Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2011, 08:22 AM   #1

I need some help with a trouble shooting flow chart

I have these little china quads because I think they're fun...but most people who buy do it becuase they're cheap (the bikes, mostly, but also the people sometimes)...and they're usually the kind of people who have no idea how to do the work. There's a dozen websites that cover how to repair specific problems, but I think it's all stuff that can be put into a single image.

It's all stuff like "does it have spark?" then you go one way for "yes" and another for "no/weak spark". You guys have all seen these things.

What I need to know is when it comes to ohming out the ignition coil and CDI and stator, what are the typical values one should see from the healthy components? If you can check, what are you guys seeing on your currently working bikes?

Any help would be fantastic. Thanks!

Old 07-20-2011, 08:34 AM   #2

A flow chart is a great idea.

Old 07-21-2011, 12:41 AM   #3

I don't know if this helps but I posted some info in another thread with links to a couple different flow charts that give you a range of what the ohms and or voltage should be for most generic 4 strokes electrical components. I think I found some of it here.

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...hlight=#130742

I'll try to take some readings on my bike within the next couple days and report back. But it will be hard to know exactly what they should read for most bikes due to poor/no documentation. I think the best thing you can do is to look for consistency. Like on the stator, all three leads should have the same resistance/voltage etc... Stuff like that.

It'd be really neat to get a Wiki going to compile all of this great information on these forums.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:37 AM   #4

Yeah three different websites will have three different ranges/readings for teh same part. That's why I'm asking for real-world numbers. If your bikes works under these conditions, then this is an acceptable configuration.