Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2016, 09:47 AM   #1

Angry superiorpowersports.com review = ONE STAR OR DO NOT BUY FROM!

If you buy a bike from these guys you might get the bike you ordered (you might not) but what you wont get is a warranty that adds ANY value because they will NOT stand behind what they sell. Once you get the bike you are on your own. . Do not buy one of these bikes thinking China bike riders will help you they may or may not dont depend on it. Some would prefer to post in your threads giving you a hard time not help. But there others that will help if they can. superiorpowersports.com will not return any calls all they will do for you is give you the run around. If you like throwing your money away buy a China bike from them. If you want to ride a bike your best bet is to save your money and buy CSC or a used jap bike. Bottom line I rate SP at one star because I at least got the bike other wise they earned 0 stars.

PS when I bought this bike it was in the high 90's now there is snow on the ground and I got a total of 168 miles out of it. That means it cost me around $12 a mile to ride this thing. Not at all a good deal if you ask me!!!

Last edited by Merlin; 09-27-2016 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Calmed down (LOL)

Old 09-24-2016, 04:01 PM   #2

Did you buy a Hawk from them?I was thinking about getting one as an xmas pres for my son.

Old 09-24-2016, 05:23 PM   #3

Bashan Blaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
Did you buy a Hawk from them?I was thinking about getting one as an xmas pres for my son.
I bought a Bashan Balze. With the hawk you can find lots of help on this forum. I would buy it from this link:
http://www.apscusa.com/New-2015-Hawk...led_p_688.html

Sounds like they are your best bet. Good luck with what ever you get.

Old 09-25-2016, 12:32 PM   #4

Thanks Merlin.

Old 09-27-2016, 01:34 AM   #5

Ok Ive given up on SP and just bought new front and rear wheels with aluminum rims. They will cost me about $90 with all fees. Got em on taobao
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T1D_lVFqFuXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic_jpg_600x600.jpg (40.6 KB, 206 views)
File Type: jpg TB2aFyacXXXXXbFXpXXXXXXXXXX-1789132172.jpg (53.2 KB, 210 views)

Old 09-27-2016, 12:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Do not buy one of these bikes thinking the great China bike riders will help you they wont.
That is a broad statement. Several of us work at giving the best guidance we can.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-27-2016, 12:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Ok Ive given up on SP and just bought new front and rear wheels with aluminum rims. They will cost me about $90 with all fees. Got em on taobao
Pretty nice looking wheels.

Old 09-27-2016, 01:06 PM   #8

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
That is a broad statement. Several of us work at giving the best guidance we can.
Yes that is true. There are some helpful people here. I guess I got a little pissed at just a few who liked to give a hard time instead of hard advice. I walk that statement back. The few that do help are enough to keep me coming back. Thanks for your post.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:57 AM   #9

Final review posted on facebook:
there claim of a warranty is a total lie!! the sales rep amy is the biggest liar i've ever encountered! do not believe a word she tells you!!!
if you get your bike or what ever it is you buy from these ripoffs you are lucky. if you ever need support forget about it. they have no parts for any thing they sale. they will give you no after sale support of any kind. do not buy anything from these ripoffs!! if there was some way to sue these creeps i would do it in a heartbeat!!

Old 11-30-2016, 02:06 PM   #10

Gosh Merlin, I am sorry you got such crappy service from these online parasites. It makes me mader than Rosie ODonnell listening to Trump chop her down. LOL sorry couldn't resist. I for one will NOT buy from the retailers that get bad reviews here. I have some plans in the works to become a dealer myself. I already have an LLC and I'm eyeballing a building here in town. After Christmas I'm gonna set it all in motion. Maybe just Maybe I can make a difference for buyers all while doing something I love. The Military has taught me AWESOME work ethic, responsibility, attention to detail, integrity, and selflessly serving your fellow man. Not tooting my own horn but I feel maybe I can make a difference in the market and take care of folks. As long as the bills will get paid I don't care if I get rich, I will just enjoy doing it. Call me crazy or full of CRAP but thats real. Take Care

