Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2015, 02:38 PM   #1

Motobuys Vento 250cc Enduro

http://500226199004260344.en.ec21.co...8_8972751.html
http://www.motobuys.com/vento-hen-enduro-250cc.html

So i was looking at getting the Hawk 250cc from killermotorsports.com until they raised the price on them. Instead i went to motobuys and saw what they called a vento 250cc enduro. I did some research on my own and found that its real name is a Hensim HS250GY.4. Just wondering if anyone has one of these bikes or know anything about them.

Old 06-23-2015, 02:52 PM   #2

That appears to be exactly the same bike as the RPS Hawk 250. Another China bike oddity, the same bike may be rebranded by many sellers.

$1349 is a good price for that machine w/ free shipping. I recently bought one and am pleased. It is a noticeable improvement over the older GY2 and GY5 bikes IMO. It is larger, taller and has more aggressive D/S tires (DOT) approved for road use I believe.

Whoever you buy from, call and confirm they have the bike in stock for immediate shipping.

Old 06-23-2015, 03:32 PM   #3

Yeah i did. They said they do. But motobuys has both the hawk and that one listed at different prices. Looks to b the same bike.

Old 06-24-2015, 03:12 PM   #4

That looks like a better bike than my old "Will" 200CC. Better looking and better looking seat, plus the Hawk (or whatever version) has something many lack, a Fuel Gauge! Not really a big deal, but darn nice to have if you plan on putting it on the road.
Speaking of, , , , , , , , , , , ,
I have to caution you this: I ordered my Will200 from Motobuys back in February and it took till 3rd week of April to get my MCO so I could ride it on the street! 0_0
If you are off roading and are not worried about riding on road right away, then no big deal. Just giving you a heads up is all.
I have read a few posts where others ordered from Motobuys and had their
MCO ( Manufacturers Certificate of Origin ) in just a couple of weeks.
--- shrugs ----
I DO know this, I ordered the Will200 on Thursday, and the following Tuesday afternoon it arrived. That is fast by anyone's standards. Just not the MCO issue.

Best of luck!!! It is one heck of a good price!!!!!

Old 06-24-2015, 03:44 PM   #5

That Hawk 250 is a good looking motorcycle.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-24-2015, 06:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Angel View Post
That looks like a better bike than my old "Will" 200CC. Better looking and better looking seat, plus the Hawk (or whatever version) has something many lack, a Fuel Gauge! Not really a big deal, but darn nice to have if you plan on putting it on the road.
Speaking of, , , , , , , , , , , ,
I have to caution you this: I ordered my Will200 from Motobuys back in February and it took till 3rd week of April to get my MCO so I could ride it on the street! 0_0
If you are off roading and are not worried about riding on road right away, then no big deal. Just giving you a heads up is all.
I have read a few posts where others ordered from Motobuys and had their
MCO ( Manufacturers Certificate of Origin ) in just a couple of weeks.
--- shrugs ----
I DO know this, I ordered the Will200 on Thursday, and the following Tuesday afternoon it arrived. That is fast by anyone's standards. Just not the MCO issue.

Best of luck!!! It is one heck of a good price!!!!!
I got my MCO from motobuys withn a coulple of weeks because I was having issues with a BMS Ranch Pony side x side I bought from them missing body parts and was calling them regularly about this issue. (which has never been resolved by them or BMS) Imentioned the MCO's everytime I called so not sure if that sped up the process or not

Old 06-25-2015, 01:59 AM   #7

Same bike sold here in Mexico by Veloci motos. The model xeverus 250cc (3 diff models). Price around $1,600. check this out: http://velocimotors.com.mx/ I never seen this bike in the city, maybe in guadalajara or any southern state of Mx. I´ve been tempted to get a new one but my vento mountrack is as tough as a John Deere that think twice before selling it. Good luck.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:44 PM   #8

So i did order one. I mean for $1350 you cant go wrong. It should be here mayb tomorrow or Monday. Have to say I'm super excited. Hopefully it wont take too long to get a MCO and bill of sale, so i can get it licensed for road use.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:32 PM   #9

Congrats! Cant wait to see pics.

