Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2016, 08:39 PM   #1

Positive Feed Back

Finally got enough Money saved up to buy a Hawk. Now Im afraid that If I get one I will have trouble with it because its a Chinese Clone of some type of other Bike. Just want to make sure that this is a good reliable Bike. So my question to you guys who have bought one is would you by another Hawk after owning one?

Old 07-27-2016, 10:30 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchevy View Post
Finally got enough Money saved up to buy a Hawk. Now Im afraid that If I get one I will have trouble with it because its a Chinese Clone of some type of other Bike. Just want to make sure that this is a good reliable Bike. So my question to you guys who have bought one is would you by another Hawk after owning one?
Absolutely not, you better go visit your nearest BMW dealer.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 07-27-2016, 10:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Absolutely not, you better go visit your nearest BMW dealer.
I was thinking that if all you guys would not advise a guy to buy a Hawk. I might just save some more money and buy a used Yamaha or Honda or some kind of used Dual Sport. Thanks for your advice. The more negative input I get on the Hawk the more it makes me think buying this thing would be a big mistake.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:02 PM   #4

Quote:
I was thinking that if all you guys would not advise a guy to buy a Hawk. I might just save some more money and buy a used Yamaha or Honda or some kind of used Dual Sport. Thanks for your advice. The more negative input I get on the Hawk the more it makes me think buying this thing would be a big mistake.
Blackbike is jest joking you. He dosent even own a Hawk. Wait for the people who own a Hawk to chime before you decide.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Hey man, I just crossed 3000 miles on mine and this is what has broken on me.

-Gas Tank Cracked (Seems like an isolated incident for the most part)

-Broke 1 spoke

-Sheared my sprocket bolts (Also seems like an isolated incident)

-Chain wore out almost immediately and needed to be replaced.

-One exhaust stud sheared off in the head (I think this was becuase another bolt came loose putting too much stress on that bolt)

-The high/low beam switch failed, so I wired it to always have the low beam on.

Other than that, I have done some upgrades (Like a carb, cluster, etc), and basic maintenance (oil, valves, etc).

I commute to work (3 hrs round trip), its never left me stranded. Ive been doing that for the past summer only though.

Side note, I ride my bike like I stole it. Wheelies, jumps, trail riding, full throttle blasts bouncing off the rev limiter occasionally, and 65mph highway stretches is how my bike gets ridden. It never has an easy day.

Yesterday I went down doing about 30 mph after some jerk pulled out infront of me, got a few scratches and bent some things, but it still got me home. No parts broke off.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:01 AM   #6

I would buy another. I changed the carb cluster plug and adjusted the valves. It runs like a champ. All off road. No jumps but plenty of wheelies and dirt kicking hope shots. Check out Motocheez on YouTube for an unbiased review of his. He is sometimes on this site so hopefully he Chimes in.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:46 AM   #7

Quote:
No, I don't have a Hawk but I do have CSC TT 250 (very similar) in my rolling stock and I'm going through this exact thing with my neighbor right now.

He tells me about "Chinese junk" and other terms like that...but he sure loves to ride any of my "Chinese junk" in my stable when we go out together.

He's seriously interested in a TT250 now (CA legal) but is on the fence such as you are. That said, I tell him that if he has any concerns or reluctance about buying a Chinese bike whatsoever, he should buy a used Japanese bike instead. Bad mojo.....

He's watched me tear the new TT completely apart and reassemble and he's very impressed with the quality, fit and finish....but again, he has bad Chinese Mojo due to his reluctance and attitude. I have no problems whatsoever with all of my Chinese fleet....but I fear if he buys one, I may be fixing it for him constantly. Bottom line is if you assemble it properly, adjust everything and ride it like it's supposed to be ridden for what it's made for, it should be fine. If you'll be doing a ton of MX, the Rubicon, Dakar or any other extreme riding, it's not what it's made for. These are fun-to-ride trail bikes and light commuters....though many have pushed them much further with positive results.

You have to ask yourself, "Should I spend the 5000.00 on a new Honda or should I spend the 1500.00 on a new Hawk?"

They are two completely different bikes....but so is the tab.

