Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2016, 04:06 PM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
Jerry, have you looked into the snapjack? It will work with the regular kickstand, and you can use it under the swingarm to get the rear tire off the ground, or under the exhaust bend to get the front tire off the ground. I know you can get them on the DR650 page of ProCycle.us. They have a ton of other goodies there that will work on the Hawk. I highly recommend the cell phone RAM mount, and the GoCruise cruise control. I have both of those on every bike I own. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions and I'll do my best to help you find some solutions.
I had looked at the snapjack and may go that rout if I can't find the center stand. I already have the compartment under the seat full of tools and so on. But I am planning on getting a tank bag and could put that in there for when i'm on the road. The tank bag I'm looking at has a place for my phone. I do miss having the cruise control. I'll have to take a look at that. Thanks for the info
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Last edited by JerryHawk250; 11-29-2016 at 04:52 PM.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:10 PM   #122

Sure thing, Jerry! I like the GoCruise because it's really easy to put on and take off. The price is right, too. Here's a picture of the rear tire on the hawk:
Name:  Tire.JPG
Views: 397
Size:  66.2 KB
The angle isn't great, but the knobs in the center are really worn down. I'm not terribly concerned about it. Like I said before, I can order a full set of tires for the Hawk and not spend enough money to get free shipping. I guess that just means I'll need to put an extra set of tires for the DR on the shelf, too. Actually, I think the front tire on the Rebel is in desperate need of replacing...

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 11-30-2016, 08:12 AM   #123

Quote:
Sure thing, Jerry! I like the GoCruise because it's really easy to put on and take off. The price is right, too.
The angle isn't great, but the knobs in the center are really worn down. I'm not terribly concerned about it. Like I said before, I can order a full set of tires for the Hawk and not spend enough money to get free shipping. I guess that just means I'll need to put an extra set of tires for the DR on the shelf, too. Actually, I think the front tire on the Rebel is in desperate need of replacing...
GoCruise on the list. Like you I'm not paying shipping. Order everthing at one time. as far as the center stand I decided i'll just weld one up. If it comes out nice my brother who is a retired welder could make them to sell.

That is a lot of wear for the miles you have. Mine hardly show any wear.
May be a different batch with crappy rubber. Depending on what rubber they were recycling that week.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 11-30-2016, 01:52 PM   #124

I LOVED Chinese rubber on my XS850G for the twisties. Didn't last long for crap but that old 3 lunger stuck to the road like a roller coaster.

Old 11-30-2016, 08:44 PM   #125

Jerry, where will you mount the centerstand? When I put the stand on my DR, it came with longer bolts and went in between the frame and the footpegs. It had one bolt that had a spacer on it to act as the picot stop, and the other bolt acted as the pivot. I'm going to Indianapolis first thing tomorrow morning for work, but I'll take a picture of The Mighty DR when I get back and post it. It might give you some geometry ideas for the stand you're planning to knock together.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 11-30-2016, 08:48 PM   #126

LetsRide, I'm not altogether disappointed in the rubber on the Hawk (Hell, for $1,400 it was worth it that the bike even started and moved under it's own power), I was just curious if I got a bad batch of rubber, or if I'm lined up pretty close to what everyone else got out of the stocker. The brand on these tires is 'Sblong'. I've never heard of them, and they don't have aftermarket tires for sale anywhere. I dunno, my biggest concern right now is which tire I want to replace it with. I'm thinking I'm going to keep the Hawk set up with a more aggressive and predominantly off-road tire, and keep the DR set up for longer distance adventure touring.

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 11-30-2016, 11:57 PM   #127

Me love you Sblong time...

RPS sells the stock tires for $50 but don't know how much the shipping is. I will probably go with the Kenda 270 or Shinko 244 when the time comes for replacement.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:46 AM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post
Me love you Sblong time...
That was baaaaaaaaaad.
I was looking at the Shinko 244's. I have a Shinko 705 on the back of my DR and overall I'm happy with it. It gets kind of squirrelly in the wet, but for the mix of on/off road I do, it seems to be a good fit. I'm really happy with the life I'm getting out of it. I've got a little over 5,000 miles on it and it's only down about 1/2 way.

