Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2022, 11:07 AM   #1

I rang through this morning. They told me they won't know the driver at the delivery terminal until some time on the day of the delivery. I also got the information that they won't call ahead and that they will just leave the delivery if no one is home.

Old 11-10-2022, 11:35 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Pete View Post
I rang through this morning. They told me they won't know the driver at the delivery terminal until some time on the day of the delivery. I also got the information that they won't call ahead and that they will just leave the delivery if no one is home.
I called the Birmingham, AL terminal and they said that I should receive my freight on Monday. Which is a day before the initial delivery date of Tuesday. I asked again if I would get a call before delivery. She said normally no, but she could make a note for the driver to call me 1 hour before delivery and he would call. So we will see. I have to say, everyone I have spoken to at R&L has been very nice and accommodating. If my bike comes in good shape I will have to give this whole process 5 stars.

Old 11-10-2022, 02:54 PM   #3

Exclamation

I definitely got a heads-up phone call (R&L driver called me) about 30 minutes before delivery time. The is the Kansas city office, but I got the impression that this is standard practice at all R&L depot's. I am surprised to hear this isn't the case

The first bike (5 speed) had crate frame damage and oil spilled on it. Minor scratches to front fender in mounting area (invisible). The 6 speed crate arrived in perfect condition.