Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2024, 11:12 AM   #7

The only reason that I run a 46 tooth sprocket is because I already had 2 , one from my old Brozz , and one that was evidently stock with the TBR7, that I bought slightly used. I tried the 17 tooth with the 46 when the bike was basically stock, and thought about keeping it, BUT on certain long fast hills the bike ran out of steam too fast, so I switched to a 16 tooth front,and the bike did a lot better. I modded my motor, and got noticably more power, and a more fast road compatible power curve, so I put my 17 back on the front, and it was just right. I was still on the stock knobby when I put the 17 on, but have since put a Dunlop D605 , 4.60x18 on the rear, and I can tell it geared me down just a little from what it was with the knobby, which evidently had a larger diameter. I'm still very satisfied with the Hawk now, to the point of being too satisfied, because I am riding it so often, and for longer faster rides, that I bought the KPX for. LOL. I have been riding the KPX more often in the last couple of weeks. The Hawk was taching close to 8,000 at 70( true GPS verified )with the D605, it will still run 70, but is just starting to go beyond 8,000.

Tags
hawk 250 mods, hawk 250 motor, hawk 250 parts, hawk 250 specs