Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2023, 10:10 PM   #1

what is the best china built atv?

I know thats kind of a loaded question but what is the general consensus on the subject?
I had my mind set for another honda listed at about 6k, got the quote via email and it was just a frog hair shy of 10k, I nearly had a stroke.
any how now I am interested in a china atv, I was pretty happy with the brozz 250 and the guy I sold it to was still delirious a year after he bought it and as far as I know he is still riding it. it isn't the old honda quality but it only cost about a 3rd of a comparable honda so it make perfect sense.

For reference I am wanting a utility type for working around the place and getting to the squirrel woods. I would like to get at least 40 mph out of one but thats not a deal breaker. I would also like a 200 cc or better as well but reliability is the most important trait I am looking for, that trumps displacement or speed big time for me.
Thanks again for any help.
creek.

Old 04-03-2023, 07:46 AM   #2

Linhai makes a high quality ATV. They're Link to Yamaha some kind of way.
https://www.venommotorsportsusa.com/...l-transmission
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 04-03-2023, 02:21 PM   #3

thanks Jerry

Old 04-04-2023, 09:58 AM   #4

I've had a Taotao Rhino for several years and have used it heavily. Well over 2000 hours on it so far and the engine has been trouble free. The rest of it is so-so but simple to work on and parts are easy to get. I've had to replace all the wheel bearings and suspension rubber parts as well as all the shocks and swing arm bearings, sprockets, chain, seat, clutch cable and more. It has never left me stranded and I often ride in very remote areas. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who can't do their own mechanical work.

Old 04-04-2023, 10:29 AM   #5

Sounds about on par for most of the China bikes, the motor/trans are usually solid, but its the little things that keep you engaged over time, albeit at low cost.. but yea, you definitely can't be afraid to get your hands dirty

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 04-04-2023, 11:16 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
I've had a Taotao Rhino for several years and have used it heavily. Well over 2000 hours on it so far and the engine has been trouble free. The rest of it is so-so but simple to work on and parts are easy to get. I've had to replace all the wheel bearings and suspension rubber parts as well as all the shocks and swing arm bearings, sprockets, chain, seat, clutch cable and more. It has never left me stranded and I often ride in very remote areas. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who can't do their own mechanical work.
Thanks Mud Flap, good info. I am not a great mechanic but a pretty good parts changer so the kind of repairs you describe would be acceptable.

Any suggestions on a dealer that is reliable?

Old 04-04-2023, 11:31 AM   #7

Quote:
MudFlap, what is the displacement of your rhino engine?

how fast will it run on a flat dirt surface? the reason for asking is I sometimes will run 20 miles down wide grades to get to a particular section of forest.

Thanks,
Creek.

Old 04-04-2023, 06:10 PM   #8

??

Old 04-04-2023, 10:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ina Ditch View Post
MudFlap, what is the displacement of your rhino engine?

how fast will it run on a flat dirt surface? the reason for asking is I sometimes will run 20 miles down wide grades to get to a particular section of forest.

Thanks,
Creek.

I can't recommend a dealer because it's been years since I got it. Not sure if the engine is a 200 or 230 or what, it's labeled as a 67mm bore, 250cc class but I haven't pulled the head to measure it. It'll go 40 mph.

Old 04-14-2023, 02:59 PM   #10

Quote:
I can't recommend a dealer because it's been years since I got it. Not sure if the engine is a 200 or 230 or what, it's labeled as a 67mm bore, 250cc class but I haven't pulled the head to measure it. It'll go 40 mph.
Thanks MudFlap, thats on par with the 300 fourtrax, I think the best I ever got on it per GPS was 42mph on a graded forest service road.

who do you prefer to buy parts for the rhino from?

Thanks again for the good info.

Old 04-14-2023, 05:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ina Ditch View Post
Thanks MudFlap, thats on par with the 300 fourtrax, I think the best I ever got on it per GPS was 42mph on a graded forest service road.

who do you prefer to buy parts for the rhino from?

Thanks again for the good info.
I've bought a few parts from the Taotao parts website and some bearings, chains, tires, and such from eBay.