Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2017, 06:48 AM   #1

top speed

So I experimented with various rear sprockets from 50 down to 46, and settled on the 46. Its not that it gave a higher top speed, its just that it gave the same top speed, with less revs.

All winter my top speed has been about 62 MPH. I recently removed my hand guards, and while I was at it, I removed the fake radiator scoops from my TT250. OMG, the bike pulled so hard through 55 on up and easily pulled to 67 MPH before I ran out of room (it did start to give me some front end vagueness). I never liked those air scoops. I'm not some Shanghai teenager who is trying to trick my friends into thinking I have a water cooled dirt bike. Needless to say, they are never going back on...

Old 04-12-2017, 07:57 AM   #2

That's great ! I wonder if the bike pulled harder because it was embarrassed for itself with all the extra junk slapped on it ,and now it's free ,or if you were now able to crank the throttle harder because you got rid of the useless hand guards ?

Old 04-12-2017, 08:14 AM   #3

hand guards in winter are not useless, not perfect either.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
So I experimented with various rear sprockets from 50 down to 46, and settled on the 46. Its not that it gave a higher top speed, its just that it gave the same top speed, with less revs.

All winter my top speed has been about 62 MPH. I recently removed my hand guards, and while I was at it, I removed the fake radiator scoops from my TT250. OMG, the bike pulled so hard through 55 on up and easily pulled to 67 MPH before I ran out of room (it did start to give me some front end vagueness). I never liked those air scoops. I'm not some Shanghai teenager who is trying to trick my friends into thinking I have a water cooled dirt bike. Needless to say, they are never going back on...
Yeah, those scoops are kind of bogus. I don't think they help cylinder cooling at all. I always wondered what they were for. Now I know. It's because Shanghai teenagers want to con everybody into thinking they have one of those zoot water cooled engines....ARH

Old 04-13-2017, 01:42 AM   #5

I've taken mine off as well and it does pull stronger and it seems to be turning fewer rpm at a given speed than with them on so they must cause quite a bit of drag. I'm actually thinking about seeing if I can mount some auxiliary lights on the lower mount for them now in addition to researching whether or not a bigger tank will fit so they were going to come off eventually anyway....lol.
2016 CSC TT 250, 17/40 sprockets, JT 428 chain, Stock Keima carburetor with needle raised 1 notch and 115 main jet. Modified stock exhaust, Tachometer/Digital cluster upgrade. LED headlight, Superbrightleds 1157 Tail light bulb, Shinko 705's 90/90-21 and 120/80-18.

Old 04-13-2017, 04:35 AM   #6

I was thinking about taking the tank plastic off my Hawk also. Glad to know I'm not the only one that didn't like them.

Old 04-13-2017, 06:02 AM   #7

I think he's talking about a mesh looking screen between the tank and the scoops

Old 04-27-2017, 10:17 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
I think he's talking about a mesh looking screen between the tank and the scoops
No, I'm talking about the big plastic wings bolted onto the tank and the crossbar just below the forward end of the tank.

Old 04-27-2017, 02:27 PM   #9

I just hit 65 sitting upright without wings running 17/45 gearing. Although it did drop down to 63 when a little headwind picked up....lol. But considering the fact that I weigh 245 lbs. I'll take it.
2016 CSC TT 250, 17/40 sprockets, JT 428 chain, Stock Keima carburetor with needle raised 1 notch and 115 main jet. Modified stock exhaust, Tachometer/Digital cluster upgrade. LED headlight, Superbrightleds 1157 Tail light bulb, Shinko 705's 90/90-21 and 120/80-18.