Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Everything Else
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2022, 12:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc3 View Post
Front break seems to be gripping too much and not allowing the wheel to spin freely. How do I adjust the grip? The manual just has information on tightening it. The adjustment is all the way out.
Have you relieved the tension?

****The master cylinder at the lever (handlebar) is NOT adjustable. The adjustment is for setting the lever at a comfortable position (I like the levers closer to the handlebar myself).

It would not be a bad idea to just bleed the brake (at the caliper down on the wheel). It is possible that one or both of the pistons at the caliber are not retracting properly. Start with a bleed...

Name:  BleederPort.JPG
Views: 257
Size:  147.9 KB

Put a 1/4" tube on that nipple. This will help prevent air from getting back into the caliper while you bleed it (in the pic, I have an 8mm box end wrench on the bleeder nipple). It is standard lefty loosy. BUT, do not open the bleeder valve unless you have someone squeezing the lever. AND TIGHTEN THE BLEEDER valve before releasing the lever (or air will enter thru the bleeder valve into the pistons at the caliper!). Repeat this a few times.

Most people have the opposite problem (air in the caliper pistons reducing the quality of brakes!).

Last edited by Thumper; 12-14-2022 at 08:34 PM.