Old 11-30-2016, 05:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
Gosh Merlin, I am sorry you got such crappy service from these online parasites. It makes me mader than Rosie ODonnell listening to Trump chop her down. LOL sorry couldn't resist. I for one will NOT buy from the retailers that get bad reviews here. I have some plans in the works to become a dealer myself. I already have an LLC and I'm eyeballing a building here in town. After Christmas I'm gonna set it all in motion. Maybe just Maybe I can make a difference for buyers all while doing something I love. The Military has taught me AWESOME work ethic, responsibility, attention to detail, integrity, and selflessly serving your fellow man. Not tooting my own horn but I feel maybe I can make a difference in the market and take care of folks. As long as the bills will get paid I don't care if I get rich, I will just enjoy doing it. Call me crazy or full of CRAP but thats real. Take Care
Good luck to you sir! I wish you nothing but the best. We need more places like that. It comes with a price though. Like my CB Guy here in Sac, he does have parts, he does warranty his products, he does have a service dept, he does have tons of product on the sales floor....but he's also more expensive than anywhere you can buy online. There's a trade-off for us consumers and he has people, parts, mechanics and a brick and mortar store to support. CB's have always been "By with backup and pay more....or by at rock bottom prices and expect to be on your own". Hopefully that will change with increased buyer expectation as they become more popular.

The places now, especially CSC, are like a God Send to us. Heck, with SPS, I was just happy I got a functioning quad and paperwork at a rock bottom price. My CB Guy here in Sac wants 1700.00 for a Coolster 150....but hell be there if you need him. Again, the trade off.

I'm sorry about your experience with SPS, Merlin. That does suck....but again, it's not shocking.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 11-30-2016, 06:33 PM   #12

Thanks 2LZ, We have some dealers in and around here. But honestly they are just, um well, assemblers and the looks of their business I'm sure makes it easy for folks to drive right by. My vision is to have a small dealership, sales, service and parts. I will be a small guy just me and a clerical person to start. Its alot to figure out, but I'm working on it. It may work and then again it may FLOP. But there is really only one way to find out.

Old 11-30-2016, 10:06 PM   #13

American Lifan, as 'boring' as their first wave of product is (except for their 150cc mini--that will be a heavy hitter in the 'Grom-like motorcycle class') are trying to be what they first intended to be back in the mid to later 2000's; China's version of Honda. I think they lost their way under their leadership they had, but the new guy who runs the place is supposed to be serious with the products--hence the conservative (and seemingly boring) roll-out. From the videos of the bikes online, their first EPA/DOT certified bikes, their intended flagships, the KPR200 and KP200, look pretty good and solid. In other words, perhaps something to consider for a brick and mortar dealership as one of the brands as I am venturing that there won't be as many problems as say, the Sacramento guy, would have with Taotao or Coolster. I mention this because either my 'old' mind wants to think in terms of conservative and stable and thinks others will be interested as well, or I am getting senile

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 12-01-2016, 08:59 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
Thanks 2LZ, We have some dealers in and around here. But honestly they are just, um well, assemblers and the looks of their business I'm sure makes it easy for folks to drive right by. My vision is to have a small dealership, sales, service and parts. I will be a small guy just me and a clerical person to start. Its alot to figure out, but I'm working on it. It may work and then again it may FLOP. But there is really only one way to find out.
Letsride,

If you have any questions or just need some feed back about stetting up and running a dealership send me a private message .

I worked for many years for a company from Japan in dealer development and support (Got tired of CA quit came back to MI) I can give you pointers on setting stuff up like your accounting books, parts dept. and service dept.

Also if you get into custom bikes, I have experience working with EPA and NHTSA (So you can get that damn FMVSS sticker)

Good Luck on your new business -

Old 12-01-2016, 09:03 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideMI View Post
Letsride,

If you have any questions or just need some feed back about stetting up and running a dealership send me a private message .

I worked for many years for a company from Japan in dealer development and support (Got tired of CA quit came back to MI) I can give you pointers on setting stuff up like your accounting books, parts dept. and service dept.

Also if you get into custom bikes, I have experience working with EPA and NHTSA (So you can get that damn FMVSS sticker)

Good Luck on your new business -
Thanks RideMI,
I'm sure I could use all the advice I can get.