Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro

Old 09-02-2015, 11:21 AM   #91

Do the rear turn signals flash when you apply the brakes?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-02-2015, 12:17 PM   #92

No they don't flash when the brake is on.

Old 09-03-2015, 12:36 AM   #93

I got nothin'. I'm not sure what that device is.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-09-2015, 04:03 PM   #94

VT Title

Rich, I've been working on my registration papers for Vermont. I had a couple of questions maybe you could answer.

1. Where were you able to find the model for your bike? Did you just wing it and list a current model or is that the actual bike model?

2. Did you put your KS license number where it asks for VT? My GA License number won't fit in the window? Did you leave this blank?

3. Did you include a picture of your bike, vin, and odometer for the registration or did you just send them the check and the VT paperwork and Bill of Sale?

4. Did you include a copy of your insurance papers for this bike or was that necessary?

5. When you applied for the registration they gave you the tag but not the title. Did they ever send you a title? If they don't send the title would you just take your VT tag and transfer the tag to your state? Is there another special fee for the title?

6. Did you get your Bill of Sale notarized or did you just send the regular Bill of Sale?

Thanks for the good info
1988 Kawasaki Kdx 200cc

Old 09-10-2015, 04:51 PM   #95

VT Title

I just made up the model name "GY150..." something or other. Left the driver's licence block blank. Didn't send any pictures. Didn't send proof of insurance, I did get a quote from my company but they wanted to know where it was registered, so I didn't get the insurance until I got the tag. It was just a regular bill of sale I got of the internet, not notarized.

They don't issue a title for bikes under 300CC or over a certain age but they are supposed to send a certificate of ownership. The certificate is supposed to be as good as a title and you can use it to register in your state.

I still haven't received the certificate or an expiration sticker for the tag. I only got a copy of my application back along with the tag. All I sent was the bill of sale, the application form, and a check. I based sales tax on $500, which is their minimum valuation, since I couldn't find a blue book value.

Frankly, I think sending a picture is probably a good idea to show the bike is street legal since they don't show up in any database.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:09 PM   #96

VT Title

I received the registration and expiration sticker for the tag today. I guess that's all there's is to it. The registration serves as the "proof of ownership". I'll wait until next spring to try and transfer it to Kansas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0210.jpg (69.0 KB, 173 views)

Old 09-12-2015, 01:06 PM   #97

Is there a State transfer time limit in Kansas? I know that some States and Provinces require that a transfer to a new area be completed in 30 days, or there is often a financial penalty.

Old 09-13-2015, 12:56 PM   #98

They have a 60 day grace period here. It used to be 30 but they "upgraded" their computer system, now nothing works as it should LOL.

I was just going to tell them I bought it on an extended vacation to Vermont or that I visit there frequently and decided to bring it back with me.

I think, that it needs to be in my name for more than six months or I have to pay sales tax again unless I have proof I paid tax elsewhere.

Old 09-13-2015, 05:12 PM   #99

What is the cost if you exceed 60 days?

Old 01-21-2016, 01:17 PM   #100

Still haven't gotten around to trying to get a Kansas title for the 150, well past 60 days now LOL.

Haven't messed with the bikes much at all. Got a new project, a 76 MGB roadster!

Still need to find a front caliper for the HyBird but I got all my other parts for it.

Old 01-22-2016, 12:43 AM   #101

I'd love to see the MGB. Please feel free to start a thread on it.

Old 01-22-2016, 04:24 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I'd love to see the MGB. Please feel free to start a thread on it.
I added a new thread about it here: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15801