Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2017, 03:01 PM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame28 View Post

Initial Maintenence:
See post below in thread for Assembly of the bike out the crate.

· Rear disk brake - make sure there's plenty of movement freeplay in the linkage at the master cylinder to pedal otherwise it may not work properly once the fluid heats up.
·
Tighten every nut and bolt as most seem to be delivered only finger tight, including tightening the steering stem nut and wheel spokes
· Replace spark plug - NGK Spark Plug, Wire and Boot replacement
· Check the Valves clearance
· I'd also ensure that the stator harness is properly routed around the countershaft sprocket before ever riding the bike.
· Change out the factory oil immediately
· the original Honda CG125 engine that these are copied from have a screen there, not a paper filter. There is a centrifugal filter under the clutch cover that should be cleaned eventually.
CG125, but also the XR/XL 185/200 uses the same mesh centrifugal filter

Great thread Fame28. Can you (or anyone else here) please tell me why you recommend that the the factory oil be changed out immediately before riding it?

I just bought a new Hawk 250 and with the new factory oil in it, I have since started the bike up to let it idle a few times (for less than 5 minutes each time), and then a few days after that, I took it for a gentle 2-3 minute ride through my yard.

I was definitely planning to change the factory oil out after maybe 1-2 hours worth of riding time (to remove any new engine debris out with the oil) to be on the safe side, but now I am curious to know why you recommend changing it out immediately. Does it come with inferior oil, or the incorrect grade of oil? Or do you suggest this just to be on the safe side just in case?

Luckily I have only about 20 minutes of total run time on my new Hawk engine using the new factory engine oil so I guess that I should be fine. Anyhow, can you please let me know why you noted this recommendation to change out the factory oil immediately before riding? Thanks a lot.

Old 10-29-2017, 08:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkTwoFifty View Post
Great thread Fame28. Can you (or anyone else here) please tell me why you recommend that the the factory oil be changed out immediately before riding it?

I just bought a new Hawk 250 and with the new factory oil in it, I have since started the bike up to let it idle a few times (for less than 5 minutes each time), and then a few days after that, I took it for a gentle 2-3 minute ride through my yard.

I was definitely planning to change the factory oil out after maybe 1-2 hours worth of riding time (to remove any new engine debris out with the oil) to be on the safe side, but now I am curious to know why you recommend changing it out immediately. Does it come with inferior oil, or the incorrect grade of oil? Or do you suggest this just to be on the safe side just in case?

Luckily I have only about 20 minutes of total run time on my new Hawk engine using the new factory engine oil so I guess that I should be fine. Anyhow, can you please let me know why you noted this recommendation to change out the factory oil immediately before riding? Thanks a lot.
The oil that comes in the engine and the front forks is basically a rust preventative oil with less than optimal lubrication qualities...ARH

Old 05-23-2020, 06:52 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkTwoFifty View Post

Because the factory oil is of unknown quality and specifications and good oil is $4
2018 Hawk - Nibbi PE30, Nibbi Intake, UNI Filter, Ebay Exhaust, NGK 4929 (non-Iridium), 428 D.I.D. X-Ring, 15/40 Sprockets, Walmart AGM Battery, IMS Shifter, Full LED Lighting, Digital Cluster, CSC Swingarm Pin, Modified Chain Adjusters, Upgraded Wheel Bearings

** MPH Cruise, ** MPG

Old 05-23-2020, 02:06 AM   #4

Head Scratching haosen motors

Hi I have just acquired a 2018 Hawk and the title I have says manufactured by Haosen motors, I am trying to order part for it and don't know how to find them ie I need to to order a replacement right brake lever a lot of the dealers that sell Hawk have all different styles that would not accomodats the lever piece that I took out and I wanted to order some fairings parts as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated :thanks

Old 08-04-2020, 12:32 PM   #5

MASSACHUSETTS - registered my 2020 Hawk 250 in July of 2020:
Make: Haosen (listed as HAO on registration and insurance)
Model: 250

Old 02-23-2021, 11:05 PM   #6

Question about locknut size

Hi! Does any know the size of the locknut for the Magician 250? I'm looking for a locknut for my front wheel axle. Thanks!

Tags
haosen, hawk, hawk 250, hs250y-a