Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics

Old 06-30-2015, 06:56 PM   #16

So this weekend I decided to go up Mt Lemon the rest of the way (sortof). I had mounted my GoPro on the chest strap to my camel back. Video was clear etc, but just not a good angle, unless you want to see the speedo cluster. I need to get it a little bit higher so the video shows the road better. I may try and upload one to youtube later on and post it up.

Anyway bike ran like a dream. Up over 8,000 feet and did not miss a tick. Just a blast to drive. First pick is at a rest stop at about 7,000 feet, a tourist lookout stop for many.

The next pic is at about 8,500 maybe a little more. I had passed the elevation marker and kept going, then turned off onto the dirt and went a bit higer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bashan-mt-lemon-rest-stop.jpg (68.1 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg bashan-mt-lemon-8500ft.jpg (76.7 KB, 132 views)
Be a Piggy!

Old 07-01-2015, 12:03 PM   #17

Nice pics. What elevation do you live at?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-03-2015, 07:02 PM   #18

Elevation about 2500 ft. for Tucson. We get alot of snowbirds down here, many from the other coast and alot from Vancouver. Every now and then I see motorhome caravans all with Canadian tags.

Great Motorcycle area. Lots of history, and there's "Gold in dem dare hills?.
Be a Piggy!

Old 07-05-2015, 07:54 PM   #19

Your bike must have been jetted quite lean from the factory, like most China bikes. That would explain why it can breathe at 8000'.

I'd love to drag my trailer to your area, but that's punishment that my poor old Sierra wouldn't be able to take.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-19-2015, 03:11 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Your bike must have been jetted quite lean from the factory, like most China bikes. That would explain why it can breathe at 8000'.

I'd love to drag my trailer to your area, but that's punishment that my poor old Sierra wouldn't be able to take.
I don't know, it seems to run rich. Most times I do not have to use the choke. When warm, I have to crack the throttle some for it to start.

Anyway, I took the little devil up into the hills yesterday and put it through the paces. Dropped it once, stalled it once and high centered it. The end broke off my clutch lever and I cannot find a suitable replacement.

This video is of what I consider to be a fairly rough section. Some might say intermediate with some advanced sections. This little Bashan handled it pretty darn good with the stock enduro tires. Granted, it is rock and traction is pretty darn good. First gear work, idling and opening it up, never complained. Rarely had to use the clutch. And this is after I have put a smaller rear sprocket on to get highway speeds.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4XQxXYH3tQs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Be a Piggy!

Old 07-19-2015, 11:34 PM   #21

This one is with a chest mounted GoPro, a bit easier dirt road.

Be a Piggy!

Last edited by Mag00; 07-21-2015 at 03:51 PM.

Old 07-20-2015, 11:21 AM   #22

Thanks for the vids. I like your fat bars; how is the riding position?

Old 07-21-2015, 03:55 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Thanks for the vids. I like your fat bars; how is the riding position?
Riding position is a bit better. Bars are a little taller, and the pullback is less. However, standing and going uphill, the bars are still too tight in. I'm thinking of moving the pegs back a little to help that out.
Be a Piggy!