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 12-01-2016, 07:50 AM   #129

Quote:
Jerry, where will you mount the centerstand? When I put the stand on my DR, it came with longer bolts and went in between the frame and the footpegs. It had one bolt that had a spacer on it to act as the picot stop, and the other bolt acted as the pivot. I'm going to Indianapolis first thing tomorrow morning for work, but I'll take a picture of The Mighty DR when I get back and post it. It might give you some geometry ideas for the stand you're planning to knock together.
I'm not sure how I am going to mount it. Lots of finger point engineering. I'll figure it out as I go. I have fabricated a few up in the past but each one was different. It will be bolt on so it can be taken off if need to. The last one I made was for a Yamaha Route 66 I had. It had two eyes already welded on the frame were I was able to pass a bolt through to mount it. Pm some pictures when ever you get a chance.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 12-02-2016, 05:08 AM   #130

Heading Back to ATL

All done in Indianapolis! My motorcycles need me right now, the least I can do is go and be there for them, right? I got my flight changed and I'll be home in enough time to squeeze a ride or two in today before the second round of bad weather pushes through. I noticed something interesting the other day, and I'm not sure how to feel about it. TXPowersports posted a reply to my thread about not buying from them if you live in Georgia (It's not actually my thread, I sort of hijacked it from Jmcgee). They posted the reply nearly a month after I bought the bike, and two weeks after I had to twist myself into knots jumping through all the hoops to get it registered. I came out on top in the end, but still, that strikes me as too little, too late. I don't think I'll buy from them again (in truth, the next thing I buy better be comfortable enough to call home because according to the missus, there will DEFINITELY be a divorce in my future!). There are too many other good companies out there looking to build the riding base of these great little China Bikes. On top of that, Letsride is looking into becoming a vendor, and chops like that is something I feel has been sorely lacking in society lately. I'm about to hop on the plane and head home, have a great morning everyone!

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Last edited by Emerikol; 12-02-2016 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Note to self - Coffee, THEN post!

Old 12-02-2016, 05:09 AM   #131

Jerry, I'll get those pictures out when I get home and get coffee. I'm looking forward to seeing what you knock together. I would be interested in picking a centerstand up for the Hawk if the final price you can build them is reasonable. Talk to you soon.

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 12-02-2016, 09:13 AM   #132

Emerikol, I saw that. Its almost like they want the last word in a thread in hopes to somehow make them look good. Absolutely ridiculous. I'm most likely going to go ahead and order a Hawk as soon as I get the kids Christmas stuff here, and put together. And I won't be ordering from them. They have done that in other threads as well. There is NO WAY I could do that to someone and sleep at night. Hell just post the details of the bike on the ad and let the consumer make the choice. Better yet carry the Hawk and one that is 49 or 50 state legal. It's not rocket science. I'm not a dealer yet but how hard can it be. I know how hard it is to earn a dollar and dadgumit folks will know whey they are buying from me up front. And if I tell them a duck will pull a truck, YOU BETTER HOOK HIM UP!! Have a safe flight, and finish wearing out that tire when you get back. Be Safe

Old 12-03-2016, 06:54 AM   #133

Letsride, The crazy thing is that they didn't offer any kind of support when they posted, they just made a post for the sake of posting. Kind of like Facebook: Nothing to say, just speaking for the sound... As if that bit of insanity isn't enough, they still have the bike listed as street legal on their website:
http://chinariders.net/attachment.ph...1&d=1480765536

Then, they write in red text above the description that it may not be street legal, but in the description they say it's street legal again!
http://chinariders.net/attachment.ph...1&d=1480765655

Seriously?! Who came up with this? I wonder if I should be a total jerk and reply to them with the screen captures off of their own website? See if they get back to me.

I was able to get some riding in yesterday, and the bike is doing really well. I rolled slightly more than 400 total miles on it, and the back tire seems like it's holding together. Maybe it wore in really quickly, and everything kind of settled down and such. I'm not planning on giving it much of a reprieve, though. We have some nasty weather rolling in for most of this upcoming week, and after that the skies are supposed to clear (although it will still be brutally cold) and the motorcycle itch will be back with a vengeance! I'm off to get a cup of coffee and some breakfast, then I have to go swing a hammer in one of my rental properties for a while. Have a great day, everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TXPsl.JPG (17.8 KB, 227 views)
File Type: jpg TXPred.JPG (52.2 KB, 232 views)

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 12-03-2016, 10:56 AM   #134

The catch is, if you go into one of these sketchy states DMV (other than texas), and show them the bike where it says , may not be... , and no sticker... and such, the counter person will just give you an annoyed look and say, NEXT.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 12-04-2016, 09:46 AM   #135

Don't Bother Closing the Garage Door Now...

Morning Fellow Riders! It's been raining here in West Georgia for the past two days (and MAN do we need the rain), so I spent some time cleaning up the garage and getting my workbench cleared off and ready for the next project, whatever that may be (most likely the starter bearing cleaning and lube on my DR. I have some other work I would like to do on that bike, too). There were a few hours of clear weather left before the storms started rolling in, so I pushed the iron horses out so I could sweep the floors. Thought I would take a picture and share with you guys. Have a great day.
http://www.chinariders.net/attachmen...1&d=1480862696
http://www.chinariders.net/attachmen...1&d=1480862745
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5801[1].jpg (96.5 KB, 219 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5802[1].jpg (96.8 KB, 216 views)

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Tags
georgia, hawk, upgrades