Hope this helps in your thought process.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-28-2016, 01:31 PM   #8

When considering to buy any china bike over new or used jap bike. You can look at it a few ways. The upfront cost of the china bike will be significantly less then a good used jap bike. Parts for the china bike are cheap. Most of the time no dealer support. If you are okay with fixing a few things and have a good sense of humor there's no reason not to get a china bike. If you want dealer support and something a little more reliable then go for the jap bike with fuel injection. Sometimes you get lucky on the used market and find a really good deal. The one thing I've found is that people who buy dual sports typically ride them. Other styles of bikes some people will buy ride a few times leave it sitting somewhere for a couple of year and then decide to sell it a significant loss because they want to get rid of it.

You may also want to also consider the Bashan BS250GY-31 (Blaze) it's $100 cheaper then the hawk (if buying 1) right now and has the classic china GY styling. http://www.apscusa.com/New-2015-Blaz...le-_p_557.html

Lately I've been seeing big brand dealers take china bikes in on trade and then try to sell them for ridiculous prices. It's either a step towards china manufactures / brand acceptance or dealers testing the water. Either way it bodes well for how far these bikes have come.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:40 PM   #9

Thanks for all the Positive In put. This makes me feel better about the Hawk. What is the difference between the Blaze 250 and the Hawk 250?

Old 07-28-2016, 06:45 PM   #10

Hate to here about you having a Car pull out in front of you. It happens to me every time I get out on my Trike. As far as what has broke or worn out on yours does not scare me at all. Been working on Bikes all my life. Im 47 years old and love to tinker around with Motorcycles. It relieves stress for me.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:04 PM   #11

The big difference is the appearance the hawk has the more modern around 2013 NXR 150 styling. The Blaze has the classic china gy styling. It reminiscent of several early to late 2000's jap dual sports. The hawk is made by Haosen. The blaze is made Bashan. Other then that they will be pretty similar both produced in Chongqing. Hawk has CG250 (230cc). Blaze has CB250 (230cc) Blaze has rear drum. Hawk has rear disc. Blaze seat height is lower at 31.1 in compared to 35.4 on hawk. Blaze claims 11.4 in min ground clearance. Hawk is 8.3 inch. They share a similar supply chain though I suspect Bashan maybe slightly more integrated.

You can pick up the hawk up $1100 a piece if you buy 2.
http://www.apscusa.com/New-2015-Hawk...016_p_652.html

Product and Manufacture links:
http://www.haosenmotor.com/Products/.../HS250Y-A.aspx

http://www.roketa.com/product/produc...=0&proID=59732

http://chinabashan.com/en/3DPlant/

Last edited by nonone; 07-28-2016 at 11:58 PM.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonone View Post
The big difference is the appearance the hawk has the more modern around 2013 NXR 150 styling. The Blaze has the classic china gy styling. It reminiscent of several early to late 2000's jap dual sports. The hawk is made by Haosen. The blaze is made Bashan. Other then that they will be pretty similar both produced in Chongqing. Both have a CG250 (230cc). Blaze has rear drum. Hawk has rear disc. Blaze seat height is lower at 31.1 in compared to 35.4 on hawk. Blaze claims 11.4 in min ground clearance. Hawk is 8.3 inch. They share a similar supply chain though I suspect Bashan maybe slightly more integrated.

The Blaze has the counterbalance engine.

Old 07-29-2016, 12:00 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
The Blaze has the counterbalance engine.
You're right I blanked on that.

Old 07-29-2016, 06:36 PM   #14

Keep all the good info on the Hawk coming. Need to here more good reports on these Bikes.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:29 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonone View Post
The big difference is the appearance the hawk has the more modern around 2013 NXR 150 styling. The Blaze has the classic china gy styling. It reminiscent of several early to late 2000's jap dual sports. The hawk is made by Haosen. The blaze is made Bashan. Other then that they will be pretty similar both produced in Chongqing. Hawk has CG250 (230cc). Blaze has CB250 (230cc) Blaze has rear drum. Hawk has rear disc. Blaze seat height is lower at 31.1 in compared to 35.4 on hawk. Blaze claims 11.4 in min ground clearance. Hawk is 8.3 inch. They share a similar supply chain though I suspect Bashan maybe slightly more integrated.

To me the biggest difference is the Bashan Blaze is DOT and EPA approved so it can be registered in 49 states for street use.