Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2019, 06:11 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofqueenz View Post
Thanks Gronk.

Any nay sayers around using a C-clamp to break the bead ?

Youtube can take you down the wormhole in terms of ideas on how to break the bead... I;ve seen crazy McGuyver approaches to the simple approach of beatin it with a hammer.

Thanks
I have never had to use anything more than my own body weight to break a bead, unless the tire is so ancient that it went out of date code in the previous decade and has hardened to a point it resembles plastic more than rubber.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 06-26-2019, 09:47 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
I have never had to use anything more than my own body weight to break a bead, .
Yah! but you're Megadan!....well, I haven't either but I'm fairly mega myself. ;-)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 06-26-2019, 10:34 AM   #18

Quote:
I have never had to use anything more than my own body weight to break a bead.
Same here and i'm no were near Megadan size.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 06-26-2019, 03:15 PM   #19

Umm ok guys. What gives with local shops refusal to work on Chinese bikes? Called 4 separate shops on this tire issue and as soon as I mention the bike they wouldnt help at all. One shop just hung up! SO I take it if I buy one of these bikes its mine along with any repairs. I am good for the most part with usual maintenance/repairs, tire changes etc.. but if something major happens to the engine then I am screwed.

Old 06-26-2019, 03:34 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjmt View Post
Umm ok guys. What gives with local shops refusal to work on Chinese bikes? Called 4 separate shops on this tire issue and as soon as I mention the bike they wouldnt help at all. One shop just hung up! SO I take it if I buy one of these bikes its mine along with any repairs. I am good for the most part with usual maintenance/repairs, tire changes etc.. but if something major happens to the engine then I am screwed.

I don't tell the local shop what bike the wheels came from, I just take them in and have them mount the tires for me. Doesn't hurt that I have bought several motorcycles and a couple 4 wheelers from them, either, so they know me. I also bought the Shinko 705s from them.

Old 06-26-2019, 04:55 PM   #21

Just tell them the wheels came off an old Honda SL or XR.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 06-26-2019, 05:27 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofqueenz View Post
Thanks Gronk.

Any nay sayers around using a C-clamp to break the bead ?

Youtube can take you down the wormhole in terms of ideas on how to break the bead... I;ve seen crazy McGuyver approaches to the simple approach of beatin it with a hammer.

Thanks
Quote:
I have never had to use anything more than my own body weight to break a bead, unless the tire is so ancient that it went out of date code in the previous decade and has hardened to a point it resembles plastic more than rubber.
Bikes that have been under my care generally just take a knee or hard pressure to break the bead. Not saying that I'm an awesome maintenance guy but like Dan said a fresher tire should go easy and old stuff is tougher. I have been to the point of exhaustion breaking down an old 16" Comstar rim before. So these types of bikes should be a piece of cake.

Old 06-26-2019, 09:02 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjmt View Post
generally speaking, yes. welcome to china bikes. if you're not prepared to do most of the tinkering/repairs yourself, a CB might not be for you. they are cheap to buy, but there's a reason. not chastizing. just a basic fact we all accept when we go into the purchase.

Old 06-26-2019, 10:39 PM   #24

Ok well I did find a place a local hole in the wall, a mom and pop type shop there main business is working on motorcycles they dont discriminate on brands. I knew they were there but never stopped in and should have. They do good work apparently from the reviews online and have fair prices. To make things even better they actually sale Chinese atv's, gokarts, scooters and bikes on the side. That surprised me because they never have any setting outside or signs. They just sold the last Hawk last week so I will have to wait until after the 4th to see one in person.

SO I am set if something comes up I cant handle. I am pretty good but no where as good as some of you guys. No way I could port a engine or do any tearing into a engine. Also electrical gives me a fit especially trying to find a short.

I will make some calls tomorrow to some different bike shops and use a different bike see if I cant get this tire size thing answered for good.

If I cant break the bead I use our small tractor and just ease the front wheel up on it. Works every-time. Works on atv tires too.

Old 06-26-2019, 11:38 PM   #25

Why not a hawk 250? They are pretty much the same thing and the hawk comes with a rim combo that will allow you to find more type of tire for off road.

Old 06-27-2019, 12:37 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
Why not a hawk 250? They are pretty much the same thing and the hawk comes with a rim combo that will allow you to find more type of tire for off road.

I like the brozz better. It has a half ass digital dash the hawk doesnt.Swing arms are different. Looks/ colors /graphics better. counter balance engine. quit a few differences. I really wish the brozz had 17in front and rear tires be a cool super moto look. But if i am stuck only with just shinko 244 tires well it is over before it even starts. Tires make the bike for as I am concerned.

You would think they would upgrade these damn bikes instead of just ordering the same old models every yr. I think most of this is just laziness on the us distributors. How long has it been since anything changed on the hawk? Digital dashes have been out how long? I know there is a new hawk coming out but I dont want to be the first beta tester on that.

Old 06-27-2019, 08:07 AM   #27

I got an email from Don with shopapmc.com yesterday. The Lifan X-Pect's will arrive next week. The X-Pect is $1669.00 (Colors: Orange, Green & Red) + Shipping Cost and is arriving on Wednesday July 3rd.

It has the 19/17 wheel combo. Fuel injected 200cc. Might be something to look at.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Last edited by JerryHawk250; 06-28-2019 at 07:47 AM.

Old 06-27-2019, 08:05 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
I got an email from Don with shopapmc.com yesterday. The Lifan X-Pect's will arrive next week. The X-Pect is $1669.00 (Colors: Orange, Green & Red) + Shipping Cost and is arriving on Wednesday July 3rd.

It has the 21/18 wheel combo. Fuel injected 200cc. Might be something to look at.
I believe it's going to attract a lot of attention!

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 06-27-2019, 10:51 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post

It has the 21/18 wheel combo. Fuel injected 200cc. Might be something to look at.

You sure on the wheel combo's? On Lifan website they have it at the 19/17 combo. But either way not sure i want to risk $$$ with this new efi. On top of that just 200(196) cc not big enough. Another genius idea from the good idea fairies. I wonder who actually makes these decisions the Chinese or some dump ass redneck American with no business experience.

Old 06-27-2019, 11:00 PM   #30

I did get the tire stuff sorta today and in process of making out a post with all the tire brands/models in the sizes that will work on the 19/17 combo's. I used the xs650 and the cr125 motorcycles as both use the 1.85x19. I didnt get one hang up or snobby reply from any of the shops I called. Nothing but help, Amazing!