Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2016, 12:10 AM   #1

Another new arrival Sunny Duel Sport 250

http://countyimports.com/i/u/6023538...t_bike_i3.jpeg

http://countyimports.com/inc/sdetail...--/45335/22312

The sunny dual sport
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Last edited by BlackBike; 08-04-2016 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Corrected link

Old 08-04-2016, 12:26 AM   #2

I must be blind. I can't seem to find the page with it on it on their site. Can you post a link?

2016 CSC TT250

Old 08-04-2016, 01:26 AM   #3

That's been around a while it's a Dongfang DF250RTE-B. It has a Zong engine.
Here are some better pics
http://www.scooterfolks.com/DB_D250R...-d250rte-b.htm

http://df-motor.com/product_show.asp?id=696

Old 08-04-2016, 07:42 AM   #4

Blinged up re-badged Hawk with street tires (or is the Hawk an unblinged Sunny with kobbies?) ? It appears that several of our bikes are built on the same or VERY similar platform. BTW I just purchased 2 Hawks and am loving them so far.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:48 AM   #5

To me if they get over the $1600 ranges you might as well go with CSC TT!

Old 08-04-2016, 12:43 PM   #6

They all share very similar attributes and generally are very similar. As almost all china dual sports will use 1 of 2 engines honda clone engines. There are always exceptions to this rule. The big differences are in quality from the manufactures. Haosen manufactures both the hawk and the hawk's engine. Where as the Dongfang uses a Zongshen engine that is epa certified for street use. In china supply chain is everything so typically vertical integration produces a better product but if you have good suppliers ( like Zongshen) then that is not always the case. The TT is still going to be almost $2500 out the door.

Old 08-04-2016, 01:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonone View Post
They all share very similar attributes and generally are very similar. As almost all china dual sports will use 1 of 2 engines honda clone engines. There are always exceptions to this rule. The big differences are in quality from the manufactures. Haosen manufactures both the hawk and the hawk's engine. Where as the Dongfang uses a Zongshen engine that is epa certified for street use. In china supply chain is everything so typically vertical integration produces a better product but if you have good suppliers ( like Zongshen) then that is not always the case. The TT is still going to be almost $2500 out the door.
Great post and great explanation! :-)

Yup....for many years, a Hondoid was a Hondoid was a Hondoid.

Haosen (Hensim) has always made a "nicer" version of a Hondoid, along with Zong. Lifan was the standard bearer, solid Hondoid for quite a while. Now the Hawk and CSC TT250 have once again elevated the bar on the Hondoid dramatically. Very nice pieces, both of them.

The only breakaways were the Zong Sierra (Yamaha) and the Konker/Qlink/SSR (Suzuki). Both of these have always been of a noticeably higher grade and quality than your Hondoid of old.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 08-04-2016, 02:00 PM   #8

The major lacking point of these motors on the bikes are the absolute weak amount of horsepower. They should focus a bit more on building the bike to put out 20-22 horsepower. I know they don't want to spend a ton on research and development, but a motor that could actually move and do a rolling speed wheelie would be a much better selling point. Even if it required the motors to need to be liquid cooled or to be honest, they could switch to fuel injection for better power.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame28 View Post
. . . I know they don't want to spend a ton on research and development, but a motor that could actually move and do a rolling speed wheelie would be a much better selling point. . .
Not for me. I have zero interest in doing wheelies. Perhaps a used Japanese bike would be a better fit for your needs? CB's are not for everyone, as they say.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 08-05-2016, 04:16 PM   #10

My favorite thing about my China bike is the simplicity, NOOOOOO fuel injection, air cooled. Low trouble and low price. More power would be great but I don't wanna pay for it. A brand new bike for less than 2grand, that's sweet.

Old 08-05-2016, 06:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame28 View Post
The major lacking point of these motors on the bikes are the absolute weak amount of horsepower. They should focus a bit more on building the bike to put out 20-22 horsepower. I know they don't want to spend a ton on research and development, but a motor that could actually move and do a rolling speed wheelie would be a much better selling point. Even if it required the motors to need to be liquid cooled or to be honest, they could switch to fuel injection for better power.
Fuel injections primary benefit is in meeting CARB standards. And it's other benefit is it raises the cost of modifiying by an incredible amount. If, for example, you want to change to a more free flowing exhaust, you don't just re-jet - you have to buy the software to re-map the computer controlled injection. It is not beyond the realm of mid 1950s technology to get 20 or 21 hp out of a relatively simple 250. A model 14 AJS was putting out that kind of power in the '60s. That engine was designed to be in-expensive to build, like the engine in Hawks. Just layed out a little differently. Cylinder was deSaxe by 2 or 3 degrees. Cylinder head was twisted to the right about 22 degrees. This was so the engine could use the same pushrods on the exhaust as the intake. Other accidental benefits were the carburetor was centralised in the frame, easier to fit an air cleaner, and exhaust came out more to the right, which meant a less convoluted exhaust pipe. And yes, the little devil was dead simple.

Old 08-06-2016, 01:58 AM   #12

Hey 2lz, do you see what I see on that engine, sells for $2200 wonder if it's true.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 08-06-2016, 02:39 AM   #13

That kinda does look like an OHV doesn't it? Engine is a 165FMM which would mean it's has an OHV.

Old 08-06-2016, 05:33 AM   #14

Wise guy mode on.

A word about OHV. It means overhead valves. the expression is usually used in conjunction with the layout as a pushrod engine. The camshaft or shafts are placed within or slightly elevated in the crankcase.

The Engine pictured is clearly an OHC, as in overhead camshaft. The valves however, are placed just the same way "overhead".

anyway, in this configuration it is called OHC.

...wise guy mode off. :-)

Liberte Egalite Fraternite !

Last edited by Panic-Pete; 08-07-2016 at 01:11 PM.

Old 08-06-2016, 10:41 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post

Hey 2lz, do you see what I see on that engine, sells for $2200 wonder if it's true.
Yup....nipples instead of navel. It's an OHC version of a Hondoid. FastDoc put one of those in an XR200 and it ran like a champ.
Look at that rear sprocket. Typical Hondoid, geared to climb a telephone pole! LOL!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350