Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2015, 01:40 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_e View Post
I just made a spreadsheet of the all the parts I've ordered for these three...don't ever do that
I've learned not to; it ruins my joy.

Yes, the stator is bathed in oil.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-27-2015, 11:51 PM   #17

I got the new stator for the Baja 125. Didn't want to wait so I got it off ebay. It was pricy. The plug was different so I cut the plug of the old one and spliced the wires. Of course, the wires can't be the same colors either but I matched them up to their origination points of both stators. Only real difference was the green on mine was black on the new one. Anyway, wired it all up and still no spark. Tell me it's something stupid like the cover has to be on because I didn't reinstall it. Yet. Tried two CDIs and two coils. The lead to the CDI is putting out 40 to 50 volts AC and the lead to the CDI trigger is putting out a small DC charge (~4). Do I need to set the air gap on pickup for the trigger? It was slightly bent coming out of the box so I just made it 90 degrees again. I've followed all the basic wiring diagrams for the CDI and coil. It all seems correct. I'm going test all my splices again tomorrow and pull the CDI and coil off the 150, even though I'm sure I've tested the ones I'm using on the 125 on the 150 now to be sure they worked.

This bike doesn't have lights, starter, or a battery. It's dead simple, maybe too simple for me. LOL. From the stator I'm using the two wires from the pickup and the AC power to the CDI. One of the pickup wires is also the ground (green on my bike, black on the stator). I don't use the yellow and white wires from the stator as there is no battery or lights. The kill switch is working.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cdi.jpg (27.2 KB, 186 views)

Old 07-28-2015, 12:23 AM   #18

Oh, no. It's the CG125M (90s Honda) stator ie. very difficult to obtain in states
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=45436206603
What's the ohm reading of stator's source coil & pickup trigger? It's very difficult to obtain correct info of this model.
---
Check the trigger gap (~0.5mm) http://www.sanxin.com.cn/Exhibit/exhview.asp?pid=8 if misfire happends as CDI maker said
---
https://translate.google.com/transla...107&edit-text=

Last edited by humanbeing; 07-28-2015 at 05:37 AM.

Old 07-28-2015, 03:59 PM   #19

Thanks. I will check those resistance readings tonight.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:01 PM   #20

I got it to fire. I did not have the second ground wire coming out of the CDI hooked up. Thought it wasn't necessary. Once I ran a ground to that pin on the CDI I got spark.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:02 AM   #21

Awesome! How does it run?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-29-2015, 11:56 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Awesome! How does it run?
Not really running yet. The carb is all gummed up so I just got it fire with a little gas in the intake. Plus, I've got the exhaust off. The muffler weld broke so I've got to get it welded back on. Now that I've got the ignition squared away I can really start fixing it up.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:55 AM   #23

Cool. That's an encouraging starting point.

Old 07-31-2015, 01:56 PM   #24

I got the spokes for the 150's front wheel in the mail from China. Wrong bend. The length was right but I need'ed a 90 degree "jbend". Since I only had to replace a few spokes replaced, I just went ahead and re-bent them in a vice.

Took me a few hours to replace the missing spokes. Wasn't planning on it being a big deal, but you have to remove several spokes to get new spokes in.

I just put the bike on a stand and put the wheel on to use the forks as a truing stand.
[youtube]Hahok_4rIcI[/youtube]

As you can see, I've still got some work to do but it's pretty close (for a dirt bike wheel). The new spokes pulled into their sockets nicely.

I also got the spokes for the rear of the Baja 125. They are way off and I can't use them. Spent some time searching last night and ordered another set, again all the way from China.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:26 PM   #25

Got my stator cover installed on the 150. I think I messed up the starter. Didn't know that the front just pops out of the stator cover. Ended up taking the starter apart.

Any tips for pulling the exhaust? I want to paint it but the muffler and head pipe are seized together. Not sure I can wrangle it out that way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150731_203239~01.jpg (86.2 KB, 161 views)

Old 07-31-2015, 11:12 PM   #26

Starters are expensive. Guess I better take it apart again.

Old 08-01-2015, 03:13 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_e View Post
Starters are expensive. Guess I better take it apart again.
Some maintenance tips:
http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/view...authorid=75082

Old 08-01-2015, 06:34 AM   #28

if you have a torch of any sort (propane will do) heat the joint a bit and try to twist the header out of the muffler pipe...

Old 08-01-2015, 12:50 PM   #29

Unless you can manage to wiggle the whole assembly out, which will then allow a little careful twisting.

After you have separated the header and mid-pipe, try the electrolytic de-rusting trick. It's amazing.

Old 08-04-2015, 12:59 PM   #30

Looks like I hamfisted the starter back together and broke one of the brushes. So add another $35 to the spreadsheet for a new one.

I got the exhaust off. After letting is sit with some penetrating oil it came apart with just a little twisting. Gave it few coats of BBQ paint (also found a use my wife's plant hangers. LOL).

Expecting a lot of packages from China this week. Was hoping to have all three bikes almost ready to go by this weekend but I ran into big problems with broken spokes. I got the front wheel of the 150 all done. But found a broken spoke on the back of the hi-bird, and there are several broken on the Baja 125. So it'll be another couple of weeks before I get those parts in. I've only been able to find spokes on AliExpress.

Since I'm dead in the water waiting on parts, I did some mockups of the body work on the 150 using some spare plastics I had laying around. The tank plastics that came with it (that's the only body work it had with it) were broken, I' trimmed up both sides, cut off the forward parts that were broke. It looks okay without the tank cover but there's a huge gap between the seat and tank so I tried it with the trimmed covers. Not sure if I'm going to use them or not. But it looks more like a motorcycle now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150801_160301.jpg (44.8 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150801_160212.jpg (79.4 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150801_164756.jpg (77.2 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150801_160224.jpg (69.4 KB, 135 views)