Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2016, 03:38 PM   #106

Dude your bike is looking killer nice job! I have to get to work on mine again!

Old 11-30-2016, 07:38 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralTso View Post
Dude your bike is looking killer nice job! I have to get to work on mine again!
Thanks! I appreciate it!

Old 12-10-2016, 06:54 PM   #108

I've logged 62 miles on the hawk since I got it. And that's just riding in icriles in the neighborhood lmao! I am taking a trip to my friend's here soon and there's a ton of trails and stuff out there. Should be fun

Old 12-14-2016, 11:07 PM   #109

Story time!

My friend lives out in BFE, and every now and then a couple friend's and I head down there with our trucks and bikes. We planned to do that again this weekend. So my truck breaks down. Needed a brake job, finished that up, go around the block and the pedal hits the floor before the brakes even begin to engage. Look under the hood and there is brake fluid all over the booster and the frame rail. So new master cylinder it is. That's not bad, but I need a shop to bleed the brakes because I have that shitty abs module and can't afford the $4000 tool to properly bleed my brakes. I know you guys don't care about that part as this is a bike forum right? So I old you that to tell you this. To kick me while I'm down, the bike is broken down at the moment as well. I hopped on, started my little motovlog, went down the driveway (which has a STEEP incline) a make a left and the rear tire slips out from under me and I almost bust my ass.I think, "damn that was close" and laugh it off. So at about 10 mph, the bike feels wobbly and very unstable. So I limp it back to the shop and I see that the tire has unseated itself from the rim. A spoke also shot itself between my sprocket and my chain.

Now, it's too late for the truck to make the trip, but I still have hope for the bike. I figure cycle gear or any dealership should have a tube that would work but I need to know where I can buy one single spoke locally. Maybe a Honda dealer? Which bike should I ask for? Or if anyone has a part number to one they used. Please help me out. I've been looking forward to this for a while and I lost both of the things I was taking with me within a couple hours.

Pictures for your enjoyment lol!

Old 12-15-2016, 08:26 AM   #110

Wow! that sucks. It always comes in threes too. Mine started on Monday. Washing machine sprung a leak and put water all over my utility room. 1 year old dryer caught on fire. wasn't too bad, just lint buildup caught on fire. I'm still waiting on #3 to happen. it will, it's just a matter of time. Hope the rest of your week goes better.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 12-15-2016, 10:24 AM   #111

I dont know if the honda crf230f will have the same spoke or not but I think its your best place to start. Just make sure you bring the spoke with you.

Old 12-15-2016, 12:13 PM   #112

Dude, that sucks so much! I would be inclined to think that XR200R spokes (for the 18" rear years - '81-'81) would do.

You've been around here long enough to know how many of us appreciate trucks, tractors, lawn mowers, go-karts... Can't you bench-bleed the master and then use a cheap HF vacuum bleeder to do the rest? That's what I used on my '99. I even drank a cold beer while doing it.

Your first pic made me laugh out loud.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-15-2016, 01:11 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Dude, that sucks so much! I would be inclined to think that XR200R spokes (for the 18" rear years - '81-'81) would do.

You've been around here long enough to know how many of us appreciate trucks, tractors, lawn mowers, go-karts... Can't you bench-bleed the master and then use a cheap HF vacuum bleeder to do the rest? That's what I used on my '99. I even drank a cold beer while doing it.

That is a bummer!....but like W&G says, I just bench bled my '97 Z71 and it was all good.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 12-15-2016, 05:16 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Wow! that sucks. It always comes in threes too. Mine started on Monday. Washing machine sprung a leak and put water all over my utility room. 1 year old dryer caught on fire. wasn't too bad, just lint buildup caught on fire. I'm still waiting on #3 to happen. it will, it's just a matter of time. Hope the rest of your week goes better.
I don't think I can handle a third right now lol! Fingers crossed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
I dont know if the honda crf230f will have the same spoke or not but I think its your best place to start. Just make sure you bring the spoke with you.
alright cool. I'm headed up there right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post

Yeah I can bench bleed the master cylinder and bleed the brakes no problem. The problem is when air gets trapped in the abs module (95+ for my truck) which is likely to happen when replacing the master cylinder. You need a very expensive scan tool to operate the solenoids in that module to properly bleed the air out. That's the only reason why I'm taking it to a shop.