/

Old 06-25-2015, 07:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by newrider93 View Post
So i did order one. I mean for $1350 you cant go wrong..
Hey congratulations! No you really can't go wrong if you are the type that appreciates value, in exchange for no warranty, no support (besides the great folks here), No assembly instructions, sketchy parts supply (bike specific, meaning Hawk parts, but I suppose we are almost global and specific parts could be ordered from Tabao.

Take your time assembling your bike, I had a couple errors where I had to undo something in order to progress properly, the routing of cables and brake lines from the handlebars, I still need to adjust the triple, my front wheel is not perfect straight.

I would suggest ordering a 17T front sprocket, I had one and installed it and teh bike is a bit better for street riding. I may drop the rear as well to a 46T, but the front is easy and cheap to get started.

I also backed out the mix screw on the carb 2 turns to richen it up a bit...the screw has a tamper plug and it is a bit trying to remove....next time I would heat up a very small straight jewelers screw driver and plunge the plastic plug, then unscrew it.....The front bar that secures the tank plastics required some bending as well...Oh and the speedo hub that you need for the front wheel is packaged in the box in a small white box....I couldn't find it duh and you NEED it to put the front wheel on. Mine was a few sips short on oil as well, added some after running a bit ouch!

All in all, assembly is pretty easy....I still got a couple parts left over haha.....

Old 06-25-2015, 09:05 PM   #11

They sell an 'easy out' kit at Harbor Freight for $7 that will back out all the tamper proof fasteners on the carb. You can then replace the carb bowl fasteners with regular screws. Plus the kit is just great to have in your tool box for whenever you run into a stripped or broken screw.

This isn't the exact set I purchased but it is close enough. Took the plugs right out of the carb with zero hassle.

http://www.harborfreight.com/screw-e...-pc-61981.html

/

Old 06-26-2015, 05:00 PM   #12

So I just received my bike and I am super excited. I will probably assemble it tomorrow. And idk why motobuys has two listings for the same bike at different prices, but it is the hawk 250. It looks pretty cool. I will definitely ask you guys if I have any questions. I will try to post pics later.

Pretty quick shipping. I ordered it last Saturday. It shipped Monday. So it only took about five days.

Old 06-26-2015, 05:14 PM   #13

Good for you. We eagerly await your photos.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-27-2015, 10:27 AM   #14

Quote:
So I just received my bike and I am super excited. I will probably assemble it tomorrow. And idk why motobuys has two listings for the same bike at different prices, but it is the hawk 250. It looks pretty cool. I will definitely ask you guys if I have any questions. I will try to post pics later.

Pretty quick shipping. I ordered it last Saturday. It shipped Monday. So it only took about five days.
Awesome news!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-27-2015, 03:45 PM   #15

Quote:
found that its real name is a Hensim HS250GY.4. Just wondering if anyone has one of these bikes or know anything about them.
That's where I saw these before! They are made by Hensim!! We had discussed Hensims several years ago here on Chinariders--mostly the Honda Rebel-looking 250 twin street bike that a few people got, but for a brief, short period of time, the Hensim was available via a mail-order place out of Oklamahoma (cannot recall the name). What that place had had before the Hensim was the VERY popular, and probably the first '250' (although really 229 or thereabouts depending on type and manufacturer of engine) enduro called the HiBird 250. From what we could deduce about HiBird at the time was that they are/were OEMs for Lifan as their enduros looked identical to the Lifan GY-2 bikes which were not as popular as the GY-5 bikes.

I am glad to see them available here once again as Hensim were considered a good (for Chinese, of course!) manufacturer about 7 or 8 years ago. I think what killed off their US operations (they had a distribution center in the L.A. area--City of Industry if I remember) was what killed off a few other brands--trying to pull fast ones to get around the EPA. Can't remember what, but they shut down pretty quickly. The 250 enduro had been teased on their US website for years, but was never really available through them, but rather that one Oklahoma retailer/mail-order place, so I believe the retailer had had a container or two sent directly to them.

Enough history because they were so brief, and came during the time that not much was known about Chinese bikes in general, and parts were near impossible to come by. Now, parts trickle here and there, and information is abundant, so hopefully 'the second coming' of Hemsim will show us what they are made of!

Congrats!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard