Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Everything Else

Old 11-27-2016, 05:59 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolclass View Post
The gas pedal has a bolt and nut that can limit the throttle. My son has to earn full throttle still.
i know he's young. until he learns to "fix it"
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 11-27-2016, 09:54 PM   #17

I'm 6ft and 190 pounds and both he and I can fit in it together. Being that he I only 5 I hand to put blocks on the pedals. How old is your little one?

Old 11-27-2016, 09:57 PM   #18

It is tight, though. But once in it is all good.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:56 AM   #19

He is 5 also. I've got A Coleman Trail bike on the way. Couldn't pass it up on a black friday sale. Now I gotta decide on this go kart and SOON or it won't make it here on the Sleigh.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:38 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
He is 5 also. I've got A Coleman Trail bike on the way. Couldn't pass it up on a black friday sale. Now I gotta decide on this go kart and SOON or it won't make it here on the Sleigh.
Coleman Link?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 11-28-2016, 10:36 PM   #21

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-C...-Bike/40486686
It was free shipping too. So I thought that was a SMOKIN good deal. We didn't have plans to buy one. My wife was on wally worlds site Thursday afternoon and seen it was going on sale at midnight. So I checked out at 0001hrs LOL. This thing is showing to be delivered tomorrow. SO I guess I'm gonna give this to my daughter from the jolly ole fat guy. It will look cool sitting in the living room in front of the tree. SO now its on to figure out Kart or Quad for little man. Of course the quad is ALOT easier on my wallet . But I like the idea of the cheap motors, cheap performance parts, etc on the 6.5's.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:45 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-C...-Bike/40486686
It was free shipping too. So I thought that was a SMOKIN good deal. We didn't have plans to buy one. My wife was on wally worlds site Thursday afternoon and seen it was going on sale at midnight. So I checked out at 0001hrs LOL. This thing is showing to be delivered tomorrow. SO I guess I'm gonna give this to my daughter from the jolly ole fat guy. It will look cool sitting in the living room in front of the tree. SO now its on to figure out Kart or Quad for little man. Of course the quad is ALOT easier on my wallet . But I like the idea of the cheap motors, cheap performance parts, etc on the 6.5's.
Wasn't aware Coleman branded such things. Looks fun

Old 11-29-2016, 10:00 PM   #23

In a moment of weakness I bought this:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Monster-M...80BR/206734879

The plan is have my son follow my bro in law around a track I'm building. My bro in law can drive the bigger kart and my son can drive the Monster Moto to learn the track lines. My Bro in law is a very good Porsche Club Driver. We go to the local Racing Kart track and I just try to learn by following him.

Then when my son can handle the Magnum 125 by himself he will graduate to it. Until then he will solo the Monster or have an adult as a passenger in the magnum. This is turning into a contagious disease. My neighbor just bought 2 karts for his 4 and 3 year old. The 3 year old is way to young but it is waiting for him when he is ready.

Old 11-29-2016, 10:27 PM   #24

Interesting to see the big box retailers selling these again. I think last time (8 to 10 years ago), the Chinese part (lack of quality) and lack of parts doomed these kinds of 'toys' from big box stores. Now that the OEM manufacturers are more reputable, parts are easier to find, and people are able to wrench on these at home (thanks to youtube and forums like chinariders), the mainstream retailers are probably feeling a little more confidence offering these.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-30-2016, 10:23 AM   #25

Pistolclass, That is a neat little cart. And 80cc's sounds great. And hey the price is awesome. Mama bear is worried to death about little man's first time out on a gas powered ride ride (as he says) I've let him have the helm on the little Kymco with me sitting behind him. He does ok, but is slow to find the brakes. We have 12 acres out here and I'm in the process of cutting trails around the whole thing. Post up some pics of the kart if you can. And as far as the big box stores selling this stuff again, I couldn't agree more. I'm sad to see the Baja Warriors no longer available. I always liked those bikes with the front suspension and all. And I always said when I saw them sitting out in front of TSC "I'll pick up one one day", well I think I waited one day too late.

Old 11-30-2016, 08:02 PM   #26

Here is the magnum 125.i will take a pic of the monster tomorrow. Notice the upgraded harnesses.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1480554058434-1676458744.jpg (93.1 KB, 114 views)

Old 12-01-2016, 09:15 AM   #27

It looks to be built really well. Where did you get the harnesses from?

Old 12-01-2016, 04:34 PM   #28

It is a solid kart. I got the harnesses from amazon. They were $30 each. Great deal.

Old 12-02-2016, 09:48 PM   #29

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions guys. But I decided to go with a quad. I ordered it today. All this info is not for nothing though. I see a Kart in the stable in the near future as well. Too much dirt out here to not have lots of toys.