Haha! I've taken a few pictures like that. This one in particular was for a guy on facebook. He said something like "I wish I could find a girl who looks at me like I look at my truck." I was sitting there all pissed off at mine and tookt hat picture and said "you mean like this?" lmao!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
That is a bummer!....but like W&G says, I just bench bled my '97 Z71 and it was all good.
I've had problems with my brakes for over a year now. I can rebuild the rear completely and 5000 miles later, they are squealing and grabbing. I swapped rear ends and even on that axle, 5000 miles an they were squealing and grabbing. I'm hoping it's just air in the system that I can't get out. Hopefully a shop can get it taken care of. I'm the last guy that would take their vehicle to a shop. I only do when I've exhausted myself trying and am to the point that it's either A) let a shop fix it or B) get the lighter fluid and matches lol

Old 12-15-2016, 08:22 PM   #115

Your rear brakes are acting up because of the cheap material the drums are made from. It doesn't take much condensation or dampness to cause them to grab and start squealing. The flash rust gets embedded into the brake shoes and cause both squeal and lock up, or attempt to lock up. I've been round and round on this with many vehicles over the years, as well as customers vehicles when I was a mechanic. I quit using Advanced Auto and Autozone brake parts, and the brake problems I encountered went away. I use NAPA or Car Quest now. I used to use Pro Auto until they went out of business in my area.

You can reverse bleed your brakes without needing the tool for the ABS system. Make sure the ABS module is as level as possible when you reverse bleed. Air naturally wants to travel up through the brake fluid to the highest point of escape. Go slow with the reverse bleeding, and make sure to use a little teflon tape on the bleed screws, so no air gets pulled in around the threads.

Old 12-16-2016, 12:40 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
Your rear brakes are acting up because of the cheap material the drums are made from. It doesn't take much condensation or dampness to cause them to grab and start squealing. The flash rust gets embedded into the brake shoes and cause both squeal and lock up, or attempt to lock up. I've been round and round on this with many vehicles over the years, as well as customers vehicles when I was a mechanic. I quit using Advanced Auto and Autozone brake parts, and the brake problems I encountered went away. I use NAPA or Car Quest now. I used to use Pro Auto until they went out of business in my area.

You can reverse bleed your brakes without needing the tool for the ABS system. Make sure the ABS module is as level as possible when you reverse bleed. Air naturally wants to travel up through the brake fluid to the highest point of escape. Go slow with the reverse bleeding, and make sure to use a little teflon tape on the bleed screws, so no air gets pulled in around the threads.
Interesting. I've never heard of reverse bleeding. I'll use napa next time unless I swap to rear discs. Which is very tempting and likely to happen

Old 12-16-2016, 10:26 AM   #117

My guess is proportioning valve.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 12-16-2016, 11:54 AM   #118

Quote:
I think his truck is new enough that it doesn't have one. It's all worked out through part sizing and the ABS module. If it does, there could be some varnish or sludgy brake fluid trapped in there.

Old 12-17-2016, 12:20 AM   #119

Quote:
Cpould be. I believe mine is part of the abs unit itself
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
I think his truck is new enough that it doesn't have one. It's all worked out through part sizing and the ABS module. If it does, there could be some varnish or sludgy brake fluid trapped in there.
Possibly. I replaced the master, bench bled it, bled the brakes, and mnothing changed. So I'm taking it to a shop tomorrow. I know it's time when I catch myself running through the truck's future craigslist ad and what I'm going to say lol!

As for the bike, it's not looking good. Motocheez was kind enough to send me a couple spokes. He ships it with 2 day shipping, but it's not expected to make it here until Monday. Not his fault. So there's that. Not a happy guy right now.

Old 12-17-2016, 01:53 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95C1500 View Post
Cpould be. I believe mine is part of the abs unit itself

Possibly. I replaced the master, bench bled it, bled the brakes, and mnothing changed. So I'm taking it to a shop tomorrow. I know it's time when I catch myself running through the truck's future craigslist ad and what I'm going to say lol!

As for the bike, it's not looking good. Motocheez was kind enough to send me a couple spokes. He ships it with 2 day shipping, but it's not expected to make it here until Monday. Not his fault. So there's that. Not a happy guy right now.
Where does MotoCheez get his spokes from?