Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2021, 03:01 PM   #1

California-Legal Clone

I had heard that Skyteam was bringing its CT-70 clones back to the US several months ago, and they were supposed to be California CARB legal. I know that Pitster sells the Skyteam OEM lineup of 'Street Retros' so I would periodically check the site, where it has stated 'Pre-Order' or 'Out of Stock' depending on model for a couple years now. Well, apparently Amigo Motorsports (scooter company) is (probably one of the few, unless they signed an exclusive deal) distributing them. Several retail outlets are advertising them, including some 'usual suspects'. I don't want to promote anyone, but rather point out that the bikes are out there and all the dealers are claiming CARB legal. I wouldn't necessarily believe the 'usual suspects' but Bobcats Motorsports is an actual California retailer.

https://www.bobcatsmotorsports.com/A.../rocky-125.htm

https://affordableatv.com/new-amigo-...anual-4-speed/

https://arlingtonpowersports.com/new...anual-4-speed/

https://lowestpriceatv.com/new-amigo...anual-4-speed/

https://www.360powersports.com/new-a...anual-4-speed/

As far as Chinese clones go, the Skyteam bikes have been known as being fairly solid, and have a fully manual transmissions. The Icebear Champion is also a clone, has been available continuously, and has a decent reputation, but only offers a 4-speed semi-manual transmission. I do feel that the Icebear has better graphics (they went 'retro' a few years back with funky 70s colored stickers). But, alas, it is not California-legal, and has never been. This new bike distributed and labeled as an Amigo branded bike claims CARB certification and that is a big deal for Californians if these can be registered for the street.

EDIT: these appear NOT available, yet, and do not show on Amigo's website.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-19-2021, 03:28 PM   #2

I remember seeing this advertised a while back and thought hard about getting it. A CT110 or CT125 clone would be great. Looks like I have dealership 27minutes away.....hmmm????

Old 06-19-2021, 08:34 PM   #3

I saw the name on a CT70 clone group I belong to on Facebook. After posting this, funny enough, a member who bought one months back and lives in California recognized me from high school (class of '87--Crespi High School in Encino). He lives in California, so his choices were already narrowed down. He said the only indication the OEM is Skyteam was the air filter. Amigo is not known for being a manufacturer as their scooters are all sourced from Znen, so I would venture to say they actually did source these from Skyteam who then put the Amigo name on them. I wish Amigo would update their website to reflect these considering my old classmate bought his before his original post back in March (I thought these were not in the US yet based on the 'Out of Stock' note on the above mail-order retailers. But, these have already come in and are apparently selling out.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 06-19-2021, 09:00 PM   #4

I have seen these for sale by a brick and mortar dealer in the bay area, CA. They were advertised on craigslist at the time.

Old 06-19-2021, 11:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
I have seen these for sale by a brick and mortar dealer in the bay area, CA. They were advertised on craigslist at the time.
The friend from the Facebook group I mentioned did confirm they are California street legal, not just green or red sticker off-road.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150