Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2007, 03:53 PM   #1

train tracks

a few guys around here were walking around in the woods and found some place where some Koresians stayed. i decidded to take the train tracks from my house to there. here's some pics and video.

there is a golf course/comunity built around the tracks. when golfing you actually have to cross the tracks to get to the other side of the course.

can't really see it here but there is a gold cart going across the tracks. plus you can kinda get an idea what i was riding through.

a bridge after i had already crossed it.

east view off the bridge

west view off the bridge

from here i got to corkscrew rd. i turned left in the grass and went down a little trail. i saw what looked like an opening to go into the field but at the last second i had to lay on the brakes cause there was a down barb wire fence. i didn't want any flats so i figured this was the end. i was back on the tracks and then saw the tops of the house's.

after taking that pic i saw some bumbs come walking out from under the bridge onto the track. i must have woke them up while i was taking the pics off the bridge. there was two of them and i was by myself so i figured it was smarter to head back to corkscrew. i hit corkscrew and went to 41 to broadway and went back to the tracks. on the way back home i had to hit my favorite water crossing. i think this is part of the 10 mile canal.

i wanted a vid of me going through this so i set the phone up across the bridge and got some vid of myself going through the crossing. it's hard to tell by the video but there is a decent current. as you can see the water is almost as deep at the crossing as my front tire (21" rim).