbon fiber.
Add blinkers, horn, sub-frame to hold some saddlebags, a comfy seat and you've got a pretty sweet little adv bike.

Old 12-06-2016, 09:52 PM   #24

jbfla...watched once, forgot, where these gentlemen speaking french?

i guess they are going to drop any mention of zonshein, and go with just cyclone from now on, such as Cyclone model rx3, Cyclone model rx4, etc etc.

so unless trump ruins the trade with china, my bike will be known as a Cyclone Motorcycle Company Model RX4, then rebadged as a CSC RX4... AHHHHHHH, WHAT EVER, TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

Old 12-07-2016, 01:17 PM   #25

It seems to me, that they would want name recognition worldwide and continuity of name/brand. I don't think that it should be rebranded or rebadged in every country it is sold in. But that is just me

Old 12-07-2016, 04:53 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureDad View Post
It seems to me, that they would want name recognition worldwide and continuity of name/brand. I don't think that it should be rebranded or rebadged in every country it is sold in. But that is just me
AD, I agree. It seems that if Zongshen wants to compete in the world market, and differentiate themselves from the dozens of other Chinese motorcycle manufacturers, they would promote their name on all their products.....like the other companies do.....

According to an article in China Motorcycle News, Zongshen has adopted the name Cyclone and the dragon logo as their worldwide motorcycle name...

The dragon logo is not bad, but few people will know what company it represents; same for the Cyclone name.

I still prefer the old Zongshen logo:

jb

Old 12-07-2016, 07:27 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfla View Post

According to an article in China Motorcycle News, Zongshen has adopted the name Cyclone and the dragon logo as their worldwide motorcycle name...

The dragon logo is not bad, but few people will know what company it represents; same for the Cyclone name.

jb
Once upon a time nobody knew what the profile wing (Honda) stood for. Same with that prancing horse car emblem.
All in good time.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:51 AM   #28

I can kind of understand not wanting to flash the Zongshen name up front and going with "Cyclone" or something more generic. The biggest stumbling block of success Zong faces isn't quality, price or global market saturation, it's the paranoia of the American buyer that it's "Chinese".

All of us face that comment every time we take a bike out and it's been that way the entire decade I've owned CB's. What IS selling the bikes is us taking them out and getting exposure. We've all heard, "Nice looking bike! It's really Chinese?"
One person at a time is a rough way to market.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 12-08-2016, 10:47 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
......... it's the paranoia of the American buyer that it's "Chinese".....

....One person at a time is a rough way to market.
It's not only the American buyer.

Another article in China Motorcycle News mentioned that the Zongshen motorcycle factory in Thailand stopped building motorcycles, and converted to ATV manufacture due to the Thai attitude that buying a used Japanese bike is better than a new Chinese bike.

I 've received a lot of kidding from my riding buddies about my Chinese motorcycle.

But when they see it in person are pleasantly surprised.....but not enough to buy one.

jb

Old 12-08-2016, 12:24 PM   #30

On advrider, folks are going nuts over the upcoming Versys. 300 release. I think if our bikes compared comparably with a lower price point, it will be a shot in the arm for the cyclone. I do think that worldwide, they need to market it better and I agree with dropping the Chinese name. It needs to compete on reliability, finish and durability rather than country of origin... which, right or wrong does seem polarizing and it does scare people away.