Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2017, 07:17 AM   #1

TT250 carb options

Would like to go with a carb that has a proper enriching circuit, not choke. This would be for top end performance. Want to retain the stock airbox. Also looks like the engine end of the carb has a flange, not a spigot, what options work there?

Does anyone have a link to a carb that is "bolt on" or nearly so? Genuine (japanese) Mikuni or Keihin are desired.

Thanks,
Mike.

Old 01-25-2017, 11:55 AM   #2

Hey, Mike. You could try a CV carb, which is typically found on GY6-based engines. They have a minor delay due to the vacuum slider, but they have a proper enriching circuit. You could try this for mounting: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mikuni-Rubbe...dYEBEF&vxp=mtr

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-25-2017, 12:20 PM   #3

That one might be too big, I think the bolt holes on our most of our Chinese engines are only 48mm apart, the item linked above is 57mm between bolt holes... I would check all sizes on your bike and email the seller asking for sizes before you make any purchases

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 01-25-2017, 02:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
That one might be too big, I think the bolt holes on our most of our Chinese engines are only 48mm apart, the item linked above is 57mm between bolt holes... I would check all sizes on your bike and email the seller asking for sizes before you make any purchases
was thinking the same thing.

Old 01-26-2017, 11:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Very good point; I failed to consider the bolt hole distance. Nevertheless, there may be an adapter out there that would allow a spigot-mount carb on a flange.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer