Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2023, 06:10 AM   #1

Hawk 250 xpro rps rims

I'm located in northeastern WI and new to this site as far as asking questions but I have a 2021 hawk 250 xpro purchase brand new 2021. I have had a few expected issues and a few unexpected ones but nothing I couldn't deal with. I'm looking for a better quality front and rear rim assembly than the stock. I've replaced front and back spokes, laced and trued myself. I would really like to get a rear without a single thin snap ring holding on my sprocket. I don't understand the point behind that design. I took a nasty hit to the front rim from a big rock when my tire pressure was very low unknown at time and caused a minor bend. It's barely noticeable until your doing around 75 80miles\h. If anyone has a place I can find compatible rims let me know please. And also is it possible to go down a inch or two on the rim size? I'm just curious of how running a 17 on the rear and a 19 on the front would be?
I have taken good care of the bike yet I have ridden it about 6000 miles of which maybe 1000 blacktop miles. I tend to ride as hard as you'd ride a ktm dirt bike without jumping it but super rough Rocky back wood trails and hill climbs sometime deep muddy swamps, I also stud the tires in winter and ride anywhere the snow isn't to deep. Honestly with bringing a few tools and parts it has always gotten me home, sometimes I don't know how. I have practically rebuilt bike myself to my liking as far as blinkers, fog lights, complete custom remote activated underglow lighting, upgraded headlight assembly, nibbi carb, performance exhaust, upgraded air intake, sprocket upgrade, 425 chain, and gave it a custom paint job myself and probably more things. I'm impressed with the bike and have loved it from day one
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-08-17.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	275.1 KB
ID:	29068   Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-11-03.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	923.1 KB
ID:	29069  

Old 04-22-2023, 06:30 AM   #2

Paint looks great. Cool color choice too.

Old 04-22-2023, 09:30 AM   #3

you got the old girl lookin pretty sharp. how did you prep for paint and what specific paint did you use? I have never had any luck keeping paint on plastics.

Old 04-22-2023, 04:02 PM   #4

KKE makes all sort of wheels. Contact them for a quote.

https://www.kkeracing.com/

They also make shocks (stock on many Chinese bikes of many brands). Tell them year/model and ask about options and a quote.

Tags
compatible rims, hawk250, rim size affect